US Vogue September 1998 : Renée Zellweger by Steven Meisel

Some Nerve
Photo Steven Meisel
Editor Camilla Nickerson
Models Carolyn Murphy, Maggie Rizer, Gisele Bundchen, Bridget Hall, Karen Elson, Shalom Harlow, Liisa Winlker, Aurelie Claudel, Elsa Benitez, Fernanda Tavares, Michelle Hicks, Emily Sandberg, Malgosia Bela & Unknown
Hair Garren
Makeup Pat McGrath

vogue archive

Soft Cover
Photo Arthur Elgort
Editor Elissa Santisi
Models Maggie Rizer, Rhea Durham & Teresa Lourenco
Hair James Brown
Makeup Sonia Kashuk

vogue archive

i miss everything about 90s, i don't care what Testino and Weber were accused,it's always the side ot 2 persons...whatever, my opinion here is Leibovitz, Lindbergh, Meisel, Testino, Weber, Elgort did such a great job and created such stunning editorials always...not like the crap which is on Vogue October 2020 and elsewhere these days,everything is ruined....

i miss everything about 90s, i don't care what Testino and Weber were accused,it's always the side ot 2 persons...whatever, my opinion here is Leibovitz, Lindbergh, Meisel, Testino, Weber, Elgort did such a great job and created such stunning editorials always...not like the crap which is on Vogue October 2020 and elsewhere these days,everything is ruined....
Well put, Mihail Mihailov!

Didn’t expect much going by the cover…

What a great surprise to be completely proven wrong by such gorgeous, and creatively sophisticated fashion stories that strongly have an air of Franca’s Vogue— but maintain its American identity throughout, one after the other. Such a difference to the cheapness it’s devolved into these days. There’s not a single sign of talent nor creative vision in the current American Vogue. Just hollow, pandering cheapness now.

I've got to be careful going through this subforum, I just want to read every article and look carefully at every edit. What a cast of models, all stars, all compelling. The clothes are wonderful and I love how much focus was given to talented avant-garde designers that are now criminally underrated and underreported.

This is a real September issue which surely would be followed by a fabulous October with some orgasmic couture portfolio...now everything, from January till December looks like a Target flyer for an end of season sale.

Does somebody know who's the designer behind the giant white knit hat in Celtic Chic? For a very long time I figured it was Yohji but I suspect it might be Gaultier. Weirdly enough the credits don't list it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->