Valentino Resort 2011

I think the last piece is very beautiful.
But can they stop making those horrible leather pieces? That red one is really awful imo.:ninja:

this looks so old and outdated, but not in a good way.... don't like it.

even from this small representation we can tell this is no where near as expressively horrible as that haute couture collection. and whoever works in their publicity department got many a celebrity to don those dresses. if we extrapolate that to its logical end, they'll also wear this unremarkable stuff. i would like to see more, but at this point there's nothing to get excited about. HOWEVER it doesn't strike fear into my heart like some of those fall looks did.

00240m.jpg

style.com

This is not horrible but its not good either. That third outfit is just a remake of what Vaentino did in the 60's there is nothing different or up to date about it, and the 7th look just screams junior prom. And whats with the "young fragile women"? What women in her right mind would want to be seen as fragile but trying really hard to be modern via tacky @ss clothes. They are such idots. But at least this collection is not a explosion of ruffles I will give them that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the "young and fragile" statement was a misunderstanding in their English. Maybe they meant to say 'delicate'.
It's not horrible, but they don't seem to be doing anything to seperate themselves from the pack.

Wow I can't believe this is getting such negative feedback. Regardless of what they said these clothes are beautiful. The leather pieces are very feminine and the semi lace dress is PURE class.

Exactly. People are just giving it bad critiques because either a)everyone is bound to do it or b) because it's the new designers and it's not the "usual" Valentino were used to.
It's my least favorite collection from them, but it's still incredibly chic and classy. The suits are gorgeous and I'm in love with the last dress.

the presentation does nothing for the clothes. i like the first suit though.

Exactly. People are just giving it bad critiques because either a)everyone is bound to do it or b) because it's the new designers and it's not the "usual" Valentino were used to.
It's my least favorite collection from them, but it's still incredibly chic and classy. The suits are gorgeous and I'm in love with the last dress.

i dont care about this not being the usual valentino, or if everyone else is hating on it.
awful things like this and this are absolutely horrible. the first two outfits look cheap as hell and the rest is fine but absolutely basic and uninteresting.

i dont care about this not being the usual valentino, or if everyone else is hating on it.
awful things like this and this are absolutely horrible. the first two outfits look cheap as hell and the rest is fine but absolutely basic and uninteresting.

I completly agree with u. The fact that it is not like the old Valentino is beside the point. This collection is crap just as the others they have presented.

at some point it's actually that the designers don't mesh well with the house. they've had a good showing -- i loved the lacey collection with the literally fabulous shoes -- but they've had so many horrendous collections that even the founders' have commented negatively.

Not really into this at all... all of the looks up to the 6th are hideous. The 7th dress is quite pretty, and so is the 9th, but overall I give a thumbs down to this collection. And using leather for a resort collection? Hmm.

at some point it's actually that the designers don't mesh well with the house. they've had a good showing -- i loved the lacey collection with the literally fabulous shoes -- but they've had so many horrendous collections that even the founders' have commented negatively.

I agree with this.
Every haute couture collection they've made for Valentino has been shambolic. And then there was Fall 2009 :yuk:
But that doesn't mean they're talentless. It's taken time for them to calculate their creativity at the house and S/S 2010 and F/W 11 have been fantastic I think.
They're gonna need time I think. But I'm on their side.

I don't care where they are taking the brand to but at least they need to put up an elegant and expensive collection. I actually like their FW10 collection a lot but, of course, every designers should be able to think and create something that fantasy goes along reality and doesn't turn out into $150 dress when it costs more and the sketch is gorgeous. I do have faith in them for SS11

young and fragile woman and the model who looks 12

How perfect

Dear Valentino Garavani,

Please, come back to the brand. We need red, classic and elegant dresses. We don't want futuristic pieces there's already Balenciaga for this, we want just elegance and a loooot of red. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->