Vancouver Shopping

There were some things at the open studios on the East Side Culture Crawl, esp furniture. Judson Beaumont is always interesting at 1000 Parker, lots of other good studios there too. Web site has links to lots of artisans/artists.

Portobello Market one Sunday a month might have something. There were some T-shirts with very subtle Canadian images like an outline of Canada in green plaid. The shirts were at the ShopCocoon coop on Main too.

Thanks Chalice :lucky:

I missed the Culture Crawl this year due to so much schoolwork :doh:
I went last year --I don't remember any furniture in the Parker St. area though
I guess it's growing more ^_^

I've been seeing some really cool industrial design from Emily Carr Arts Institute through blogs lately. Tables, shoes, etc. Really interesting ideas. I hope a few will stay in Van to work

Check the web site for the crawl, in the furniture section. There's a lot more there than I managed to get to, so I was surprised too.

Here's one :heart:

Molo Design
http://www.molodesign.com/en/molo.html
290646125_93d2f593aa.jpg

card board seating |

about molo

molo, based in Vancouver, Canada, is a design studio dedicated to materials research and an exploration of space making. As a design and manufacturing company, molo creates and distributes unique and innovative products to clients around the world. The design of molo products grows from Forsythe + MacAllen’s architectural explorations, inspired by the idea that smaller tactile objects and elements can have a real potency in the physical experience of a space. molo’s float tea lantern and paper softwall exemplify ideas of intimate, temporal space making and the original thinking behind all molo products. float glassware and the soft line of products in particular have received numerous international awards, and molo’s softwall has been acquired into the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art, in New York.

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2006/11/molo-design.html

Hi - I need advice on this. I have to buy a floor-length gown, it's for a cello concert actually. I would love to buy designer but I can't afford it. My budget is under 1000$-ish. And please don't say BCBG, hahah :smile:

Thanks for any help!

new men's shop

hey guys i just visited a new men's wear store in Gastown Vancouver and its called Roden Gray..they got brands like wings+horns, nice collective(i can't wait for their spring shipment), obedient sons (also love this label, and really happy that they carry this brand), filson bags, and exclusive to Comme des Garson parfum among others..the clothing are amazing and wings+horns is designed and manufactured in Vancouver..the sales are really knowledgeable and friendly..this has got to be my new fav shop!! for you fashionable lads and stylish ladies out there who want something wearable with a edgy twist u gotta go down to Roden Gray..their address is 231 cambie street and their fone # is 604-689-7302 i think they got a website as well..www.rodengray.com

ps: i took a pic of the store chekc it

Attachments

• store13.jpg
    store13.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 268
hey there are some really great shops in vancouver..personally i used to shop at richard kidd..now i mostly shop at Roden Gray..a relatively new men's wear store..really awesome..some amazing brands and their concept is just killer love the store www.rodengray.com

^looks really great !
Thanks fdf
I've been curious about trying those CDG colognes..

hey do you know what is all the shiny black stuff in your photo
is it a table? ..made of wood? kind of even looks like leather

it's a very nice shop design

^looks really great !
Thanks fdf
I've been curious about trying those CDG colognes..

hey do you know what is all the shiny black stuff in your photo
is it a table? ..made of wood? kind of even looks like leather

it's a very nice shop design
hey it is a table and its burnt wood..its amazing and Roden Gray carry 9 different kinds of CDG colognes

I visited Roden Gray yesterday and the staff is super friendly. Nice that somebody is carrying CDG fragrance again. I was informed that the shop is owned by the previous buyer from Richard Kidd. Also they will be getting in Helmut Lang suits in the fall. No women's, but many small mens styles that women could wear. I'll definitely be checkin in on them again.

Does anyone know when/where Richard Kidd will be opening again?

I think they might be done- I heard they were just moving too, but I talked to Ryan at Roden Gray and he said that they're just having their private label store in LA (Malibu I think?) and continuing with that. If that is true they will be missed and their beautiful space gone to waste, in my opinion, which is now a John Fluevog store.

^Yeah, they told me they were just moving and that they'd be open again by now and that they'd notify everyone on their mailing list but I haven't recieved anything yet.

So word on the street is Lougheed Mall in Burnaby is opening up an H&M where their old Gap used to be :woot: I'm excited because it's only a 5 minute drive from my boyfriend's house, which means I'll be making more of an effort to see him every weekend haha

Does anyone know when/where Richard Kidd will be opening again?

The last time I walked by there was a shoe store there? Did they move or are they completely not coming back?
and does anyone know when the downtown H&M will open?

gius, Inform in Gastown is a fantastic retailer for minimalist and/or unique furniture. I'm not sure whether much of it is made in Vancouver but it's all beautiful.

We just got an Agent Provocateur and one must not degrade the impressiveness of the new downtown Holts, which is all pink and glass and fantastically full of shoes. And an H&M is moving in to Pacific Centre in 2009!

Richard Kidd is not coming back :( They are trying to open a store in Malibu (like stealthmodesteph said) but it's moving along kinda slowly... issues with investors.

Vancouver fashonistas should check out this cool site I came across: www.partlysunny.ca

About: www.partlysunny.ca is an on-line magazine based out of Vancouver, BC for the fashion conscious and sophisticated woman, specializing in providing up to date fashion and lifestyle tid bits from a professional industry insider - PartlySunny is your style forecast.

bump*

doesn't seem to be any male fashion designers in vancouver?
i only heard of jason matlo

nor local designers for menswear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->