Vanity Fair September 2011 : Jennifer Lopez by Mario Testino

Anything with J. Lo, I like it. And this is no exception. :heart: She just looks gorgeous on the cover. Can't wait to read her interview as well regarding her split with Marc.

this is nice, and i would much rather see her on vf than on the cover of vogue, elle or hb for september, and considering her media exposure these last few months, i am quite relieved that this is it. hahaha

Nice cover, but it would have look better in VF Spain i guess

she looks pretty but like someone mentioned there's something contrived about it

The cover is by Mario Testino

Jennifer Lopez Gives Vanity Fair Her First Interview Since Announcing Her Divorce from Marc Anthony

by Vanity Fair
August 2, 2011, 12:00 AM

lopez.jpg
Photo by Mario Testino.
“That was my biggest dream, and I really worked hard at it. We both did,” Jennifer Lopez tells Vanity Fair in her first interview since announcing that she and Marc Anthony are divorcing. “Sometimes it doesn’t work—and that’s sad. But I remain an eternal optimist about love. I believe in love,” Lopez says. “It’s still my biggest dream. I am positive—determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person. I now look forward to new challenges. I feel strong.”
Lopez opens up to contributing editor Lisa Robinson about her life with Anthony and the example she hopes to set for her children; she talks about her relationship with P. Diddy and breaking off her engagement to Ben Affleck; she’s honest about the diva rumors that surround her, and shares her attitudes toward money, fame, and especially love. “I’m a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love,” Lopez explains, describing the passage that has brought her to her current state of mind. “It’s not that I didn’t love myself before. Sometimes we don’t realize that we are compromising ourselves. To understand that a person is not good for you, or that that person is not treating you in the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself—if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me. I love myself enough to walk away from that now.”
“I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer,” Lopez tells Vanity Fair. “We actually work great together, and he was always very supportive. Together we could make magic—and we did. He will always be in our lives. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children.”
j-lo-pr.jpg
Photo by Mario Testino.
The September issue of Vanity Fair hits newsstands in New York and L.A. on Wednesday, August 3 and nationally and on the iPad on Tuesday, August 9.
vanityfair.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks for posting bigger, and one more shot. Its very her, the cover i really really despise because of that tacky dress being so low cut! The face is simply stunning as always.

can't wait to see who's on their best dressed list this time....they usually get it wrong:lol:

I'm starting to agree with Wendy Williams about her saying Jlo's divorce was a publicity stunt because this interview came rather quick.

I'm starting to agree with Wendy Williams about her saying Jlo's divorce was a publicity stunt because this interview came rather quick.

she has her wedding ring in the photoshoot so I guess that they called her back after she announced the divorce to talk about it and edit the first interview?.

I love this woman, she can't do wrong. This cover is very her, very J.Lo. This issue is in the bag.

I think the cover delivers the goods for J.Lo fans. It's a pretty standard shot, but she looks beautiful, as always, and I typically find Vanity Fair features to be more extensive and better written than those in many other magazines we follow on here.

That being said, I am not a fan of hers and so I will not be purchasing this issue.

wasn't there a rumour that lindsay lohan was going to be on the september cover?
maybe they switched to j.lo after the divorce story and gave her the cover (not that' i'm disappointed...)
i actually think she looks good, and like judelove said, i'd rather see her here than on vogue/elle/bazaar/etc...

^ I can totally see her back on all those covers, now that she has her moment again, would not surprise me at all if in some time she scores Vogue again.

^ maybe next year she's having her star in Hollywood and will have 2 movies out.

For the first time as a member of the British royal family, Kate Middleton makes her way onto the International Best-Dressed List—her inaugural appearance came in 2008, and a whirlwind of fashion successes since has earned her a nod this year. She’s captivated the world with her signature mix of high and low fashion. Michelle and Barack Obama also make their first appearance together on the Best-Dressed Couples list. Michelle has been among the best-dressed ladies for the past four years, while the president has only earned a spot once, back in 2009. (Other politicos: French First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy makes the grade for the fourth time, but her husband, President Nicolas Sarkozy, does not. And other royals include Princess Charlene of Monaco, the King of Bhutan, Princess Alexandra of Greece, Countess Matilde Borromeo, Prince Antonius von Fürstenberg, Her Highness Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser of Qatar, and Nicolas Mirzayantz of Greece.)

Meanwhile, from Hollywood’s royal ranks come actors Justin Timberlake, Colin Firth, and Armie Hammer—all first-time entrants—while actresses Carey Mulligan and Tilda Swinton are second-timers. (Swinton returns after a three-year hiatus.) Among the fashion originals, Lady Gaga (her second recognition) is joined by Janelle Moná—and NBC News anchor Brian Williams enters the illustrious ranks of the list’s Hall of Fame.

A sneak-peek at the 72nd annual International Best-Dressed List:
INTERNATIONAL BEST-DRESSED LIST: WOMEN
CARLA BRUNI-SARKOZY, singer-songwriter, actress, and First Lady of France
H.H. SHEIKHA MOZA BINT NASSER OF QATAR, wife of H.H. the Emir of Qatar and
UNESCO special envoy for basic and higher education
H.R.H. THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE, wife of the future King of England
ANDREA DELLAL, mother of four
CAREY MULLIGAN, actress
CHRISTINE LAGARDE, managing director, International Monetary Fund
TILDA SWINTON, filmmaker and actress
LIZZIE TISCH, entrepreneur
H.S.H. PRINCESS CHARLENE OF MONACO, former Olympic swimmer and wife of Albert
II, Prince of Monaco
JANE LAUDER WARSH, president of Origins and Ojon

INTERNATIONAL BEST-DRESSED LIST: MEN
MARIO D’URSO, chairman of Mittel Capital
ARPAD BUSSON, financier
ALEJANDRO SANTO DOMINGO, financier
COLIN FIRTH, actor
STAVROS NIARCHOS, shipping heir
NICHOLAS FOULKES, historian, writer, and editor
MARCUS SAMUELSSON, chef, restaurant owner, and cookbook author
ARMIE HAMMER, actor
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, actor, producer, singer-songwriter, and designer
JENSON BUTTON, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 driver
vanityfair.com

i'm actually quite happy with the list...
the only person that shouldn't be on there is kate middleton...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->