Velvet smart jackets?

indian_rose

Reaction score
what does everyone think of them?

are people still wearing them, even though they've been around 4 quite a while?

one of my best friends has just been given a vintage black one (its like 30 yrs old but in really good condition) and really wants to wear it with one of those chunky belts wrapped around it over her waist...............what should i advise her? should she go 4 it or not?

Why not? Clothes are only as cool as you make them look anyway.

velvet is shaping up to be big for fall 06...
and it's pretty classic anyway...

yah-go for it...
but i don't know about the belt...
i see a lot of people trying to do that and looking really bad...
so use caution...

:flower:

I think a skinny croc belt goes over velvet jackets quite nicely. Of course, this does depend on the thickness and cut of the jacket. If it's quite fitted then there's no need for a belt. If it flares out towards the bottom, then a belt is quite good for creating a cinched waist.

I quite like the ones with puffed sleeves as opposed to a straight cut blazer (reminds me too much of the Brit pop era when EVERYONE wore vintage men's blazers.....)

I think Black Velvet jackets are always lovely, I've tried with a waist belt, but don't like it much. It looks abit 'awkward'. Mine is boy cut, skinny velvet blazer with satin labels and a big black sparkly button.
I think, for wearing out in the evening they're alot nicer than just a plain black blazer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->