Versace F/W 2005.06 Milan

Why can't it be a Versace signature...

I could very well be a signature. But to me a signature is something that never goes out of style, and that dress was never in style.

I think we should keep the Medusa and eye-popping colors as the Versace signature.

Hana looks like such a rock star here. This collection was better than usual, but I personally wouldn't wear 85% of it.

I liked the more sl*tty donatella, but this is still nice. :heart: the furcoats! I hate the short black dress and the two blue jackets.

a lesson in extremes...

on one end, very beautiful pieces... on the other end, some really nasty sh*t...

But I could see myself in all of it :innocent:

^ you'd look great in some of those coats :flower:

I'm with brian, when I saw it in it's entirety it really was different. Much more wearable then the last string of collections.

i like it.
i love the blue coat and belted cream coat.
i can actually see myself wearing this..
and i dont mind the thigh-bearing dresses at all.
yes, it comes up every season, but hate it or love it, its definitely versace staple, and its important for a house to have their own style.. you can spot versace dress from miles away.

this time, she made a great improvement to versace by toning it down a bit, but all the while still keeping that versace attitude.

good job donatella. i hope she keeps it up.

It's improved a lot.. but it hasn't improved so much that I actually like it

I dont mind it. She still does the same thing but this collection bothers me in one aspect. Either the models got breast implants or the cuts are not very appealing in the bustline.

nycgirl84 said:
Hana looks like such a rock star here. This collection was better than usual, but I personally wouldn't wear 85% of it.

well

*surrenders

i like this outfit.

from wwd...excerpt...

Friday, February 25, 2005

Versace

Versace: There’s a two-part tradition around any Donatella Versace show. First is the star-studded front row, filled on Thursday night by Missy Elliott, Elizabeth Hurley, with her fiancé Arun Nayar in tow, and an exotic newcomer to the celeb-guest ranks, Donatella’s colleague, competitor and new best friend, Miuccia Prada. Second is the post-show party, held this time around at the Moroccan restaurant Dar el Yacout. But that was only a warm-up, because Versace was scheduled to leave town today en route to Los Angeles for the biggest dress-up party of all, the Oscars. Packed with care in her luggage: the glamorama of red-carpet gowns that closed her show.
Versace didn’t even pretend that these were designed for the world beyond the Kodak Theatre site of Sunday night’s festivities. Hence the illusion netting on two daringly low-backed numbers — barely there, and yet happily secure for live TV.* And the presence of all that makes for surefire hits among the actress set: curves, glitter and bare skin (or its illusion) with none of that dicey has-she-packed-it-on Josephine shtick that so romanced the last couture.*

I liked some stuff.. she had colors in which I liked.. loved the lime green outfits..

not my fav. collection, but i still do have :heart: for it.

It basically looks like every other Versace collection.

Yeah, I like it. Versace is capable of producing sleek daywear even though their evening gowns tend to be the centerpiece.

I never give my opinion about collections because I really don't know too much about who designs what, but in this case I have to say I love all of it,the clothes,the models and the setting. :heart:

I have always been a fan of versace's sleek daywear style:innocent:

This is very good, the jackets and coats are beautiful and i love the colors.

I've never liked clothes designed by Donatella but this season some things are beautiful.
I love black clothes

The black dress with the cutouts in front is so very Victoria's Secret...:sick:

However, the one with cutouts in back looks destined for a red carpet somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->