• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Versace F/W 2023.24 Los Angeles

It felt like they tried to shake things up with the floral awful gowns (anok could barely walk). I am a sucker for their black dresses but it’s pretty boring at this point. I know exactly which models I will see at a Versace show now and can guess half the clothes

Just the fact that she showed in LA is enough to make me side-eye this collection. What a rubbish city for a fashion show.

The collection is fine. It's just so BASIC.

The worst thing about modern Versace is that's completely unrecognizable. It's supposed to be the ONE fashion house that will serve you flattering shapes, sexy cuts, and that PERFECT combination of tacky yet innovative - no matter what year we're in. This has some beautiful individual pieces, especially the alligator coats, but the glamor is basically ABSENT.

And you know DAMN WELL that whoever succeeds Donatella will turn it into another Balmain/Balenciaga cookie-cutter Instagram brand. It's all very sad.

The only way of knowing this is Versace is because of the Medusa logos. Change the logos...and it could be Fendi, Dior, Givenchy...no personality at all!

The set is the only remarkable thing here. Fashion brands should turn into real state agencies, so rich people could buy luxury sets to live in...

they went to LA to produce THIS?

All in all it looked very unprofessional:
boring designs, many models that struggled to walk properly, and not to mention fiercley.

absolute zero energy.
the lightning of the show was a disaster.
totaly missed opportunity.

Really weird direction she took here, I don't get it. Bringing the show to LA, one would expect the collection to be breezy and exuberant, why is this so heavy and gloomy? I thought for sure she was going to tap into the Y2K craze and give us something fun and sexy. What a missed opportunity...

Felt very Balenciaga at times, especially the menswear. Hated the location too.

You don't get many days like this in LA.. those dark blues and dramatic winds right after sunset and before a major storm.. so pretty :heart:.. and actually flattering for the generic stuff Versace has always put out. Some numbers looked fun and the models looked gorgeous, you can't go wrong with that makeup.. and I seriously need to start looking at videos of Imaan Hamman everyday before leaving my place and just.. get into that mode, what a walk! + body, face, energy.. sometimes I feel like the clothes look worse because most models just walk like s*it.

I don't know if the video did it justice but the evening light and the view from the Pacific Design Center was absolutely gorgeous in person. I thought it was a fantastic showing.

Had potential but its like this collection was procuded on a rush ..A MESS !
As pretty the set is it is criminal !! Models had to cross the country to finally get to the venue .. way too long
Why also did they had so many cheap looking fur and exotic skin looks when you say you do not use it anymore to me it doesn't make sense if it's what you want to push
They S-A-B-O-T-A-G-E-D Anok what was that walk ? They forced her to walk with her hands on her hips à la Precious and gave her the WORST dress she should have worn Julia Nobis dress.
The cast was boring , loved Imaan she looked divine, I was expecting some 00's model (Angela Lindvall ,Kurkova etc ) even a Gisele closing instead of Kendall Jenner but I get it she is the LA girl... All we had is deception

I didnt mind it for aesthetic purposes but I didnt get the connection to LA. Would have loved something more 2000s Versace sexy, extravagant and very Hollywood. The makeup lifted it and I also dont mind the location, the backdrop looks stunning. The way those mini skirts are bulging tho, looked awful even on Anna Hathaway, then the floral print on the dresses looked like those cheap evening dresses you find on Alibaba not even Adit would save them. Its evident how good Naomi and Imaam are as runway models considering that they barely struggled. Anok must have been given ill fitting shoes or something coz her work is always very sleek. If she's looking for a cast for the campaign Irina Shayk, Gigi Hadid Awar Odhiang Liu Wen and those two older male models plus the dark skinned muscular model will rock this.

Last edited:
When I saw that Versace was staging a show in LA, that sounded to me like there were going to do something special. All the celebs, all that massive runway that must have been really long to walk on...and have to say the collection could have easily been shown in Milan or London :D no need for all these bells and whistles. It's a very basic collection, there's nothing playful about it. The tailoring pieces were cool but the whole dress section was rather uninspiring. That Gigi dress was not flattering. The draped dresses in the middle bit of the show- wish Donatella had expanded on that more - something very cool could have come out of it.
To me that could easily be a collection designed by some mid-level fashion house. Let's say Blumarine or No21 (nothing wrong with that!). But Versace + LA...that should have been a blast, close to Cardi B's MET gala thing which I personally enjoyed

Last edited:
Had potential but its like this collection was procuded on a rush ..A MESS !
As pretty the set is it is criminal !! Models had to cross the country to finally get to the venue .. way too long
Why also did they had so many cheap looking fur and exotic skin looks when you say you do not use it anymore to me it doesn't make sense if it's what you want to push
They S-A-B-O-T-A-G-E-D Anok what was that walk ? They forced her to walk with her hands on her hips à la Precious and gave her the WORST dress she should have worn Julia Nobis dress.
The cast was boring , loved Imaan she looked divine, I was expecting some 00's model (Angela Lindvall ,Kurkova etc ) even a Gisele closing instead of Kendall Jenner but I get it she is the LA girl... All we had is deception

Totally agree with the fact that models had to travel cross country but not even that...the entire ocean since most girls have just finished their Paris Fashion Week run.
But let's say most of the had to come to the US anyways since they mostly live in NYC I guess so in their case we are talking about lower carbon impact :D :D but then think of all the press and celebs. Just pointless but hey - LA gen Z buzz right? We all have to pay bills

Totally agree with the fact that models had to travel cross country but not even that...the entire ocean since most girls have just finished their Paris Fashion Week run.
But let's say most of the had to come to the US anyways since they mostly live in NYC I guess so in their case we are talking about lower carbon impact :D :D but then think of all the press and celebs. Just pointless but hey - LA gen Z buzz right? We all have to pay bills
Haha I was joking about the fact that they had to walk a lot to get the the cameras and that was not necessary but also that point your are right ! This collection could have been shown in Milan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciagatti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->