Versace S/S 2005 Milan

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 4 2004, 06:31 AM
Very true, actually... Here's Caroline Otero, a famous 19th century courtesan.

According this book I've been reading, "Extravagance was their best means of self-advertisement." Quite applicable here I think. :innocent: 

otero2.jpg

[snapback]384798[/snapback]​
:woot: i love caroline... :lol:

Oh, god, the whole collection is tacky to the bone. Though I have to admit that a few of the evening dresses aren't that bad.

I didn't expect much better from Versace either..... :innocent:

I can see Elizabeth Hurley in all these classic Versace dresses with the thigh high spilt in the dresses. Just a little boring -_-

But I like the tackiness of the gold and pink retro style bikini..even though i wouldnt wear it myself :P

My favorite collection Ever!!When i first saw it I fell in love with it and Versace, since then it has been my veryy favorite Designer! Adooore it!

13365682_datamatics.jpg
144231553_00010h_122_99lo.jpg

This collection is incredibly of it's time, but I can't deny that it made for one HOT show in all its simplicity. Plus Karmen was really able to sell anything at the time. I'm tempted to buy those pieces because in the show I'm sold.

From a technical point of view, I also really enjoy collections like this. Sure it's incredibly simple so nothing ground breaking, but being able to see the details so clearly really has me appreciating some of these cuts and fabric choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->