• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Veruschka von Lehndorff

Sweets

Reaction score
I'm having issues finding pics so please share-she was simply amazing.

Attachments

• v1.JPG
    v1.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 101
  • v2.JPG
    v2.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 85
I want to see pics of her too!! I love fashion pictures from the sixties and the seventies.
Anyone have that famous photo of Veruschka with the YSL safari jacket?

"BLOW UP" film

Sweets said:
I'm having issues finding pics so please share-she was simply amazing.

that still on the right is from "BLOW UP" my favourite movie ever.
youve got to see the dvd or vhs. it is THE swinging london 1966 fashion film.
its centered around a fashion photog based on david bailey played with much aplomb and insoucience by david hemmings.
verushka is the star model in the film.
the photo-as-sex scene betw hemmings & Verushka is one of the hottest & most famous in film & fashion history.
penelope tree is also in another notorious scene, as a young model/groupie with her friend who are attacked by hemmings in a very playful yet scandalous scene.
along with twiggy, suzy parker & tree, verushka was one of the most famous models ever and along with lauren hutton , ali macgraw & marisa berenson defined what we now call 'supermodeldom' in the mid-late-60s.
and some longtime fashion historians will still say the girls just named are the greatest models ever, more groundbreaking and bolder than the 80s/90s supes that seem to be much more famous than any actual model or photo success deserves.
verushka is also a russian girl, 40 years before the current russian model obsession.
anyway find as many verushka pics as you can from 60s- shes one of the most beautiful models ever & I wld also say that the 60s photographers like bailey, penn, avedon & others are far better than todays photographers , as that vogue 50s-90s special showed about 6 months ago.
to some the 1960s is the most important decade in modern fashion history
& verushka is synonymous with that daring & iconoclastic era.

BLOW UP may become your fave movie, its been mine ever since I saw it & verushkas scene with hemmings may be the sexiest in film history

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. B)

blow up won the golden palm at cannes film festival in 1967.
its considered to be the most important film by michaelangelo antonioni, one of the most important 'art' film directors ever. look him up.
it also features the yardbirds, one of the greatest rock bands ever. including jeff beck & jimmy page in that famous scene.

do you have a question as to what blow up is about? its a very complex film which may confuse 1st time viewers. :woot:

please look it up in any film data base & antonioni too- you are entitled to your opinion but really, I have to think youre missing something as its one of the most well regarded & philosophically deep films ever made. :flower:
definiotely better than titanic or star wars :lol:

lady grey said:
do you have a question as to what blow up is about? its a very complex film which may confuse 1st time viewers. :woot:
Yes, I believe that I generally "got it," thanks. :wink: I also noticed the Yard Birds.
However, a film's level of pretention doesn't make it any more enjoyable to me.

art house cinema

OK still friends! :flower:

YES blow up CAN be accused of pretension- it defines abstract/experimental art cinema-- and therefore won the top prize at cannes in 1967!!!! :woot:

seriously I wld love to answer/explain any questions you have about it- its a challenging film but I LOVE discussing its many meanings & layers! :flower:

:innocent:

unique film

Sweets said:
must rent...

I think you will love a lot about it especially the fashion/photography stuff & the swinging london/60s mod clothes.

but you will also have questions about it cos its purposefully an abstract or indefinable film. it asks many more questions than it answers but thats why its an all-time classic. :wink:
seriously EVERYONE has a different interpretation of its plot & meaning(s)!! :woot:

also the herbie hancock jazz soundtrack is awesome, sampled by deee-lite for 'groove is in the heart'!! B)

** a very FASHION-able movie!! ** :lol:

Veruschka von Lehndorff
- German - born in 1939 - 6'3" - Women NY -

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 210
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 191
Verushka is great:woot: .

Aparently she is in a rock band in LA with Johnson Hartig from Libertine called Model Citizen.

Blow Up is so cool.

more on veruschka & THE swinging london fashion film , BLOW UP

in blow up, when hemmings & veruschka are at the london party, everybody is drunk & high, and he says to her 'I thought you were in paris?' and she drags on a doob and says 'I am.'
when hemmings returns from shooting the bums & prison inmates & he tosses a few rolls of film at his assistant and says to print them. his super cavalier acting is so hot. also his uniform of white jeans, a light blue oxford shirt, a navy velvet jacket & beatle boots. when he buys a huge airplane propellar at a junk shop & throws it in the back of his rolls royce convertible. its sticking out the sides of this ultra-luxe car & he acts like its nothing.
the way the clowns & pierroths joy ride through london so unfettered among uptight business squares. the way hemmings joins the clowns & mines in the imaginary game of tennis at the end of the film, even though you hear a tennis ball plop, its not there, a visual symbol of the films theme of reality vs unreality & perception being untrustworthy.
when hemmings photographs vanessa redgrave in the park with her lover, the way she comes chasing up to him afterwards all out of breath.
when hemmings meets his art dealer at the cafe, the dealer is served an eggs & beans brunch. hemmings inspects it, and instead of ordering a meal in the traditional way, he points at the eggs & points at his mouth with his finger. the primordial, unspoken way he does that is incredibly sexy.
hemmings observes his downstairs artist neighbour paint these abstract paintings that are really messy. hemmings drools over them to the guy & wants to buy some, but you just know he thinks they suck and he is actually laughing at them. the dual level to hemmings performance there is brilliant, he convinces the artist he likes them but you can totally tell he thinks the paintings are crap. once again questioning reality in word & event.
when the 2 teenage groupies show up at his studio & he has his way with them like the lustiest rockstar. their screams & noises as their mod dresses are ripped off.

1 of the groupies is penelope tree and the glimpse of nudity & pubic hair as their cllothes are ripped off [as they laugh, scream cry & blur the line between forced sex & play] was supposedly one of the fisrt times such nudity had been seen in a major movie [decades earlier greta garbo was nude swimming in a swedish movie] and earned blow up an X rating!!
I should also mention that hemmings character is based on david bailey, THE swinging london english photographer.
and one of the teen groupies that hemmings attacks is penelope tree. as I understand it the nudity of this scene was one of the most shocking moments in art cinema up to that point. and of course veruschka was 1 of the biggest models of the 60s, a paradigm of elgance & other-worldly beauty.

the line 'bring down the birds' [title of song deee-lite sampled] is what hemmings says when hes ready to photograph a bevy of wildly adorned 60s models....
also the yardbirds perform 'stroll on' a new version of 'train kept a rolling' and this is the yardies with jeff beck & jimmy page. youve got to see 1966/67 beck & page they might be 2 of the hottest men youve ever seen.
really youve got to see blow up if you havent & we can discuss it. its not just the ultimate swinging 60s film, but since italian antonioni directed it its far deeper with surreal touches & perceptual matters. ive never seen another film where every word means so much & yet every scene can be interpreted different ways depending on how YOU view the meaning of this film.
yes i love blow up its intense. its a very fashionable film.

I think I'd like Blow Up. Wonder why I haven't watched it yet...

lady grey said:
when the 2 teenage groupies show up at his studio & he has his way with them like the lustiest rockstar. their screams & noises as their mod dresses are ripped off.
One of those "groupies" being the young Jane Birkin. B)

HemmingsandVeraushka1.JPG

verushka3.JPG

verushka4.JPG

verushka5.JPG

in blow up

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanillaCrush
Back