Vintage Magazine Discussion Thread

^Thanks, i am in a smallish city in Canada, i already looked on proquest, doesn't look like my library is in the list.

Does anyone has the Vogue Brazil October 2001 Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel? Tried to find it online, but failed. I'd love to see the full ed.

Does anyone has the Vogue Brazil October 2001 Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel? Tried to find it online, but failed. I'd love to see the full ed.
Hi. Not sure if you've already seen this, but I believe it's a reprint from the US Vogue September issue, here.

Not totally magazine related, well, sort of... it looks like WWD/Penske media has been slowly uploading their archival photos to Getty Images. Lots of interesting stuff is starting to show up there!

Can anyone help with Harper's Bazaar magazines from the 80's? I dont live in the US so have no idea how to find them.

Not sure where to ask this, but what was the full name of the photographer credited as DUC? (I've seen their work in Vogue Paris and Elle France in the early 1970s, mostly). It's very hard to google him (or her?).

Does anyone know if people behind Vfiles will ever bring back the old website or to be more precise, stop it from redirecting to vfiles.org? The original thing with all the scans is still there but they have changed the settings so it automatically replaces the url after few seconds. It's so frustrating.

I wonder if scans of old The Face, i-D or Dazed issues would be interesting for people on TFS? I always saw TFS as place full of people more interested in more mainstream and high fashion related publications than UK "alt" style mag circuit of the 90s. I'm planning to scan my collection using non-destructive setup, mostly for my own archive but I wonder if anyone would be interested in seeing these magazines in full rather than certain editorials or fashion campaigns.

I wonder if scans of old The Face, i-D or Dazed issues would be interesting for people on TFS? I always saw TFS as place full of people more interested in more mainstream and high fashion related publications than UK "alt" style mag circuit of the 90s. I'm planning to scan my collection using non-destructive setup, mostly for my own archive but I wonder if anyone would be interested in seeing these magazines in full rather than certain editorials or fashion campaigns.
Please do this. I will be waiting for sure :redheart:

Please do this. I will be waiting for sure :redheart:
Thank you for your interest! I'm currently working on setting up Internet Archive-style scanning setup - which is leagues better for keeping books and magazines intact and gives alright scans after necessary corrections, but it takes some work to get it done.

That would be great!

Does anyone know if people behind Vfiles will ever bring back the old website or to be more precise, stop it from redirecting to vfiles.org? The original thing with all the scans is still there but they have changed the settings so it automatically replaces the url after few seconds. It's so frustrating.

I am dying for the old vfiles! Very frustrating.

^Ditto! And what about Lebook?!? Loved that as a cross-referencing resource :loudlycrying:

Looking for advice... So, I'm at the point where I probably have 100+ vintage issue of Elle France scanned (with so many editorials I've never seen before by Helmut Newton, Guy Bourdin, Antonio Lopez, Peter Knapp, etc). These issues are such little gems!! What is the best way to share everything these days? Part of me just wishes I could share everything on an old-fashioned blog, for maximum organization, but is Instagram the way to go??

Looking for advice... So, I'm at the point where I probably have 100+ vintage issue of Elle France scanned (with so many editorials I've never seen before by Helmut Newton, Guy Bourdin, Antonio Lopez, Peter Knapp, etc). These issues are such little gems!! What is the best way to share everything these days? Part of me just wishes I could share everything on an old-fashioned blog, for maximum organization, but is Instagram the way to go??
IG is a great way to showcase your collection @blueorchid ! There are a lot of users posting vintage collections, but (and I'm not complaining) most of them, we've seen multiple times. You're new images would be incredible!

Please don't choose instagram. It may speak to a wider audience but the quality will be awful. A simple, well organized blog with all your amazing scans will be perfect. Can't wait to see them. So happy there are people like you.

Yes IG needs some new material! Most of the images I've seen ad nauseam. Not only on IG but across all the image sharing platforms where everything is re-posted to death often with ZERO scanner credits but on the internet in general before that and of course on TFS where the vast majority of images are taken from! @blueorchid.

I'd love to follow you on there! The scan quality is as good as the what the uploader posts. I think recently IG updated the grid size of the images themselves causing the older, lower resolution or smaller sized images too look blurry, grainy.

Not sure where to ask this, but what was the full name of the photographer credited as DUC? (I've seen their work in Vogue Paris and Elle France in the early 1970s, mostly). It's very hard to google him (or her?).

His name is actually Duc. He was Vietnamese and was Guy Bourdin’s assistant before going out on his own.
He worked for a while and did some nice work but it wasn’t a very long career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->