What to wear for the holidays

You'll be beautiful. I just have a lot of work to do, i shouldn't have waited until last minute.

thanks highheels....you're very sweet...and i'm sure you will be beautiful...
have you checked anthropologie?...they have some lovely festive things... :flower: :heart:

bcbg also has some beautiful things...including a nice sequin shrug...the best one next to the chloe...imho... :wink:

http://www.bcbg.com/fa04/web/index2.htm

I'm changing my mind, although it doesn't matter anyway. From Luisa Beccaria.

Attachments

• greenholiday.jpg
    greenholiday.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 25
Blugirl fw03 :blush:

either of these :flower:

00048.L.JPG
00084.L.JPG

For Christmas...Dolce and Gabbana f/w 04
00044.L.JPG

For New Years Eve...Gucci f/w 03
00117.L.JPG

For all the days in between... :P
00123.L.JPG

Well hello everyone!

I'm pretty new over here, but that didn't stop me from making this new topic.
[I don't even know if this topic has been here already; exusez-moi if so]

But I was just wondering what to wear with Christmas Time and New Years eve coming up. So please tell me your plans if you have them already!(pics are very welcome too!!)

With all my love :P

I'd love to wear this Marc Jacobs dress for Christmas Eve :wub:

100124564.jpg

Thanks Eloes :flower: i really like the color, very christmas ..

topics merged...please always check before posting a new topic..thanks! :flower:

Originally posted by Mettchen@Dec 5 2004, 11:57 AM
I'd love to wear this Marc Jacobs dress for Christmas Eve :wub:
[snapback]451744[/snapback]​

too cute :flower: one of my favourite pieces from that collection.

for a formal christmas party or ball, I'd wear something like this, delicate and fairylike:

00169.L.JPG

What to wear to a holiday party

Hi,

I am going to my first ever christmas work party on December 16th, I was suppose to go to the one that was held last year but I was ill.

It will be at the Delia Smith Restruant in Norwich (England) which is fairly up market and posh, I really do not want to go through as I dont particularlly get on with some of the people I work with, and most of them are quite rich business types and with the typical snotty cows for wifes. I really will not fit in there as I am the type of girl who would rather stay at home with pizza than go out to a fancy restraunt where I can not even pronounce some of the menu!!

Anyway, from what my collegues have told me, its a fancy occasion and requires careful consideration of what to wear.

I am unsure of what so wear but I have now settled on a dress instead of a top and trousers or skirt.

I really need your help on some nice dresses which are not over the top, not frilly, just nice and suitable for the evening.

I have just over £500 to spend, but that has to include shoes, and bag so I really dont want to spend over £150 for the dress.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

If I were you I would devote the majority of your budget to dress and shoes, you can find great clutches at places like H&M or even a thrift shop that look great. One of my favorite clutches is a vintage velvet envelope clutch from the 40's. Plus I prefer clutches for evening anyway. Can you give a better idea of your style? I love shopping in NAP's sale section....I'll look around for you there and see if there's anything. What type of shoe were you looking for? Do you have anything that would work already?

eta:
Here is an Alessandro Dell-Aqua dress which I think is quite nice. It's hard to tell without knowing your work environment and personal style though.
7003_a.jpg
and it's on sale at £175. I think if you go highstreet than you really need to throw your money into your shoes but another option may be to go vintage and have it tailored to your proportions. The best piece of advice though is to go in something you feel comfortable in. Your confidence will shine through and it really won't matter what you are wearing

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I live mostly in jeans, smart top and heels or knee lengh skirts and boots with smart jackets. I do not tend to wear trainers and I try to look good most of the time.

At work (I am a secretary) I keep it simple so its mainly trouser suits, smart shirts and skirts, court shoes and slingbacks.

I am trying to stear away from black when I am not at work. I do not want anything over the top, but I want to look stylish.

I like the idea of clutch bags, I have seen some nice ones in Monsoon for about £40 so I might invest in one of those. I have hundreds of shoes so I am sure I can find some to go with my dress.

Thanks!

Well then you have a good £400 to go with a dress which I think is a good price range to work with. Just look around www.net-a-porter.com for ideas.

I think this dress is a great deal- Tomas Maier: (£295)

11937_fr.jpg

Good luck!

I agree agree with Meg. vintage clutch bags are gorgeous!

I think you should try to find out if you are supposed to wear a long dress, because if you are wearing a lond one and everyone else is in short cocktaildresses (or the other way round), it is going to make you feel uncomfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->