What To Wear On An Airplane

I only travel for tourism, and I only take cabin luggage; I wear whatever it is I will be wearing on location: jeans/comfortable trousers, comfortable shoes/sneakers/boots (depending on weather), tops also depend on weather.

I've never been on a flight longer than 3h though so that might explain why I've never thought of this before.

for some reason I'm a member of TSA Pre✓, so I don't have to remove my footwear/jacket/belt anymore when going through security.... I've started dressing up (relatively speaking) on flights as a result. In the past I'd just wear track pants and easily removable sneakers which I'd never bother lacing.

Any advice for someone who are travelling long distance for the first time? I have only ever travelled within Europee, but now I am going to New York (8 hour flight).

I am thinking of wearing loose fit boyfriend jeans, a simple tee, a sweatshirt, sneakers, leather jacket and a big scarf (doubles as a blanket) on the plane, but is there anything that would be good to bring, that I might not have though of? Of course I am bringing some entertainment, snacks, moisturizer and lip balm, but aside from that?

My typical flight uniform: Long cashmere sweater, leggings, boots & a cozy scarf. The scarf doubles as a blanket or pillow and then I pack a cozy pair of clean thick camp socks for the actual flight. Works like a charm! In the summer, I just substitute Stan Smiths for the boots and wear a tank or t-shirt underneath for when the sweater gets too hot.

Any advice for someone who are travelling long distance for the first time? I have only ever travelled within Europee, but now I am going to New York (8 hour flight).

I am thinking of wearing loose fit boyfriend jeans, a simple tee, a sweatshirt, sneakers, leather jacket and a big scarf (doubles as a blanket) on the plane, but is there anything that would be good to bring, that I might not have though of? Of course I am bringing some entertainment, snacks, moisturizer and lip balm, but aside from that?

I fly pretty frequently between NYC and Sydney, which is a loooong trip, so hopefully I can help :smile: I usually pack some Neutrogena makeup remover wipes that help me feel more refreshed when I land, especially if I've slept and have pillow face! Bring clean spare socks if you plan to take your shoes off, so your seatmates don't have to smell feet. Sounds like you are well prepared, so have fun! I hope you love NY.

Betinbapple,

I have traveled quite a bit long distance. What I find quite useful is a good eye mask. It really helps me to rest on the plane.

Plus if possible, invest in a quality noise cancelling headphone. You will find this alone makes flying experience a whole lot different!

Haha yeah, as an Aussie I'm like "8 hours?? Express flight!" lol
Good headphones and a power bank for your phone are lifesavers. I also bring a camping pillow, which I find much more comfortable than one of those travel pillows. And 2nd vote on the eyemask, although depending who you fly they may give you one.

I'd say I wear comfortable clothes but still try to look nice and put together. Nice pants/jeans, blouse with a blazer, plus I always bring an extra sweater and scarf in case it gets too cold on the plane. I prefer to wear flat shoes when traveling, but bringing an extra pair of nice heels or sandals for when getting off the plane is always a good idea. Some of my other must haves: headphones, power bank and a good book (two, if it's a long flight).

Lean for more casual.

I would probably rock a pair of driving shoes, chinos or denim, or perhaps a casual button down shirt or tee with a cardigan or hoodie. Probably not anything too right or restricting. Definitely easy to remove layers depending on how weather conditions change.

I know a lot of people like wearing jeans on long flights but I opt for either leggings with a tshirt, sweater, scarf and booties (if winter) or a loose fitting dress and sandals with a big scarf and/or warm sweater to put on during the flight (if summer). I dehydrate and bloat very badly on long flights and jeans are too restrictive/painful for me for any flight over 4 or 5 hours. Absolutely purchase a large water bottle in the airport terminal to bring on the flight with you and make sure you keep yourself as hydrated as possible.

I also like to bring purel, clorox wipes, hand lotion, makeup remover wipes, mouthwash, hairbrush, and touch up makeup in a small bag in my carry on or purse so that I can keep clean and then freshen up at the airport upon arrival.

For me, it really depends on where you're flying to. I dress for when I arrive, rather than when I fly. So if I'm going to a cold place, I go for an all-black (maybe with shades of gray) outfit, with knee-high boots (flat ones so I can still walk with ease).

When I'm flying to a hot country or city, I go for comfort. Denim shorts, a loose sleeveless top with spaghetti straps, a pair of flat, cozy lace sandals. But wherever I go, sunglasses are important. As for makeup, I only use a tinted moisturizer, a tinted lip balm, clear mascara and eyebrow liner (because come on). Oh let me also note that I only wear aviators when travelling because they go well with any outfit.

What is your opinion on compression leggings/tights on long flights???? Am I being silly..?

Have a 20h flight to Asia next week..I´ve tried the kneesocks, but wanted to hear if anyone has any opinions about the leggings.

My airplane uniform is lululemon apres-yoga pants (either black or blue), some kind of comfortable top, preferably not too bulky (for TSA reasons, no pat-down thank you)--a T or sweater. My Mary Jane walking shoes, and my wrap, which is a bright pink cashmere/silk with beaded fringe (the round beads are made of the same thread from which the wrap is woven). Also my watch (vintage rose gold Bulova) and a big leather tote with a magazine or two.

when I went to Mexico City in June, the weather was so bad that they had to abort the landing during the approach (only 15 ft off the ground).... we flew to a smaller airport about 300 miles away where we finally landed then waited on the tarmac for 90 minutes (for the storms to clear in Mexico City).... what was supposed to be a four hour flight became eight....

so where am I going with this? from now on I dress for pure comfort on a plane (in the event that the journey takes far longer than expected).... I've gone back to track pants and tees with sneakers....

I usually travel around Europe where flights are short, so I dress somewhere between chic and comfortable. Usually a pair of jeans or roomy pants, always a T-shirt (topped with a cardigan and a scarf if chilly), a pair of low-top Converse or Chelsea boots, depending on the season, and a backpack. Of course a warm parka or a coat that doesn't wrinkle easily is a must-wear in winter, as well as a pair of sunglasses and eyeglasses to switch.

Loose fitting comfortable clothes like T-shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, jeans, trackpants, etc.

For a long time after the Air France crash over the Atlantic I wore compression tights, barefoot sneakers and a windbreaker whenever I crossed the open ocean. Because I read somewhere that you can actually survive a place crash if you're dressed accordingly. This loomed for about a year or so and now I'm back to slim chinos, knit sneakers and a light jumper or shell jacket in winter, or without the jacket for summer. I could never, ever wear sweat or track pants on a plane, in fact I don't even own any.

^ bless your heart.

I have this masochist tradition in which doing online checking suddenly reminds me of Mayday/Air Disasters episodes I haven't seen. So online checking is usually followed by 3-4 episodes in a row. I have never seen any survivor (I should end it right here).. that was found with nothing but compression tights and a windbreaker lol. Writing 'tell mum I love her' on your belly sounds more practical.. the torso (and the torso only) has some chances.

For me what I'm wearing depends strictly on where I'm landing but generally, people off long flights show it and it's a little gross so you want to rise above that lol..

i try to dress neat but still comfortable, so a crease free shirt, jeans, or long sleeve cashmere sweaters... laced shoes are fine, since you can take them off in the plane anyways. definitely bring a large bag so i can throw all my things inside, facial products, ear phones, wet wipes, books, laptops etc. I also almost never bring a hard case inflight case since i dont get how you can juggle one big one to be checked in and another smaller one in flight on your way to the airport?

I do have a thing for very sloppy people though, like juicy couture types. worse if they carry a pillow with them :o

Lol, Vetements, I often see people carting hard case luggage on the plane and it baffles me as well. Why would you put yourself through all of that?
I like the idea of one bag for all your misc stuff, will nick that tip off you.
I don't know about taking off your shoes though.

^ bless your heart.

I have this masochist tradition in which doing online checking suddenly reminds me of Mayday/Air Disasters episodes I haven't seen. So online checking is usually followed by 3-4 episodes in a row. I have never seen any survivor (I should end it right here).. that was found with nothing but compression tights and a windbreaker lol. Writing 'tell mum I love her' on your belly sounds more practical.. the torso (and the torso only) has some chances.

For me what I'm wearing depends strictly on where I'm landing but generally, people off long flights show it and it's a little gross so you want to rise above that lol..

OMG! No, stop! :shock: Why are you doing this? The mere thought of a limbless torso.....:sick:
A friend of mine alerted me with an update on the Kim Wall saga. Fate has dealt this woman with a shocking hand of cards. The news put me right off my dinner and any future plans to try a charcuterie-making course!

Oh, and the culprit is Danish. :innocent:

Kim Wall murder: Danish inventor Peter Madsen given life sentence

25 April 2018

Danish inventor Peter Madsen has been sentenced to life in prison for the murder of the Swedish journalist Kim Wall on his submarine.

Madsen had planned to kill Ms Wall, 30, either by suffocating her or cutting her throat, the Copenhagen court heard.

Her dismembered remains were found by Danish police at sea on 21 August last year, 11 days after she interviewed him on board his homemade vessel.

Madsen, 47, has said he will appeal against the conviction.

He was found guilty of premeditated murder and sexual assault after previously admitting to dismembering Ms Wall's body on the submarine and throwing her remains overboard.

His claim that Ms Wall's death was accidental was dismissed by the court.

Ms Wall's mutilated torso was spotted by a passing cyclist on 21 August but her head, legs and clothing, placed in weighted-down bags, were not discovered by police divers until 6 October.

Source: BBC.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->