What to wear under transparent / see through clothes

^ I posted a picture in the Secret Shopaholics thread when I was posting my shoes from the same trip ... people are always posting pix of their pretty lingerie ... I thought I'd post a picture of what you have to buy when you're D/DD :P I like what they did with the lace--it's easy to go overboard IMO. The brand is known for being seriously supportive, but they make the best molded/T-shirt bras I've ever seen.

However will I live with knowing that Tim Gunn doesn't approve :lol:

Although this doesn't help anyone, I love translucent white shorts and being able to see the bra through. I also love sheer shirts with nothing on underneath. When I grow up a little more and get through school and have my own place, I'm gonna take advantage of being on my own and dress in sheer fabrics. There's some flowy Sharon Wauchob dreams in my future.

I'm dark skinned, so I wear a brown bra under my white shirts and nothing shows. But I am thinking of doing the very sheer, paper thin shirts white with a black bra underneath, I think it looks sexy. However, I think colored bras underneath look silly...I've seen a girl wear a white sheer shirt, jeans, a pink belt and a pink bra to match. I didn't like the look....

why not black, colored, or patterned bras? breasts shouldn't have to be hidden in the first place. men have nipples and bras are uncomfortable

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Bras are not just a disguise, they're meant to be supportive too :wink: Personally I am often more comfortable with some support than without. There are also situations where I am comfortable showing less vs more (i.e., business, when unavoidably in the company of smarmy men, etc.).

Why stop with bras, why wear clothes at all? :wink:

However, I think colored bras underneath look silly...I've seen a girl wear a white sheer shirt, jeans, a pink belt and a pink bra to match.

In my case, colors like pale pink, coral, peach are close to my skintone, so they have the same, 'invisible' effect as nude colors. In fact, some of those nude colors don't match my skin at all.

Bras do offer support, and are particularly important if you err on the large bra size. They help to prevent and alleviate back aches. Not that I would know.:lol: Still, even though I'm not in that category of women, I find that my posture improves when donning a bra. It may just be in my head. And I kid you not, your breasts will sag much earlier in life if you don't wear a bra. Look at anthropological documentaries where the women traditionally go braless and topless.

i love wearing a black bra underneath a white tee though has long its a decent black bra not a lacey/deep v/triangles/vs/thin/bad underwire bras
and you can still be non-sl*tty...well i hope i don't come off sl*tty

:smile:

^ Bras are not just a disguise, they're meant to be supportive too :wink: Personally I am often more comfortable with some support than without. There are also situations where I am comfortable showing less vs more (i.e., business, when unavoidably in the company of smarmy men, etc.).

Why stop with bras, why wear clothes at all? :wink:

we might as well hide our ankles too. :P let's say breasts are indecent. well, you're wearing a bra, ok. but why do u have to hide the bra as well? wear a pretty one.
i don't see anything wrong with wearing a bra by choice, or because it's more comfortable for you. but our society says every woman should wear a bra, and sees a braless woman as immodest, exhibitionist or something

^ I'm so over society :P There are so many conflicting ideas about what I should & should not be doing as a woman that I find it advantageous to ignore just about all of them. (If you're rebelling, you're not ignoring :wink:)

And G~R could not be more correct about what happens if you don't wear a bra. There are genetic differences in how much natural support you have, but once it's shot, it's shot.

Btw, the title of this thread is currently spelled correctly :wink:

let's say breasts are indecent.
i don't see anything wrong with wearing a bra by choice, or because it's more comfortable for you. but our society says every woman should wear a bra, and sees a braless woman as immodest, exhibitionist or something

I hear you, I do. But not even the most avid bra, uh, supporters :P on this thread think that wearing visible bras or going braless is indecent. I certainly don't. It's really about the context, whether we like it or not. Case in point:

skirmisher.org

Just the fact that I was able to find this picture so easily online - with the requisite "Natalie Portman's t**s" headings :neutral: - shows that people took note of and deemed it innappropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I'm so over society :P There are so many conflicting ideas about what I should & should not be doing as a woman that I find it advantageous to ignore just about all of them. (If you're rebelling, you're not ignoring :wink:)

And G~R could not be more correct about what happens if you don't wear a bra. There are genetic differences in how much natural support you have, but once it's shot, it's shot.

Btw, the title of this thread is currently spelled correctly :wink:

Oh yes. As much as I love the braless, I guess kinda Kate Moss, aesthetic, the universe decided that after I left for college after making me flat as a board through high school that I needed a chest.

I went from an A to waaaaay above an A despite being a small girl, and I used to never wear bras, especially not to sleep. Then again I was also always around my boyfriend. But now, I always wear a bra all day, all night. In fact, the best way to wash your bra is supposedly to wear it in the shower.

But if you want to prevent sagging, you can't just wear any old bra. It has to fit and give you actual support. Otherwise it's just a nipple cover! :lol:

Okay so I may have diverted this into a discussion that might be better called, "Going Braless."

I went from an A to waaaaay above an A despite being a small girl, and I used to never wear bras, especially not to sleep...But now, I always wear a bra all day, all night. In fact, the best way to wash your bra is supposedly to wear it in the shower.

Hmm, I've heard the shower thing before, only for jeans, I wonder if it's true. You wear a bra to sleep? Now that, I find unnecessary. My apologies if that comes off as a loaded comment, it's not my intention. I'm curious though. How come?

^ I generally wear underwire bras when I leave the house, but they are definitely not anything I would want to sleep in :wink: My preference at home (especially if I'm moving around, cleaning the house, taking the trash & recycling bins out, etc.) is a cotton knit sleep bra. For breathwork, nothing is best. I was amazed when I first tried it how constricting my regular clothes & lingerie were--and I'd thought I'd worn something loose and comfortable :unsure:

I hear you, I do. But not even the most avid bra, uh, supporters :P on this thread think that wearing visible bras or going braless is indecent. I certainly don't. It's really about the context, whether we like it or not. Case in point:

skirmisher.org

Just the fact that I was able to find this picture so easily online - with the requisite "Natalie Portman's t**s" headings :neutral: - shows that people took note of and deemed it innappropriate.

For me (and other women I know) it comes down to, do you really want 'the girls' to be a topic of conversation? When I'm shopping for lingerie, I make sure that what I buy does everything possible to prevent what happened here from happening to me. My sister overheard a conversation among men she used to work with about one of her female coworkers, and I think she went shopping for new bras in the next 24 hours.

I didn't feel quite the same way when I was younger, but as I've gotten older I don't want anything to interfere with my being taken seriously in a business setting. And even in a non-business setting, I don't want the dirty old man next door checking out my cleavage :innocent: These days I like to choose my audience ...

Hmm, I've heard the shower thing before, only for jeans, I wonder if it's true. You wear a bra to sleep? Now that, I find unnecessary. My apologies if that comes off as a loaded comment, it's not my intention. I'm curious though. How come?

Oh a few simple reasons. Well first of all, this started in February. A few days before leaving for study abroad I had surgery to remove a mass from my breast. And for that reason I had to wear a bra 24/7. But also, it's really hard for me to find a bra that fits me well. I am about a 32D and at one point a 32DD and so I ended up going for bigger band sizes and smaller cup sizes. And then I learned I wasn't really getting support. I really need to invest in a good push-up bra. It's something I've never head. I used to wear only non-wireless bras and what not. I was also so used to sleeping topless and braless at school because I essentially unofficially lived with my boyfriend, or at least slept over there more often than not.

Since my surgery and since being abroad I've been trying to make up for never wearing a bra or wearing unsupportive ones by doing it all the time. I am afraid of saggyness. I have a lot of fears along those lines. :lol: I'm a weirdo.

^ You should look around for a sleep bra when you get a chance :wink: Love mine.

For anyone who is actually into translucent tees (as opposed to fighting it), white or any color. Express.com is having a sale on sheer pocket tees. They´re $9.99 with another 20% coming off at the register. So what is that, $7.99?

I see lots of talks about bras and such, but what about transparent clothing for men? We wear light clothing and have nipples as well... :innocent:

I don't mean clothing that is meant to be see-through, but that's just a bit too light. I've just bought a wonderful thin henley from Ann D. but the fabric is just a bit too thin and shows thing that should be left to the imagination (*coughnippelescough*). What do you like better, a thin t-shirt? A tank? I don't like things underneath showing, but it's such a great layering piece that I don't want to return it. ^_^

^I would say a tee without sleeves in a nude colour.But I noticed there are (almost) no nude tanks/tees etc for men for underneath a shirt etc. While the ladies have unlimited choice. :wacko: A bit male nipple showing is more accepted than the female nipple. :glare: ^_^

I would not have thought men would care, but I noticed recently during an interview, the guy (interviewing me) was wearing a nylon knit golf shirt that definitely showed the outlines of his, and he kept twitching it away from his chest :wink:

My father wore (white) undershirts, the T, crewneck style rather than 'wifebeaters' ... such an unfortunate term :ninja: What about the traditional item?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->