• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where can I get Heat/Light/Water reactive pigments for textiles??

liv-forever

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking at using heat/light nd water reactive pigments for my textile prints but am having trouble finding suppliers. If anyone knows anywhere either based in the uk or willing to ship here please let me know.
Thanks
^_^

can you give us an example of what these pigments do when they 'react' to heat/light/water ?

i know of a base called puff paint
you mix it yourself with pigment
one of the brands that carry them is Polyfab and after drying, you heat it with an iron or heat gun and it puffs up

this is not a really unusual product i think
i have seen several artist supply shops carry them... another brand is Pebeo/Seatcolor but it doesn't rise as much,,more subtle
asking screen printing artists/graphic designers should do the trick since they deal a lot with different kinds of pigments for different effects

would love to hear more and where you heard about these

You mean like a mood ring effect? Or something along the lines in the actual process of making it?

Would this work? Liquid Light?

http://www.rockaloid.com/products.html

If you can use a darkroom, this stuff is amazing. You can print on anything, as big as you want. There's also a few more things on that page, some not requiring a darkroom at all. A better idea of the end result would get a better answer as far as what you're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks cool, fbm :o
it has the effect of a rayograph no?
like this
-feathers and some misc items

updatecenter.britannica.com|

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asparouk