Work Space : Fashion Professionals at the Office

upload_2019-4-10_9-45-19.jpeg

(srcs: Google images via facebook/pinterest/bbc/berabbity/adodatku blogspot)

(src: google images via vogueitalia +lovehappensmag)

Oh, c'mon. Not even ONE picture of Lindsay designing "on the floor" when she was at Ungaro? Lol.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

....or her manager cubicle at that dodgy Mykonos club? NO! Request denied!

Oh, c'mon. Not even ONE picture of Lindsay designing "on the floor" when she was at Ungaro? Lol.
hahaha Totally forgot she designed for them !
Fashion was fun

hahaha Totally forgot she designed for them !
Fashion was fun
Oddly enough, she didn't even KNOW she was designing for them.

That dodgy Mykonos club? The one that was trending w/ the gay glitterati of Instagram a few mos. back? Yeah, how'd that work out, I wonder?

Oddly enough, she didn't even KNOW she was designing for them.

That dodgy Mykonos club? The one that was trending w/ the gay glitterati of Instagram a few mos. back? Yeah, how'd that work out, I wonder?
Really ? She didn't know ? Haha I need to find articles about this

@Benn98 You have the best ideas!!!
Fabulous thread.

Alessandro's studio is so cold and intimidating...
I might like his clothes better than Frida but god, she has a better taste!

DVF is not really a "designer"...That's why she can totally live in such a busy space! It's just too much!
I'm a minimalist type. I like my office to be warm, clear and simple.

I'm a bit jealous of Americans as they have those big and clear spaces and the light is quite amazing. In France, it's a bit of a luxury to have the total package...

Nicolas Ghesquiere at Vuitton has an amazing view.

@Benn98 You have the best ideas!!!
Fabulous thread.

Alessandro's studio is so cold and intimidating...
I might like his clothes better than Frida but god, she has a better taste!

DVF is not really a "designer"...That's why she can totally live in such a busy space! It's just too much!
I'm a minimalist type. I like my office to be warm, clear and simple.

I'm a bit jealous of Americans as they have those big and clear spaces and the light is quite amazing. In France, it's a bit of a luxury to have the total package...

Nicolas Ghesquiere at Vuitton has an amazing view.

Aww, thanks Lola! :cool: It's the kind of content I'd put in my imaginary fashion magazine, :lol:

So you're more into the Carine type of decor? :lol:

Agreed about American offices, and to a lesser extent, British ones too. And your point is especially proven correct when one would look at Farneti's office. It's actually rather modest in size despite it being a corner office. I think there's a psychological statement behind that too. The sprawling and brashy offices of American CEOs, I mean. It says 'I've arrived', it underscores power and influence without even having to utter the words. Even Amy Astley's office is bigger than most, and she was only the EIC of a teen magazine.

And btw, Paul Smith is definitely British. I don't think I've ever encountered another nation so prone to hoarding. But all that bric-à-brac makes the space look less artistic and more like a second-hand shop trying to look upmarket.

Also, I've heard there's a link between hoarding and narcissism.........:innocent:

Aww, thanks Lola! :cool: It's the kind of content I'd put in my imaginary fashion magazine, :lol:

So you're more into the Carine type of decor? :lol:

Agreed about American offices, and to a lesser extent, British ones too. And your point is especially proven correct when one would look at Farneti's office. It's actually rather modest in size despite it being a corner office. I think there's a psychological statement behind that too. The sprawling and brashy offices of American CEOs, I mean. It says 'I've arrived', it underscores power and influence without even having to utter the words. Even Amy Astley's office is bigger than most, and she was only the EIC of a teen magazine.

And btw, Paul Smith is definitely British. I don't think I've ever encountered another nation so prone to hoarding. But all that bric-à-brac makes the space look less artistic and more like a second-hand shop trying to look upmarket.

Also, I've heard there's a link between hoarding and narcissism.........:innocent:

I would love to read that Magazine!
AD should do a 100% designer issue or fashion industry issue.

I’m a Carine/Edward/Nina and maybe MAS type of decor but warmer. I like warm colors and I have a modest size office and it’s a bit the same at my home office (with more magazines and books).
I have a very practical approach, my office have to be easy to clean for the cleaning lady and more than that, if I have to clean it myself, it shouldn’t feel like a punishment :lol:

I can only imagine how the cleaning service must feel when they comes to DVF’s or Paul Smith office!

Carine’s office was almost empty...I mean, it’s not like she spend that much time there to begin...

I totally agree about the « I’ve arrived » thing but it’s universal I think. It’s the same in Africa. I don’t necessarly see anything wrong with it but yes, the example of Amy makes you think twice. It’s a question of ego too.
You’re right about narcissism and hoarding! 100%

"probably eats there" haha.. this thread's hilarious. It's not disgusting if you're alone in an actual office (not shared space), I shall not be shamed. I do not take an hour to go out for lunch.. let alone 2 or 3 as in other parts of the world where people even go home to nap in between work, now that's shameful and don't tell me I'm exploited- I am, but I also don't work with a pillow stamped on my hair. What's shameful is WHAT are you eating: I have admittedly pushed things a bit far at times and been that person with.... sighs... :ninja:... seafood. I know it's bad to just read this and this is a good outlet to issue an apology to the world, I just.. when I'm craving takoyaki, I'm craving takoyaki.

Personally, I prefer the smell of actual food as opposed to that hideous thing with pork ham on Carine's desk.

I may be alone also in this one too, maybe because I work in a slightly similar space (except my building is art deco) but I loooove Alessandro Michele's office :heart:... it's my favorite, there's nothing cold about it and it will pass the test of time with far more dignity than other spaces.. like all of these Conde Nast ones.. they're horrible. I lose motivation easily and get stressed out over nothing, I can't imagine being like that in those spaces, no air, s*itty lighting, bad weather outside so you don't even know which reality is better.. and surrounded with fashion pictures. That 032c for example... kill me now.. or maybe I'd be super productive just to gtfo fast.

^^^ Carine’s carefully curated sandwich looks like a tongue sandwich. I often see these tongue sandwiches when I hang out at my friend’s restaurant— with her being bombarded with calls from a rather loyal patron who calls for fresh bull’s balls to go with her lamb tongue sandwich. It’s a great experience when I wish to loose my appetite for the rest of the day.

People that insist not only on bringing their dogs to their workplace— but being photographed with them… My eyes couldn’t roll any further back to the back of my head. I love my squirrels (wild grey squirrels that hustle me for walnuts when they see me in my yard), but I wouldn’t bring them to my place of work, even if I were in charge. Don’t blame me if I accidentally step on your critter's tail in a busy workplace.

All these shots are so contrived anyways, that except for the actual space and furnishing, the stylishly scattered references of books and scraps are so obviously curated for the targetted shabby chic mood. But yes Mullet, Alessandro’s office is so warm, so airy and so inviting, it’s full of life— too bad his designs are anything but that. And Fabien… a man after my own workspace, down to the B&W conté/charcoal framed drawings next to all the B&W landscapes leaning on the wall rather than on the wall. Just when I couldn’t find this man more attractive.

Fantastic thread Benn.

^^^ Carine’s carefully curated sandwich looks like a tongue sandwich.
hahah.. it's just medieval that way. You have to meet this tFSer I hang out with sometimes, she goes through phases of like brains, veins. There are things I would never confess to my gluten-free friends such as my love for intestine and insects, she's like so not judging you and adorable that before you know it, you're trying natto with raw eggs with her.

I prefer 10 dogs over an uninvited toddler, nothing I dread more than "hihi, not the stapler, baby! nope!" "oops, can't go in that shelf hehe!".

Wish we could see more of Fabien's office. That GQ guy's tapestry puzzles me. You want to decorate with the idea that one day you'll quit/get fired and have to pack up. Taking down a tapestry feels sadder for some reason. Also.. corporate Woodstock? hmmmm

LOL

You’re such a closet-foodie. I can’t even swallow tendons (my poor gag reflexes would never forgive me), I can’t imagine swallowing— veins… But then again, some men look at me with horror when I slurp and chew on my octopus like King Kong did in Skull Island.

I thought you meant that Emanuele person when you said that GQ guy. That VI office resembles IKEA showroom circa1982. …I looked and looked for said “tapestry”— then realized it’s just a stupid tiedye that college stoners like the ones portrayed by Seth Rogan/James Franco would use as a curtain. Yes, GQ guy is really so forced nerdy/hippie/freespirit crap. Because apparently, Amercian GQ— like the new era fashion system, is now carefree, gentler and kinder… Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Those drawings on Fabien’s table are likely his own. He had these light-on-the-horizon photographs he had shot placed behind his workdesk back in the late-90s. Some people baulk at the idea of showcasing your own work in your own home/studio/office, but I don’t find anything wrong with that. It’s when people insist on framing and hanging a magazine cover of their work, I draw the line on tacky. It’s like those awful framed signed hockey jerseys that the commoners indulge in. (Like the time I had a meeting with the Canada Goose people, and they had a framed jersey on the floor of their office like it’s some haute couture piece at the MET. I had no desire to work for them from that reveal henceforth.)

(LOL @your disdain for the rugrats. I adore seeing them fearlessly, aimlessly and dangerously, drunkenly stumbling about in an office setting, while people smile nervously— likely with disdain, desperately avoiding be crashed into, or slobbered on by them.)

Self Service magazine:

161_01_officeforpetronioassociatesworkinprogressselfservicemagazine_1.jpg
161_02_officeforpetronioassociatesworkinprogressselfservicemagazine_1.jpg
161_03_officeforpetronioassociatesworkinprogressselfservicemagazine_1.jpg
161_04_officeforpetronioassociatesworkinprogressselfservicemagazine_1.jpg

Gonzalez Haase

Olivier Rousteing:

3670bcdd52945ca70a5d0a371c8c9050.jpg
2786c4351a7ed3540f542dd0e249a54a.jpg
27581738_181089562666326_4484930662960201728_n.jpg
29tmag-olivier-slide-JU9T-superJumbo.jpg
Nike1-20160531014910731.jpg

Pinterest/Buro 247/CampaignLive

Zac Posen

zac_posen.jpeg

Giambattista Valli
22VALLI_SPAN-jumbo.jpg
GBV4.jpg

Haider Ackermann
The%2520Nomadic%2520Mind%2520Of%2520Haider%2520Ackermann-GQStyle-Fall-2018-01.jpg
The%2520Nomadic%2520Mind%2520Of%2520Haider%2520Ackermann-GQStyle-Fall-2018-06.jpg
The%2520Nomadic%2520Mind%2520Of%2520Haider%2520Ackermann-GQStyle-Fall-2018-07.jpg
Haider-Ackermann-GQ-Style-Fall-2018_03.jpg
Haider-Ackermann-GQ-Style-Fall-2018_09.jpg

NY Times/Pippa Vosper/GQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->