Working for Modeling Agencies ... Becoming an Agent, Booker, Scout, Manager

happycamper

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering how a model scout gets started in his/her career? It seems like an interesting job. I was just curious.

Thanks

Excellent question! Ive wondered this myself on numerous occasions.

I'd love to see some responses.

Woah - I've been googling this question for months - does anyone have information about scouting? Modeling Agents? Working for agencies in general?

You have to have worked in the industry for a while. Start off with an internship somewhere, like booking at a model agency. :flower:

LeEtoile said:
You have to have worked in the industry for a while. Start off with an internship somewhere, like booking at a model agency. :flower:
:lol: Okay then, how do you get started as a booker? :angel:

I've wondered as well... so many times I've seen such beautiful potential people... but I just don't have the authority to take them aside and say,"hey, you should be a model."

purplelucrezia said:
:lol: Okay then, how do you get started as a booker? :angel:

Major models are always looking for interns, they are worth a contacting. You contact them and send in resume/letter of interest. Sometimes there is opening, sometimes not.So call back monthly or so.you also should live in city. It's a bit tough, but if your persistent and you have a good basic knowledge of biz, after a while something should turn up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, LeEtoile... I honestly have no practical knowledge in the field, and it's not even what my degree's at all preparing me for... Although- it's always intrigued me slightly. I mean, I'm not becoming a model, but if I can rhyme off the names of most of the models randomly, and have proved myself to have a half-decent eye... Just something for me think about, I suppose. Thank you again.

Model agency bookers and scouts

I don't know if I chose the right forum for placing this thread:blush: If I've mistaken replase it please. One agency suggested me to work as their scout or model agent (is it the same?) First I thought that it'll be easy but then I understand that I know nothing about how to do it:shock: I can't say a girl in the street that she needs trying!!!! I don't know how to do it correctly and politely. May be hear are somebody who already done such work?

That sounds so cool but I really don't know how to help you :blush:

It is never impolite to to tell someone they are beautiful and should consider modeling. How did you get involved with the agency that would like you to be a scout?

i guess you should stop girls when you think they really have the looks,
show them your card, explain what you do, and ask them to contact you at a later point.
if they seem interested you could ask to take their picture and their contact..

it shouldnt be too hard to do, but you sure need some business cards and maybe a camera (or a mobile with camera)

good luck scouting :flower:

I scout for various agencies in my free time.
Let me tell you, its VERY difficult!
even the top scouts may only find one girl per week and even then, maybe none of those will go on to do anything.

if you are going to scout
firstly: make a contact with an agency (one or more if you want) so that if you find somebody, at least you have a legitimate reason for doing so, as well as somewhere to actually take the person

secondly: always carry a polaroid camera / digital camera to take some photos, as well as means of writing down some details of the person ( name, number, where theyre from)

thirdly: have something to give to them such as the same details you have taken from them (your name, your number, where you are from) so that they dont think you are just a random person wanting their number

if the girl/boy is under the age of about 17 then say that you think they have potentiol but you must speak to their parents also, its very important, as agencies can find themselves in a lot of bother from peoples parents if they find out their child has been approached and taken somewhere without them knowing

apart from that, just keep a good eye out, dont take it too seriously, sometimes you find someone, sometimes you dont
c'est la vie!

to Mithyque: I wanted to become model myself and sent my photos to Moscow agency IQ models (I've seen names of it's models in Russian Cosmo and L'Officiel), right next morning they answered that they really wanted to work with me if only not my age 23 - it's toooo much for the beginner! They mostly work with American and Europe agencies and I need at least already have editorials or some AD campaign :smile:lol: which I surely don't have) to work at this age. Instead after some more letters they suggested me to be their model agent 'cause I must know girls (I was very long in the local agency) and what appearance they need to be and so on. I said: surely I want, if not modeling my self then it'd be great to open a new star by myself:woot: But! Very quickly I came to the point: it's not that easy:o
to Acid: Thank you very much for the advices!
Sometimes I see a girl who is definitely MUST be a model (I mean by her appearance, 'cause I don't know her mind:lol: ) but then I feel fear and can't even say a word:angry:
I have cell phone with a camera and digital camera, but I need to have cards, I don't know what kind of cards they must be. What info I should place? My name, cell phone?
Something like this?
Leonova Ekaterina
IQ models
cell phone number
Thanks everybody for your advices, I appreciate them greatly!!!!

^ yes exactly thats fine
if you are working for IQ, maybe you could get them to make some scouting cards for you

^^ fantastic delerith!! I always wondered how people got into scouting. Do you need to have modelling experience yourself? I've seen a few girls and thought wow.. they need to model big style but of course am not a scout and would feel like a right plonker if i said that to them!!

I think you needn't modeling experience yourself but it helps to understand :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->