• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your First Designer Purchase

a pair of burberry sunglasses with my annual insurance cover in 2003 (I should probably have claimed a pair of proper glasses... but no matter)

A Gaultier jacket I had been eyeing for weeks...saved up my wages from my weekend job and finally bought it! Think this was in '89/90 :blush:

my first designer buy was an Anna Sui t-shirt about 4 years ago I think - i cant remember really!

First designer thing I owned was gucci shades and a valentino scarf, my moms hand me downs when I was around 10 maybe.

First designer purchase was Chanel Sunglasses and a Comme Des Gargons shirt on the same day. The shirt was a present for my boyfriend. This was when I was around 14.

My first designer pieces are hand-me-downs from mum, a chanel silk scarf and a gucci bag.

My first purchase (when I can afford it comfortably) would be a chanel 2.55 bag....

Starting when I was 18, I saved my lifeguarding money up each summer to buy one thing. First year was Earl Jeans (at the time they were still over $100, but now they're pretty cheap).

My first "designer" purchase was a black Kate Spade bag at 15 and then a red Coach leather bag at 16 or so.

A Louis Vuitton belt, Gucci & Salvatore ferragamo sunglasses.
Chanel sunglasses on my want list.

black velvet betsey johnson dress pants...i think i was in 7th grade at the time. i probably still have them somewhere.

my first was a coach suede blue bag that just sits in my closet right now, then another colored suede blue, and then i moved on to greater things like louis vuitton etc.

My first designer item was Jean Paul Gaultier brown gladiator sandals for $35 Canadians at a clearance sale...my first clothing item was this pair of Helmut Lang jeans. I still wear them from time to time :wink:
00037.L.JPG

firstview.com

What was your first designer purchase?

I'd like to remember this day for the rest of my life :lol:

I went to the mall, stepped into Sunglasses Hut (that sells designer frames), and purchased Versace 2048 sunglasses in black/gray.

versacezx4.jpg

framesdirect

It cost me a good $220, but I needed a decent pair of shades for a long time.

So tell me: what did you buy? Where did you buy (city, town)? Were people jealous? Did it stick you in a financial rut at all? How old were you?

Delete/move thread if necessary :flower:

There is a thread last updated a year ago with the same idea (Your First Designer Purchase). Maybe a moderator could merge the two?

I first bought a designer item in September 2006 while at the Macy's Fall Fashion Show. I remember searching around the extensive shoe section, trying on platform after platform, looking for the "perfect" pair. Surprisingly, I bypassed all the heels and instead bought a pair of black Coach sneakers for $90, the most I think I've ever spent on shoes.

I'm so glad I purchased them, however, as I have worn them well over 300 times since. If you think about it, that's only about $.30/wear.

ahahahaha hm...

i believe it was a pair of dior trotter sunglasses (white frames with double blue stripe and blue lenses) bought at the madrid dior boutique back in 1999 at age 9.

of course, i would never wear them now, and have no idea where they are...:ninja:

i saved my money to buy a coach purse. it's in a nuetral color that can be worn with almost everything, every season. i figured i would get my moneys worth if i did that, which i did.

it must have been a Fendi hat my mum bought for me in the sales...

but my very first designer purchase was a marc jacobs top bought about 3 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prodigal96
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->