• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Zac Posen to help revive Charles James

poison84

Reaction score
Weinstein Enlists Zac Posen

ZAC POSEN, man of many talents, has reportedly been asked by Harvey Weinstein to help revive the iconic Charles James label that he bought last year.

Picture credit: Cecil Beaton
Posen will join Weinstein's designer wife Georgina Chapman, as a consultant on the project, reports Page Six, as will Chapman's fellow Marchesa co-founder Keren Craig and Marchesa CEO Edward Chapman.

"Charles James was one of the most incredible couturiers in the history of fashion and this label deserves to be a household name in the same ranks as Chanel, Dior and Oscar de la Renta," said Weinstein when news broke of his acquisition. "There isn't a single designer in high fashion who wouldn't name him as a major influence. We are beyond thrilled to be spearheading the revival of this brand and bringing it back to the world's finest retailers."

Posen is an obvious choice, given his penchant for dreamy Cinderella-style gowns. Coupled with the Marchesa group's exquisite red-carpet aesthetic, the future surely looks bright for the movie mogul's new venture.
vogue.co.uk

I think that Zac Posen would be perfect for this, but I'm sick of this trying to revive closed houses that almost never seems to work. I don't want the same to happen here that's happening to schiapperalli, though I think this house would be easier to bring back...maybe

This makes a lot of sense and I think he will actually be very good here.

No. So many people could do a better job.

jesus he can't even help himself in his own revival.. :lol:

Isn't he basically a Charles James tribute act now anyway? Stay in your lane.

and then add the tracing paper of all labels, Marchesa...can the stakes get any lower?

...and what's with Harvey Weinstein's sudden foray into the fashion world? Perhaps he should try putting more focus on making his wife's fashion label stable and relevant. I'd really love to hear his knowledge of fashion and the legacy of the house of Charles James. ^_^

^ I'm sure he has the Cliff's notes ...

An obvious choice ... :rolleyes: I was thinking maybe someone with talent ...

...and what's with Harvey Weinstein's sudden foray into the fashion world? Perhaps he should try putting more focus on making his wife's fashion label stable and relevant. I'd really love to hear his knowledge of fashion and the legacy of the house of Charles James. ^_^

Honestly I'm surprised he didn't choose his own wife for this project

If Heidi is going to wear it, it's Project Runway all over again. :smile:

Did Weinstein learn anything from Halston?

Georgina Chapman as a creative director and Zac Posen is consulting. I hope they can actually sell the clothes after the revival. I’m sure the stars and their stylists have another option for red-carpet.

It's not about the aesthetics or love of the label, it's for money and having Chapman become a part of it just saddens me. Yes Posen and Georgina Chapmam are competent designers who can give you that drama that was Charles James. Will it be collections that in tandem have campaigns like the perfect matching of Cecil Beaton to create iconic images of iconic collections? Also the IRL look, fabrics, feel, cut, down to the clasps. If so great but I don't have high hopes. Especially that Harvey Weinstein is involved as well. It's more of the watering down of fashion that's been happening since the early 2000's. The capitalizing on the ever growing fad of a comeback designer/label, but not from the heart. The wallet.

/rant..

This is not going to live up to the hype! They need someone visionary like Issey Miyake to even begin to pull this off right

I cannot see this succeeding, what with the current direction of fashion at the moment. If you're gonna to revive a brand, why not hire some deisgners who can actually translate the ball-gown, ultra-couture aesthetic to modern times, instead of two of most dated, passé designers in fashion right now? This move just puzzles me on every level.

Hmm.. I know for sure Charles James will be a mega hit among celebrities and the fabulously rich under Weinstein, Georgina and Karen, and Zac Posen.... however I can see Olivier Theyskens, Alessandra Fachinetti, Carlos Miele, Aquilano and Rimondi, Georges Chakra, Carolina Herrera, or Zang Toi doing an amazing job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
discrepancyofficial
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->