Alexander McQueen F/W 2024.25 Paris

Diluted Alexander McQueen for Gen Z's. I feel nothing, I just wanna die. God help us all. The only funny thing was to see 90% of the cast with this "am a bad boi/gurl attitude" lol. The final looks? a spit on McQueens grave.

naomi-campbell-laugh.gif

sail away b*tch

I did think McGirr was going in the right direction with the first look but completely lost me afterwards. I had high-hopes but genuinely just felt like I've sat and watched some show from a student who has just graduated... and not from a brand as established and highly-regarded as Alexander McQueen.

Can't describe what I'm seeing in any word other than 'schizophrenic'.

Yes, exactly ! Every single silhouette was somehow from a different planet. This show was so bizarre and incoherent and the famous McQueen's tailoring was completely lost. Oh my God, that was uncomfortable to watch on livestream, let alone witness it. I don't think this poor boy will survive for long.

well...I like the shoes...but everything was like department store sections

It definitely looks more MCQ than Alexander McQueen…

For some reason, I’m kinda numb to it.

I must say that I appreciate that he went back to the early days of McQueen and the early Gucci days too, when the brand was maybe less formal. I think it’s the right attitude or spirit to have.

There were a lot of McQueen references, probably too much and the show was a bit of a mess overall.

The knitwear and the bags were great.

That being said, THE TAILORING! My god what a disaster! A McQueen show without sharp tailoring is problematic!
The fabrics were weird. A lot of this was off…

The casting was also terrible.

The dresses were weird too but the worst was probably the last few looks. Once again, the reference is very McQueen but in those colors and with those boots, the feeling was more TikTok.

I find it funny that what he got from McQueen was models walking with an angry face and determined attitude but forgot that McQueen is also about a confident woman/man…Not teenagers playing dolls.

It has the commercial potential but between Ancora, Balenciaga and McQueen, I almost feel bad for François Pinault.
All my eyes are now for Givenchy. I’m definitely waiting for the move Arnault is going to pull there. Having Sarah Burton would be great!

Ok? I lost faith already seeing the first look. Those green blankets on the audience are distracting. The location is horrible. The soundtrack doesn't make sense. It's a terrible debut for him
What was going on ? I thought it would be a special show rain thunder and we got nothing

I went into it feeling so nervous for him bc I thought if he does try, whatever he does he's gonna be so heavily scrutinized... and ... yah. He did it to himself. Like a schizophrenic 12 year old tiktoker got hired for the job and was told to filter the social media psychosis through the merchandiser edgelord's version of a quiet luxury lens. That was CRAZY.

I thought the jacket looks with the furry chest looks were cute and don’t mind the huge knits.
But the last looks were questionable for me.

Anyways, good luck Kering.

You guys..what was he thinking..is this not the Ann Demeulemeester show under the new guy? McQueen women are KILLERS, not prey like the people in this presentation.

I just turned 25 years old, I get the inexperienced and pressure part, but honestly, you either have a vision or you don't. And all of my peers and I have watched enough archive runway shows and high quality runway shots of past great shows that I don't understand how younger creative directors can't grasp on, at the least, how to get casting and presentation right for the brand they are working for. You'd think it'd be the opposite. And he had Kering budget.

I actually like some of the early looks, the ones that had a slight Givenchy by Riccardo vibe if I'm being kind, but it is just not McQueen. And then it just got so bad towards the end with the Balenciaga boots and weird cast dresses. And the color palette? Oof...I really wanted to him to succeed but ugh.

Last edited:
Well that was incredibly dissapointing. He barely even scratched the surface of McQueen, the brand and the designer. You could see some slight references in some looks here and there, but they were so diluted, contrived and lacking any sense of attitude. Didn't really seem like he was assured of what he was doing, what he wanted to say, so the collection was all over the place, throwing a bunch of things to the wall and hoping something would stick. Terrible styling as well (by Marie Chaix, surprisingly).

All I can hope is that he finds his footing soon. This brand deserves more.

Everyone's being too kind by associating this with McQueen and high fashion.

It’s hilariously outdated consumer-end Bratz/LOL Surprise/Rainbow High dolls clothing worn by nervous 14yos desperately attempting to look menacing. Poor children-- the poor child awkwardly swinging the Bedazzler bag as she walks cuz it's too big for her... LMFAO

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brky1907
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->