Alexander McQueen F/W 2024.25 Paris

Question ❓ did they let all of Sarah staff go along with her! If not then there must be some really shocked people at the McQueen studios. Because I can't think of somebody going along with this.

The worst collection of the season. Not coherent, not exciting, poorly executed and absolutely disgraceful in terms of quality of tailoring. He has an insanely strong team (because apparently they didn't get rid of everyone from the studio) and came up with this... thing?

This show definitely didn't deserve any ovation, let alone the standing one. And it's not even promising, I feel like it can only get worse with time. I'm still shocked how awful this show was.

The worst collection of the season. Not coherent, not exciting, poorly executed and absolutely disgraceful in terms of quality of tailoring. He has an insanely strong team (because apparently they didn't get rid of everyone from the studio) and came up with this... thing?

This show definitely didn't deserve any ovation, let alone the standing one. And it's not even promising, I feel like it can only get worse with time. I'm still shocked how awful this show was.
AAAAAAND he works for KERING. AKA the ginormous, multi billion conglomerate, where the likes of Blazy, De Sarno and Demna are, whether we like them or not, delivering from day 1 in one way of another... Kering HR are u ok bb?

ohhh? BV is slowing down? i didnt know!
It’s not a bad thing TBH. I don’t think BV should have those rocket-type growth.

I actually think that BV (and YSL in a lesser degree) is the only house that has a long term vision with their creative director.

When you look at the financial report, it’s good. Maybe it’s a bit slow but they are not pouring products in the market like Gucci and YSL.

It’s not a bad thing TBH. I don’t think BV should have those rocket-type growth.

I actually think that BV (and YSL in a lesser degree) is the only house that has a long term vision with their creative director.

When you look at the financial report, it’s good. Maybe it’s a bit slow but they are not pouring products in the market like Gucci and YSL.
Ya. I totally agree with you as I also believe that BV have a good vision, but on the contrary time Gucci have fantastic merchandisers ( during Sabato's tenure i mean).
Actually quite worried about where MCQ will go after this. Will it get progressively worse from here? Highly likely.

Hope you turned it off before those plastic dress came out lol
In theory inspo work Allen Jones - McQueen bought his art and worked with Whitaker&Malem, but the young designer does not have the knowledge to do such things, looks very cheap.

Terrible collection. Of course textiles scream: dead stock hehehe

“I started by looking at the Birds collection,” McGirr told me a little over a week earlier in his London studio, referring to the spring 1995 Lee Alexander McQueen show that resonates most for him. “What I like about it is that it’s all very simple, but it’s slightly twisted. It’s a jacket with a more stacked shoulder, or the lapel goes up a little too high. It’s the idea of making beautiful tailoring and then running a tyre over it to make something new. Taking something and twisting it and crushing it and seeing what happens.”
VOGUE BUSINESS

I also didn't understand this sentiment coming from him? I think his appointment sparked a discussion about the lack of diversity more than anything, no?

And his response to the consternation his arrival stirred up seems aligned with his collaborative, getting-his-hands-dirty approach. “Obviously,” he says, “it’s very complex. But to be honest, I’m really happy and really proud that my announcement sparked this discussion about diversity. I’ve worked around the world, and I’ve always noticed that diversity breeds creativity. I think it’s really important to keep that conversation going.”
VOGUE BUSINESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->