Brazilian Music (Bossa Nova, Samba, etc)

Thank you, Pedro!. I thought of getting the MTV unplugged album but went for the greatest hits one :doh::lol:.. I'll still get it anyway, I'm listening to Como eu quero on youtube right now and it sounds quite decent, I can't believe how radically different the singer looks compared to the 80s videos. :o

I love Marisa Monte and Kid Abelha (Como eu quero and Amanhã é 23 are one of their musics that I love most:(wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Marisa's most famous song, Amor I love You :crush:

Btw, I like Ira too (some songs), not considering the fact they did their own (Portuguese) version of Train in Vain :lol:

Oh, there's Marina Lima too!
I love "Fugaz"!

Guys do you like Copacabana Club?? They sound so much fun!

Thank you, Pedro!. I thought of getting the MTV unplugged album but went for the greatest hits one :doh::lol:.. I'll still get it anyway, I'm listening to Como eu quero on youtube right now and it sounds quite decent, I can't believe how radically different the singer looks compared to the 80s videos. :o
I love Como eu quero :wub: :heart: I know, Paula (the singer) looks even better now than in the 80s in my opinion.

Oh and don't forger, it's obrigada since you're a lady :wink::heart:

My favorites are Os Mutantes, Novos Baianos and Legião Urbana (you gotta understand the lyrics so you'll fall in love with their songs).

Indeed, I'm not very keen on Renato Russo's voice, but his lyrics were beyond beautiful :heart:

Can't believe nobody's mentioned these artists:
Adriana Calcanhotto
Caetano Veloso
Chico Buarque
Chico Science & Nação Zumbi
Gilberto Gil
Jorge Ben
Lenine
Milton Nascimento
Paralamas do Sucesso
Seu Jorge
Tim Maia
Zeca Baleiro

And here's a list made by Rolling Stones with the 10 best Brazilian songs of all the time:
http://www.rollingstone.com.br/edicoes/37/textos/100-maiores-musicas-brasileiras

I hope it helps :smile:

I love Adriana Calcanhoto! My mother's got her CD and she used to listen to it during the whole day... It used to be very good.

^I have never heard it... Is it music for children?
By the way, I also like Lenine, he is very talented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->