Tyrone Lebon - Photographer
Vanessa Redgrave - Actor
Shygirl - Entertainer
Skepta - Entertainer
Lennon Gallagher - Model
Liberty Ross - Model
Tunji Obembe - Model

burberry.com

It does look more Burberry than the previous designer but the placement of the new logo is crazy. I guess it will look better in print. Great to see Liberty Ross too

It definitely looks more British and will connect with the 'fashion lovers' of the now, but I'm personally over this POP/iD aesthetic in photography.
It's time for fashion to get a bit more aspirational and polished.

Way better than previous campaigns imo but just not great.

the placement of the ‘new’ symbol looks terrible who said yes to that? ruins the pictures who kinda leave me very unimpressed so far. they look like an editorial from Dazzed and Confused which, unfortunately seems to be a continuing trend in fashion

the new logo looks cheap af.

I don't understand the close-up shots that are not associated with full-length ones. For a fashion campaign, it doesn't really promote anything
Also, the animal shots are random (but I understand they are britishness-associated) but why didn't they put accessories with them? At least, show something associated with the brand. It's not National Geographic

I love the return to this only slightly revised classic logo. The new font for "BURBERRY" is nice, too. Another rebrand might feel like overkill, but I think this was an absolute necessity and hopefully they can course-correct after the Tisci years.

The actual campaign isn't instilling in me a whole lot of confidence that will be be the case, though. Hopefully they're at least judicious about which of those images actually get printed.

Last edited:
Predictably generic.

Suits the designer. Looks like any basic web creative for any given midrange indie consumer brand from US, down to the headcount casting (surprised there isn’t an obese model).

I don't understand the close-up shots that are not associated with full-length ones. For a fashion campaign, it doesn't really promote anything
Also, the animal shots are random (but I understand they are britishness-associated) but why didn't they put accessories with them? At least, show something associated with the brand. It's not National Geographic
I think they just don't want to showcase previous Tisci's designs, they just want to turn a page and reset the mood; Burberry as quintessentially British, both classic even conservative and unique, even excentric in the same time.

Im so tired of “British”. It only stands for
Colonial, racist and backwards thinking.
It’s disgraceful.
If anything should get cancelled it’s exactly that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->