Chloé F/W 2024.25 Paris

They were exactly the kind of people who would instantly dismiss an element of fun in fashion.
Also you can tell someone’s never worked in the art world and only gets ideas looking at it from a window with that assumption.. get a summer internship just for kicks and see the amount of boho and florals and colors and then report back. I don’t honor trolls with replies but the s*it you read here sometimes haha..

If I may speak from my personal experiences meeting boutique owners and their clients who fall into that category during fashion weeks and art gallery events - They were exactly the kind of people who would instantly dismiss an element of fun in fashion. That discretion-at-all-costs kind of attitude towards fashion is why 'Quiet Luxury' became such an expected clichée, often lacking lightness, sensuality or an element of glamour - People may want to look competent and smart but without an element of fun, it’s all a bit too studied and severe.
Exactly, and it feels old now. Too try hard, too pretentious, too cold, too wannabe, too done.

It was cool when Phoebe was doing it. But we’ve been there and done that. She left and many years later people are still doing it. It’s boring. I can’t no more.

I need sunkissed skins, wavy blond hair and girly garments. Idc if they are on a mid-life crisis, a little bit of fun and romanticism is much needed.

If I may speak from my personal experiences meeting boutique owners and their clients who fall into that category during fashion weeks and art gallery events - They were exactly the kind of people who would instantly dismiss an element of fun in fashion. That discretion-at-all-costs kind of attitude towards fashion is why 'Quiet Luxury' became such an expected clichée, often lacking lightness, sensuality or an element of glamour - People may want to look competent and smart but without an element of fun, it’s all a bit too studied and severe.

Believe it or not, I agree with you regarding quiet luxury. I don't get the appeal.

Also you can tell someone’s never worked in the art world and only gets ideas looking at it from a window with that assumption.. get a summer internship just for kicks and see the amount of boho and florals and colors and then report back. I don’t honor trolls with replies but the s*it you read here sometimes haha..
I was a troll, because I thought I was being trolled. Simple. I respect if people like the Boho vibe, as I said before, I believe in pluralism, but I will not take mockeries from any f*cking one.
Also, lol at the 'never worked in the art world' comment. You have no idea, yet I never confimed nor did I agree that Gabriela's aesthetics was an 'art gallerist' uniform. Ad hominems and the assumptions which you ironically speak of always come from people who never have reason on their side. Now, good-bye, I don't argue with soccer moms nor Karens (I've read some your comments on this forum and that's the vibe you give me).

I believe in pluralism
Definitely. People working in a corner private art gallery in Bern, those that work in Sprüth & Magers in London Mayfair, and those at Smithsonian are all going to dress very differently. It is like assuming a librarian has to wear glasses and grandma style clothes or that everyone in North America has a huge locker room corridor in their college.

Believe it or not, I agree with you regarding quiet luxury. I don't get the appeal.

I can understand it as a foundational wardrobe that addresses practical, everyday needs and has lasting value - I bet everyone can relate to the security a garment that feels 'just right' in terms of cut and fabrication can provide, that can ideally transcend seasons and serve a variety of styling options.

But dressing entirely in that 'safe space' often comes at the lack of personality expressed, of sensuality and references - Basically anything that speaks of fashion and style.

A lot of those people I was talking about consider fashion a frivolity, a lesser art form than fine arts or architecture - And that is why their sense of dress often expresses that 'being-above-fashion' attitude. That‘s something I wholeheartedly disagree with.

There’s something comforting about a designer understanding a brand, being aligned with the brand and delivering on the first show!

It’s a fabulous collection! The spirit of Karl is there in the abundance of flou, the transgenerational appeal of Clare is there and the fun care-free 00´s style is very Phoebe.

I think this collection is a great way to reintroduce Chloe but with a more dynamic fashion statement! She made an effort to create a statement with those very expected elements!
The shearling, the flou in the end, the gigantic plaid coats and the attitude is perfect!

Seeing Pat Cleveland on the runway warms my heart and the way Chemena handled her child was so funny and cute.

What I loved about Natacha was that her Chloe was very close to spirit of Karl. That’s exactly what I liked in the last collection of Paolo. I hope Chemena will go more i
So much for them to arbiter of taste. A lot of architects and people from the Art world can’t dress anyway.
The fantasy fashion people have of them is more glorious than the reality.
But they are interesting and hopefully, we value more intelligence and curiosity over style…Even if both can’t hurt (some can really dress).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->