Chloé F/W 2024.25 Paris

The collection is growing on me, specially the outerwear. I still don't get the point of those dresses, they're not ugly but idk. Pants and jackets are nice too.:bounce:

To the women of tfs: would you wear the dresses in the winter or autumn?

Am I the only one who is just a bit disappointed with this? Too much literal archive digging, I'd like to see something more progressive. I liked what Gabriela and Natacha did with the brand, they had their own voice. Maybe Chemena develops her own in the future, or at least stronger one.

No. I feel people are too easily impressed by this collection. I don't dislike it but there's still a lot to be desired. I'll liken it to a sandwich lol...
A Lot of Bread: Capes and Caped Trenches.
A Lot of Lettuce: Chiffon and Lace.
Not much else in between. Where's the meat?
Waight-Keller could do the same "lightness" with much more sustenance in between. It's STILL a Fall/Winter collection. But since Chloe is one of my favorite houses, I'm still optimistic about what Chemena will bring.
And big eyeroll to the "Chloe girl is back!" rhetoric. Sure, Gabriela had her specific style but it was actually nice for the bohemian girl to roam outside of Paris for a change and look like she had gained a little more strength and awareness of the world around her.

The styling is just bad IMO, too busy, over accessorized and the glasses are not needed in all the looks (I found them hideous TBH), I dont think that the Chloe girl is that interested in this POV when it comes to styleing. But I like it, its cool (whatever that word even means today), somehow, its interesting because it felt risky from the creative and comercial side. It will grow in me I guess.

I would take Natacha Chloe back anyday tho, IDC what people say.

Thank you, @Scotty & @susseinmcswanny we rarely get detail shots posted here and definitely not back shots, really appreciated!

The shoes are 😬 and the bags are just monstrous but the rest remains fun and lovely, especially the dresses (the nude one!).

To the women of tfs: would you wear the dresses in the winter or autumn?
someone mentioned this earlier in the thread and I was going to reply but figured Lola would cover that haha: I personally see no difference.. I jump from one ultra heated place to another and have an endurance of about 10-15 minutes at -10 celsius before I start losing movement or feel like there's a foot cramp underway so if I plan accordingly, there's no reason for me to be outside for that period of time lol. I have been wearing light tops, skirts and open shoes (mostly flats) for about a month now because.. super done with the layers, we've been at -5 for what feels like 100 years...

Accessoires are overwhelmingly bad and that is not good news for Chloé, despite the hype that this show has caused on Instagram.
Say the client goes in the shop, is she going to go for any of those bags? Or is she going for those humongous deformed vagina dresses? Nobody looks good submerged in 20 meters of muslins. Or maybe Suvi does, I doubt she’d chose to wear it though.
And I had yet to see muslin dresses looking that severe.
All of the dresses are hypothetical, weirdly constructed, not realistic, and weirdly severe which is a big difference with what Karl and the other designers she wants to honor used to propose.
Maybe she was inspired by a big plateau of choucroute to honor Karl?
I see a directional idea of styling, but it turns gimmicky and cheesy quite soon.
People are happy to see muslin and beige, at chloe, I get it, but I think we are missing the fab woman behind the clothes, these girls have yet to know the joie de vivre

Last edited:
Now this is the Chloe I fell in love with! **Fabulous** boots!

Ok...vintage Chloé clothes shown on a runway...boho is back...and??? You don´t need a designer to make a collection like this. Yes, it looks like Chloé used to be; but I don´t feel like seeing the same again in 2024.

What a great collection and show !! I really enjoyed it deeply. Fashion has been lacking this form of lightness and fun in my opinion. There's even a glamour to it. I feel this is going to sell really well !

mgid:arc:imageassetref:bet.com:ef6e730c-4873-11e7-a442-0e40cf2fc285

this is it. this is chloé. just delightful, hitting the right notes - a breeze of old riding with the momentum of new.
yeah i wish the fabric was more opaque, but it's not pretentious or gimmicky; there's an ease about it, even though i don't care for it. and i am ignoring the tucking of the boots and whatnot... the styling is a hump she can get over.

those belts are gonna be a hit.

Hmmm…I feel in the minority here, but I just don’t love it.

It’s been on my mind all day…“why don’t I like it?” I honestly can’t quite put my finger on it. Sure it looks like Chloe, acts like Chloe, etc…but it feels too predictable. And there’s something about it that just doesn’t feel expensive, either.

I will hand it to her that the show’s soundtrack was excellent. It’s been a very long time since I’ve liked a catwalk soundtrack. Love the Ennio Morricone, Bat’s for Lashes and Mono.

^ I agree with you, although Chloe's Parisienne chic aesthetic has never been my cup of tea, there's no denying how well Chemena has done with the brand's heritage here, which is very appreciable. She and Chloé deserve to be better known for this collection, today's Quiet Luxury hypebeast people never mentioned Chloé's Bohemian in their conversations, they will have to open their eyes after this hit !!!

For sure one of the hits of the season, she recognized where fashion currently is (an 00s revival in several ways) and what Chloé needs after Gabriela (a return to lightness, French-girl breeziness and FLOU) and executed it quite successfully, even if not faultlessly. Personally I preferred the sophistication of Natacha's approach, but I guess playing to its strenths in a more literal way is what the brand needs nowadays.

Nice to see Chloe back to the effortless floaty feminine aesthetic that we loved. Its ready to wear yet looks nothing like Zara/HM maybe if they plan to recreate it. Hopefully the campaign will also bring back that essence of Chloe with motion and lightweight effortless energy.

Nuttin’ new y’all… same old copy/paste stuff. So sad that we applaud a collection that has ZERO newness to it but its just somewhat “correct”. Says more how bad everything is these days…

Accessoires are overwhelmingly bad and that is not good news for Chloé, despite the hype that this show has caused on Instagram.
Say the client goes in the shop, is she going to go for any of those bags? Or is she going for those humongous deformed vagina dresses? Nobody looks good submerged in 20 meters of muslins. Or maybe Suvi does, I doubt she’d chose to wear it though.
And I had yet to see muslin dresses looking that severe.
All of the dresses are hypothetical, weirdly constructed, not realistic, and weirdly severe which is a big difference with what Karl and the other designers she wants to honor used to propose.
Maybe she was inspired by a big plateau of choucroute to honor Karl?
I see a directional idea of styling, but it turns gimmicky and cheesy quite soon.
People are happy to see muslin and beige, at chloe, I get it, but I think we are missing the fab woman behind the clothes, these girls have yet to know the joie de vivre
Somehow I like the accessories more than clothing. Yes, there is strong 00s boho vibe to them, but at least it is something different to current minimalistic bags, belts, costume jewellery and shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolores del Rio
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->