Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2005.06 Paris

j´adore dior said:
i agree with you in almost everything you´ve said, but! do you really consider Erin O´connor a low profile model :blink: ??
I personally don't consider her a 'Low Profile Model'(I love erin, she is one of my fav's), but I do think that alot of other people do unfortunately.:blush:

I love this collection! In my opinion this is the best of the F/W 2005 couture collections.

columbine said:
I love this collection! In my opinion this is the best of the F/W 2005 couture collections.
I totally agree!
Collection is amazing, it's chic,elegant, mysterious, crazy, LOVELY!

this is wonderful.

i love all of the light and sheer fabrics, its all fantastic. i just watched the video and the music with the canons and the girls holding rifles is my favorite part.

:heart:

Lena said:
i especially hate the skin 'underwear' corsets, they are totally hiddeous :ninja:

Me too...

Someone kill me for saying this.... ...but I am so OVER with John Galliano...... ....his designs are TERRIBLY tacky....... He could design a bicycle shaped dress (WTF !? :lol: ) and all his fans would still find it spectacular!

lol i'm not a fan (appart from this collection) but i'd be amaized if he designed a bike shaped dress

^ Of course I'd be amazed too... ...amazed by his stupidity.

VICTIM said:
lol i'm not a fan (appart from this collection) but i'd be amaized if he designed a bike shaped dress

hahaha...same here. That would be pretty impressive, strange but impressive.

I was not at all a fan of Galliano until I saw this collection, truth be told. I thought all of his work at Dior to this point was just ah, ho-hum. I mean there were some great pieces but nothing blew me away. His couture collections were just...full of crazy gaudy things. To me he was just a man with more than a few screws loose who liked to make extravagant clothes.

But there is just so much about this show, the whole way it was set up, all the "themes" in it, the setting, everything was great. Watching the footage made it even more amazing to me.

hmmm a lot of comments are a bit harsh i still dont think any other designer could do anything as impressive as this

This collection and the way it was presented was amazing. I normally don't comment because my knowledge of designers is limited,but this collection took my breath away. :heart:

^I feel the exact same way! I just saw it at style.com and wow. It's beautiful!:blush:

VICTIM said:
hmmm a lot of comments are a bit harsh i still dont think any other designer could do anything as impressive as this
Definitely. Haute couture needs people like galliano to wow people, even just to get people usually not into fashion interested again.

Choisir said:
Definitely. Haute couture needs people like galliano to wow people, even just to get people usually not into fashion interested again.

Absolutely! So totally agree!! I lo:heart:e it since the very first pic.
So beautiful! I'm lo:heart:ing all of it :woot:
The whole collection is simply the best for couture FW05 collections! :blush:
This is so overwhelming since my disappointment for Chanel couture :cry:

Amazing how he takes everything that normally is so WRONG to wear
(like almost see-through and dozens of colours and huge shapes... )
and throws the whole bunch together and ends up with something truly beautifull..:flower:

TheSoCalledPrep said:
All of the opening and closing looks are WONDERFUL... but some of the stuff in between.. is just frightening....
yep.
just saw the video, it's awesome, the second set is a bit tedious, cant even recall what it was but after that, the set where the models get all dizzy for going in circles..it's particularly pretty. as well as the supermodels..
this is my favorite part:
00280m.jpg

everything's good in there except for hana, i'm sorry to all of her fans but it really annoys me how she tends to ruin every show's atmosphere with her expression-less face. she's surely pretty but i dont know..maybe too shy? :doh:

oh anyway, i wish i could've seen lily cole in the video, for some reason, the final part didnt show up here. :unsure:

I just watched the video last night, very beauitufl. The opening models did a great job with the snoody elitest attitude with their umbrellas, I loved the spinning parts, morgane and michelle alves did a good job although tiiu looked like she was scared to fall. Everything was great except the ending it seemed almost like there was no organization, i noticed hana stopped in the middle and went off to the side, but realized she wanted to be more up front so she got out of her line and moved to the front.......hana.....

and mullet, lily was in the video...but eugenia silva on style.com wasnt. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->