Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2005.06 Paris

Actually, I think her dress snagged the gates and she was just trying to pull it out.

yourbestfriend said:
I just watched the video last night, very beauitufl. The opening models did a great job with the snoody elitest attitude with their umbrellas, I loved the spinning parts, morgane and michelle alves did a good job although tiiu looked like she was scared to fall. Everything was great except the ending it seemed almost like there was no organization, i noticed hana stopped in the middle and went off to the side, but realized she wanted to be more up front so she got out of her line and moved to the front.......hana.....

and mullet, lily was in the video...but eugenia silva on style.com wasnt. :unsure:[/QUOTE

i loved the first section and the attitude of those models, well, we all know erin, stella are super and nadedja as well :woot:...

about the end i think the model that stop on the middle wasn´t hanna but natalia and i think she stoped because she stumbled a bit, as well as eugenia and alek (at the same time than eugenia) and i wish we could see the models going to the backstage after galliano, because it seems that part was very unorganized :lol:, the audience was al ready stand while they were still on the top of the set, so i think maybe the audience started to move before all of the models were gone.

boho_babe said:
I personally don't consider her a 'Low Profile Model'(I love erin, she is one of my fav's), but I do think that alot of other people do unfortunately.:blush:

i love erin too :heart:
and who cares about what other people say :lol:, as long as you long as you love her and enjoyed it, that´s all it matters! :flower:

oops! i forgot to mention that i´m very impressed by the degas section too!, i thought all of them were real dancers but they are models!, i think they also did it georgeously well!!.

Wow, thanks, the colors are gorgeous, as are the details. I don't know if it's as NEW as he set it out to be, however, but very Galliano flamboyant!

Just my two humble cents though...one little thing bothered me and Im curious to hear your opinions. Galliano was very thorough setting the mood of the dresses with the music, sets and lighting, so it was a pity that the direction of the show wasn't given the same thought. The "sassy" walk and poses just seemed terribly out of character and tacky in such a theatrical scene promising an interesting narrative and vivid characters. And bless the models for trying hard, but the dancing was terrible...he simply shouldnt have gone there...and on pointe too, ouch! Perhaps he would have done the proposed mood more justice if he had had professional dancers dance in all the dresses. Or if he had the models just walk, spin and turn elegantly. It wouldn't have been so noticeable if it were just a plain catwalk sans sets...

.... but that's just me...what do you all think? Wow, I'm still new here and already barging in attempting to re-direct Dior Haute Couture?! :blush:..(runs and hides behind curtain)...(peeks out again)...Hi!

I've been so busy i haven't even had chance to see it until today, but it is fantastic i'm really in love with almost all of this collection, it is a fabulous tribute to Christian Dior himself and his history in fashion, I'm in love with erin's dress so much :heart:

I didn't enjoy the brightly coloured degas dancers however, but otherwise a beautiful and elegant collection :heart: Galliano has made us dior fanatics proud again

Galliano is a friggin' genius when it comes to clothes, regardless that his collection with all the black bull crap and the way he brought the girls down from the runway onto a rug covered floor really pissed me off and left me disappointed. But he's back with the stunning dresses, only a designer with balls could send girls down the runway to some guy talking in french on tape.

Loves it!

Having read the explanation of the show and how Galliano essentially wrote an entire play script for the show makes the drama of the clothes all that much more exciting!!!!

He wrote a script of the show? I thought it was show director's job...humm impressive

JMG3 said:
I LOVED the opening of this show. It reminded me of the movie "Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci.

i just downloaded the intro song for sleepy hollow and its the same music :woot:

i also just found out the music of the nude dresses section its,

Cozy Powell - Dance with the devil

I just saw the video and my God, that was beautiful! Erin O'Connor was awesome as usual! I love the use of color! :heart:

wow i just saw the show on the DIor website......its absolutely amazing
its like a movie!

for some reason it stops at naomi......does that happen to everyone else?

yep....but it should carry on again, sometimes when it stops and you press play it restarts again instead of going to the next bit but if you leave it, it usually carries on:flower:

Man, the audio tested my french!
Seriously, excellent show. My hats are off to Galliano for this season.

boho_babe said:
I personally don't consider her a 'Low Profile Model'(I love erin, she is one of my fav's), but I do think that alot of other people do unfortunately.:blush:

i think she is pretty low profile....and to fall for that sleazy jamie theakson? that is just whacked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hhhhg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->