• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Christian Dior 'J'adore' Fragrances : Charlize Theron

7n2n6sfr.jpg

youkioske

i'm.... speechless about that commercial? if that is supposed to be a commercial.

-is that a Marilyn Monroe doppelgänger or did they manipulate old footage of her? same with Marlene.
-Morgane Dubled! yay!
-it doesn't sell the fragrance anywhere as well as the old commercials did. noone will ever beat Carmen's commercial.
-i never liked that song. whatever it is by whoever.

it's pretty apparent that J'Adore is a cashcow for Dior. given that, i don't know why they continue to fcuk around with the formula. starting in mid September, J'Adore will be reformulated, adding orange blossoms to the mix.

the people at Dior clearly don't know about the good old proverb 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it'.

Doesn't Grace Kelly also appear?

Also I find ironic that Marilyn appears holding the fragance as she is so linked to Chanel nº5.

grace kelly, marlene districh, marilyn monroe............and charlize theron. perfecto!!!!!!!!!!! this iconic commercial serves the house of dior some justice.

It's definitely manipulated footage of Grace Kelly and Marilyn Monroe. The latter is probably from Gentlemen prefer blondes...a bit unseemly to actually have Marilyn speak - it doesn't sound like her. Marlene Dietrich, though, I'm not sure if that is actually her. Part of the issue with that could be that they're using a black and white movie...

Oh my goodness, this advert is perfection they've really pulled out all the stops.

All of the Charlize Dior advertisements make me laugh. They are so cheesy. The print campaign is so much more effective.

The best J'adore advertisement was with Carmen Kass. It was simple but beautiful. This use of old film stars is just laughable. I find the Marilyn to be strange too. Wasn't she more famously associated with Chanel No 5?

It's definitely manipulated footage of Grace Kelly and Marilyn Monroe. The latter is probably from Gentlemen prefer blondes...a bit unseemly to actually have Marilyn speak - it doesn't sound like her. Marlene Dietrich, though, I'm not sure if that is actually her. Part of the issue with that could be that they're using a black and white movie...

yeah, somehow she pronounces 'Dior' with a german accent. i was like 'wtf'

ew marylin looks like a computer generated thing - really creepy 'bringing her back' like that.

I dont know how they did Marline Dietrich but seeing her in a setting like this I can understand why she is iconic.

Interesting advert - but its a bit weird. I mean Charlize is hardly on the same level as these icons is she????!

11v0ino.png

screenshot

I remember a Chanel commercial, where the girl morphs into Marilyn Monroe. A bit strange but applicable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting advert - but its a bit weird. I mean Charlize is hardly on the same level as these icons is she????!

Well apparently this is what they aim her to be, which I do like since she is and looks amazing. The whole commercial is pure genius and perfection in terms of script, acting and modern techniques: looooooooooove :heart::P

am i the only one who thought, "holy ****, Charlize can walk!!!" she could teach 90% of these runway girls a lesson!

soooo sexy and smooth and sultry. every inch the movie star.

wow the inclusion of the dead starlets is weird, i wish they had gone with the runway concept and used modern actresses or models instead coz Charlize looks amazing in it! The music doesnt even suit the classic actresses that were fixed into the ad

Its a great commercial! I never knew Charlize could walk like that, I wish she would walk RTW shows.
Who else appears in the commercial besides Charlize and the other actresses? I could have sworn i saw Morgane '35 sec. At '50 sec i swear i've seen that model at dior shows before. I can't remember her name though.

^That's Morgane indeed...there's Milana Keller (first model you see as Charlize enters backstage) and the girl at 0:50 is Thana Kuhnen. As Charlize runs towards the runway, I think I see Michelle Westgeest and Maria Kashleva lined up next to the legendary ladies. All Dior couture favorites.

So Grace, Marilyn and Marlene were digitally produced? No doppelgangers? That's quite an achievement for a commercial!

Last edited by a moderator:
So Grace, Marilyn and Marlene were digitally produced? No doppelgangers? That's quite an achievement for a commercial!
For half a second i thought that Marlene was Iekeliene Stange. The cheek bones are similar, but I'm pretty sure they are all digitally altered. I think that there is a Macy's commercial that did something similar to this last Christmas.

Its a bit startling, how they manipulated all those iconic women, and its eery, and sort of out of place, wrong even? But Charlize looks amazing on her own, so it wasn't necessary at all imo.

Marilyn is SO BAD DONE in that film!
but I love it in general. BTW the clothes are still by Galliano, isnt it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
discrepancyofficial
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->