Cropped fur (and faux) jackets

oooooh Meg - sorry to hear that. You can get them repaired from a furrier if you need to but I reckon you could also do it yourself if you are a 'wizz' with the needle! I guess if a fur does rip it is almost bound to rip at the seam so thankfully shouldn't be a problem.

I'm dying for the faux fur coat at H&M but I'm not sure it's really all that wearable.

2qd1ts8.png

should i get it right now or wait till black friday to get it although there's a chance it'll be sold out. it's 125$ atm but on BF, it'll probably be around 70.

i actually tried on that jacket today, and opted for the vest instead. i looked like a pimp, it made me look huge, so i would try it on before you get it. the vest i got was 50 dollars and i just got it, and im very happy with it!! :smile: cheers

There are some fabulous furs in Cricket, a shop n Liverpool city centre by Matthew Williamson. Just rabbit but non the less very nice indeed. I am never sure whether it is worth paying for the designer tag in furs or whether it is better to get em from a furrier. Still for £800 you can get a gorgeous coat or a cropped jacket for £650. They also stock them in Southport (a small towen north of Liverpool) in Coco Boutique.

BTW - Victoria Beckham was seen recently in a stunning (genuine) fur along with her hubby David (droooooool - lol) - wasn't a cropped one though (so slightly OT) but here it is

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tomkatiedavidvictoriabezx2.jpg

tomkatiedavidvictoriabezx2.jpg

pic from imageshack.us

^^yes she wear fur so well ¿¿Fendi maybe??, here are some pics for your inspiration.
justjared.com

<<this is Giambattista Valli and he use real fur.

There are some fabulous furs in Cricket, a shop n Liverpool city centre by Matthew Williamson. Just rabbit but non the less very nice indeed. I am never sure whether it is worth paying for the designer tag in furs or whether it is better to get em from a furrier. Still for £800 you can get a gorgeous coat or a cropped jacket for £650.

For that fur, at that price - no. Rabbit seems to be the cheapest and most available fur of them all. You can get second-hand rabbit coats for £10-20 from non-designer shops, and as they're so cheap, if you're handy with the scissors and thread, you could refashion them for your own uses.

I'd leave the £800 rabbit jackets for the WAGs who don't realise that the shop is having a joke in adding that extra '0' to the price tag. If the fur was a more valued type, then a high price would make more sense, but not for rabbit.

^ Ya, rabbit fur is common, but still gorgeous.
^^ Giambattista!! I don't think Victoria has style but I think she wears clothes well.

Oh, and I bought that coney fur coat I talked about on the previous page. Matched with my Russian fur hat - it's SO warm.

Oh no, I would never call it common, it's brilliant, a versatile and lovely fur - I just hate it when shops think we're stupid enough to pay huge amounts of money for something that doesn't cost that much. I don't mind a reasonable mark-up, but some shops are having a laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to get the cropped fur jacket H&M is selling right now, it's really cute.

Faux fur jackets are a fantastic trend since you don't need to dress in real fur and they even look better :heart:^_^

Vintage coney fur jacket I bought the other week
20-11-08coat-1.png

Vintage fox fur jacket I bought today
2-12-08-foxjacket.png

both are stunning - particularly the fox - great buys!

3082556749_ae6e2032f4.jpg

I got this vintage coat for $10 today...I think i can get rid of some stoles now. Because I love this one.

Please help me with this
How do you like this mink coat? does it look like "an old lady" coat?
Do you think it is bulky?

LVR.com
Attached Images
attachment.php

Well I bought this coat at 30% off - and it is not bulky in the shoulders
I think the price was good 1750 euro for mink ....

punky, that is a lovely jacket!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

^ I think it would really depend on the person wearing it and how they style it. It has the potential to look really chic worn with more young, casual pieces, like a sweater dress and ankle boots with tights or something like that. Jeans and heels with layered sweaters come to mind too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brky1907
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->