Customisations

Status
Not open for further replies.
and boots too
annisaapad.jpg

^ Oh my goodness, your work is so fantastic! Looks like a new pair of "favorite jeans" :D

I really need to get me some studs... you guys have inspired me :woot:

i made this in about 5 minutes just by cutting off the bottom third of a crummy old blazer, rotating it, and sewing it back together so the bottom is backward.

jacket1.jpg
jacket2.jpg

I did one of those also, you just cut off the bottom hem and start tugging the threads at one point. I should also mention that it doesn't hold up too well in the wash. The threads clump together and it loses the elegant effect.

11rbwcg.jpg

source: my blog, dirtydirtylaundry.wordpress.com

Here are other photos of that that I have found (and are posted on my blog:(

ofn0qa.jpg

source: ubuyo.vo.llnwd.net

k4tsgo.jpg

source: fashiontoast.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my collection of photos that I have compiled into a post on my blog:

so318n.jpg

source: facehunter.blogspot.com

2j0dua8.jpg

source: urbanoutfitters.com

2dtmwwx.png

source: flickr.com (user darshu)

33o4jue.png

source: flickr.com (user susanstars)

2vxkql2.jpg

source: childhoodflames.blogspot.com

24c9pht.jpg

source: flickr.com (user compaiprojects)

68hnv5.png

source: flickr.com (user evenlane.com)

i really like the brown jacket :smile:
the way it sort of reduces the length just by the cut across

i like the white one, second to last
looks like pintucks perhaps

^thanks :smile:

reorganizing/cleaning my closets and rediscovering all my old customizations...
here is another one. made from a huge old wool coat (like xxxl) i found at a flea market last month. i cropped it and made the waist narrow but kept the big puffy shoulders. also added those stripes (from vintage rayon ribbon) on the back.

blue1.jpg
blue2.jpg

this is a blazer i got a thrift store. undid some of the seams, resewed areas, and put on oversized buttons. also spray painted it.

red.jpg

old blazers & coats are common and cheap, but fun to make stuff from

wow, dirtylaundry. that's reallly good! how long did it take you??

It only took me a couple hours, you can do it really methodically just watching tv or something...

And I'm planning something along the lines of this:

source: printliberation.com

Last edited by a moderator:
what keeps me busy these days:

3370865964_83af1e0878.jpg

and i intend to cover that shirt up with studs! :wink:

Changing clothes?

I didn't know where to post this, so I opened a new thread.

Anyway, I saw a jeans in an online store which i'd love to have. But since i am not sure about the sizing, I would order it one size too big (I don't know how they run exactly). (Online shop is in the US)

Is it possible to make it tighter when it is too big? I mean, I don't want it to be visible that I changed it on the stitches. Or is it not possible to change jeans that are too big?

I got this old 90's Nike shirt off eBay recently, and I love the colors and what it says, but it's a mens' XXL and I'm like a women's Small, so clearly it's not going to fit that great, therefore I want to cut it up some and do something to give it a better fit... but I'm not sure what exactly I should do with it... any ideas?

I was thinking of shredding it some, on the sides, or the back... but I've heard depending on how much you shread, that it may not really hold on in the wash...:unsure:

shirt.jpg

I'm customizing a bike for my daughters 4 year birthday.. I thought about photographing the process but forgot :doh:

Sofar I've stripped it of all the ugly labels/stickers and spraypainted *gold* everything that was black .. the rest of the bike is babypink and white.. very girly girly..

I need to spray a second layer of gold and finally I've got roughly 400 swarowski crytals (in gold, icecrystal and pink) to glue to the bike (If only I can find where I put them!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->