• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Dark Denim

I got my Lee black skinny leg about 8 months ago I am most definitely in love.

I think Australia is definitely ahead when it comes to denim trends.

dior homme always have black tight jeans. nothing new. i have one pair of dark tight jeans from versace couture from this summer, i love it. also have a pair of acne jeans and dior homme :heart:

At home in in small-town Canada it seems this trend caught on 2 years ago. Not so much in skinnies though, because I rarely even see them. :huh: Maybe we are so slow to get trends we never really became saturated with the faded jeans trend. Weird. :ninja:

^ Same :flower: I always have thought I look horrible in light colored jeans so I am always a fan of the dark washes

I prefer darker denim, I think I've only bought a pair of light blue jeans in my whole life. And I adore black skinny jeans, I think that they are the trousers that look better on me. And it's really functional, it goes with everything.

I see dark denim coming back large with a higher-waisted jean...it's a much more flattering wash for different body types

I like dark denim—the less the detail, the better—but never skinny. Bootcuts or straight-legs work the best for me.

ClassicFashion said:
I see dark denim coming back large with a higher-waisted jean...it's a much more flattering wash for different body types

yes yes yes...
but where ARE they...???...

that is what i want...
dark-high waisted denim...

but not CRAZY high....just normal to the waist...as opposed to UNDER your belly!!!....:judge:...

does ANYONE do this?...
i think maybe stella mccartney...?

what about this idea of wrangler and lee making a comeback?...
those are both higher waisted generally and were HUGE in the 70's....
has anyone checked them out recently?...
i don't even know where they are sold?...

:unsure:...

softgrey said:
i like the idea of the dark skinny...
i think it looks very crisp and sharp...

but since i did that trend the first time round with my jordache jeans...
i think i'm opting out this time around....

oh lordy lordy lordy....
i saw an ad for Jordache in one of the fall mags...:ninja:
they seem to be launching a comeback...
i might just change my mind on the dark denim if they still fit me like they used to...

those jeans were very good!...^_^

softgrey said:
what about this idea of wrangler and lee making a comeback?...
those are both higher waisted generally and were HUGE in the 70's....
has anyone checked them out recently?...
i don't even know where they are sold?...

:unsure:...

wrangler and lee are ALL over the place here in sydney atm.....
all kinds of washes......high-waisted skinnies are here too.....
EVERY kind of skinny is here.....
:lol:......

there's lots of girls still wearing tsubi, bettina liano and sass & bide.....
but they seem to be the under-25's and the 'sheep'.....
the women in their late 20's and 30's who are truly chic (and ahead of the 'trends', imo...) are wearing these high-waisted skinnies with little blouses and delicate cardigans.....its winter here at the moment.....

my fear is that you have to be rather long and lean to pull off the high-waisted jean, especially when its so tapered.....
although i'm sure YOU could master it, softie.....as you seem to do all looks....:P

its just that the high-waisted pants here right now are rather exaggerated.....
they look higher than a regular waist (not hipster)....i do think stella mccartney did a pair that may have triggered this......i'll have to look in the shops.....

I've been looking for a nice pair of dark denim jeans for ages. I don't want a pair that has any fading or distressing on them. Just a nice clean cut and one colour all over. Hopefully there will be more variety when the new stocks start to come in.

I love good quality dark jeans and Lee do a great reasonable priced skinny pair which fit really well. I've stopped buying so much dark denim though as i'm not too fond of the faded wash that gradually comes out after a few goes with the laundry machine.

adorefaith said:
its just that the high-waisted pants here right now are rather exaggerated.....
they look higher than a regular waist (not hipster)....i do think stella mccartney did a pair that may have triggered this......i'll have to look in the shops.....

yep- i saw a pair of acne's that were RIDICULOUSLY high waisted...
i'm not talking about extremes...
just something that comes to or just under my bellybutton..\

:D

SwanDiamondRose said:
i love the men's 'tight long john' by nudie
http://www.nudiejeans.com/fitguide/fitguide.php
i wonder how they look on women?
I think they look great on women, for all I know the fit is unisex. My friend tried it on and she looked great in them, there's some stretch in them. But I suppose it's depending on how you're body looks, how the jeans fit.

Did anybody say HIGH waist..?

http://caliroots.com/data/product/images/5218200663121082348790_L.jpg

Totally ridiculous..

^ :lol:

I would definitely like to see someone wearing them on the street... they look utterly unflattering and painful to wear.

softgrey said:
yep- i saw a pair of acne's that were RIDICULOUSLY high waisted...
i'm not talking about extremes...
just something that comes to or just under my bellybutton..\

:D

i think you may be talking about these softgrey?

& it may be a matter of height? i have them and they come up to right below my bellybutton....although i am 5'11, so perhaps that is why?

( from acnejeans.com )

Attachments

• CF009637.jpg
    CF009637.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I'm really loving dark denim dresses. I have one that I have been wearing all summer. I saw Morgane D backstage at Vera Wang last year with one and it looked so good on her:
320f.jpg

VeraWang05fwBS0013.jpg

I think dark denim just looks a bit tougher and stronger. It makes a girl look really hot, unlike super light jeans that can look really cheap and trashy.
Here are some pics from past and present-
Stella McCartney
100000988.jpg

100000983.jpg

Isabeli F showing off her dark denim:
5698.jpg

Ana BB at an old Triton show looking mad hot:

AnaTritonShow2.jpg

Another random one:
DSC_520120copy.jpg

Style.com
Gonzofilo