Do you live in fashion Siberia?

Oh dear, Toronto, what should say? It is considered urban in Corny Canada. The multiculturalism is awesome here for inspirations, not going to deny that. The rest are just ..... :sick: :( :cry: :doh: You have some peculiar audacious dressers, but overall it is just preppy AE AF or Holister overload for highschool age. Hipsters or scene kids are prominet centre downtown. Downtown is alright, according to my monthly impression.

Where I live, Scarborough, it is blatantly a fashion blind town. Without tFS, just by looking at those people in my school everyday, I would say I would have already been a fashion victim wearing Holister. Attending my school everday for two month w/o seeing high fashion, I would end up feeling extremely uninspired. I would start to have qualm on myself: why am I so dressed up? Or why try so hard? Or be normal! Or time to change back to ordinary. I definitely live in a fashion serbia.
As indirectly mentioned before, my inspirations and courages to dress comes from this community.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely live in fashion Siberia. People around here thinks it's ridiculous to spend a good amount of money on clothes and my mom's all "Who are you dressing up for?" Personally, I don't think that just because I go to college means that I have to succumb to wearing head-to-toe A&F and Hollister along with a monogram designer bag. Oh, and let's not forget the Uggs.

But yeah, people at school either dress like that or throw on jeans and a T-shirt.:sick: No one cares about style here except for a select few, and even my friends aren't as into fashion as I am. Now as a student, I, like everyone else, don't have a lot of money to go spend on a bunch of super expensive clothes but I do try to at least work with what I do have and build my wardrobe piece by piece.

I live in Alabama...gross. Tuscaloosa, where I live, is a college town, so it isn't as bad as some other places. There is no shopping to speak of, though. We have one mall that is the American Eagle/Aeropostale mall and then another mall that is mostly hip hop type clothing. Then there are some locally owned boutiques but the selections there are very limited. I mostly shop online or take the hour trip to Birmingham. The only place I really buy things from here is Gap.

This thread is hilarious!:D

I pretty much live in a fashion siberia, but its getting better. I'm in a pretty interesting position here actually. I work at Abercrombie :ninja: BUT i am definitely NOT an Abercrombie girl. The only time i wear the clothes is when I'm at work and when I do wear the clothes, I try to make it as non-cookie-cutter as possible. Other than that, I get my motivation/inspiration for this board and magazines and what not. It just gets frustrating when I dress the way I actually wanna dress and I get bombarded with questions or comments like "Ohh..why are you all dressed up today?" I mean really, just because I'm a student doesn't mean I like to wear pajamas to school!

And fashion_boi_01, I'm from Alberta and that is pretty much all you see here..Lululemon pants with TnA hoodies and Ugg boots. Or people who wear ALL designer clothes but have absolutely no style. As I said, it is getting better. The "scene" culture is emerging/growing so I've been seeing a lot of awesome outfits ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
lick1987 said:
4. "Wow, you're really dressed up today..what's the occasion?"

haha I've kind of gotten that. I went into the dentist one day, and at the time I didn't own a pair of jeans or anything, and my dentist was like, "You're here from work?" No, I just don't have anything else to wear.

Since then I've settled into more comfort. Not that I've ever been too stylish. But I consider myself more aware than others in my surroundings. The most I see is bad trends like those giant belts and sequin bags being overdone by teenagers.

People here are stuck in early 90s, when everyone in east europe used to wear sport clothes. They still wear these sport clothes, never think about fashion, and look weird on people who buy new clothes every season.

we moved to an island and it is really fashion siberia. my maids do not know armani chanel I even tried versace??? never heard of it let alone yamamoto. so I asked my husband secretary who has internet so you would think... NOno never heard of it. but gispy skirt are reaaaaaaaal hot here.
I wore a silk shirtdress to a diner and the people asked me if I had a functionn before the dinner seen as I was dressed so nicely?!?!?!
THIS is a real shock because we come from Milan and I was working in fashion on the montenapoleone.

ladies and gentlemen... i give you fairhope, alabama.
yes- alabama.
SOUTHERN alabama, to- you know- make it clear.
this isn't even siberia... it's more of a timbuktu

No no
Here 20 year olds wear bowl dresses like 5 year olds I kidd you not!

here in my city everyone is trying to dress up beautifull but they're too posh..:lol:

I live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

...LANCASTER. Home of the PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH. It's terrible.

My motivation comes from my need to look presentable. I don't know, I just do it. I feel so terrible about my body image and everything if I DON'T.

I live in Newberry, SC. The only place to buy clothing is Wal-Mart. I'm not in a Fashion Siberia, I'm in a Fashion Black Hole. :(

Black Hole! hahahah

I'm in Montreal, where you'd think it would be pretty decent. But with the exception of 3-4 stores, this place is constantly screaming eurotrash at me.

pink lacy leggings
pink uggs
bleached denim mini (with pink rhinestones on the pockets)
scrunchie
a Dixie Outfitters shirt with a large dear in the back
neon orange truckr hat
and top it all off with a giant camo jacket used for "huntin"
and you've got my place of residence.
oh yes- it IS that bad.

bluebutter said:
I'm from Alberta and that is pretty much all you see here..Lululemon pants with TnA hoodies and Ugg boots. Or people who wear ALL designer clothes but have absolutely no style.

I DESPISE those Lululemon pants...and the horrid bags that go with them! I was reading your post and, as a fellow Albertan, was trying to send you psychic hugs: "It'll be OK! If you don't look directly at the bad fashion it can't hurt you!" At least in Edmonton we have Whyte Ave. so when the drunk rig-pigs and bar-stars aren't staging a riot, you can actually go shopping there and find some amazing, unique pieces and vintage.

I feel better when I dress well. For example on an exam at my university, when everybody else (almost) shows up in sweatpants, I can take high heels, a shirt, pearls and so on. It makes me feel better, to just sit there in my nice clothes :D

I live in a big city in Norway, so I am not at all the only one who dresses fashionable, but I just wanted to say that I don't dress for others, but my self! And little bit for other people, hehe.

The shopping here has gotten so much better in the past few years that I have to say no ...

I live in a small town in the South of Spain and yes, it is Fashion Siberia. It's gotten much better in the past couple of years but everyone still looks exactly the same. There used to be 2 girls at my school who stood out but they've left now so I'm a lone ranger.

I'm not made for small town life.

^ I lived in a small town briefly & quickly learned the same :wink: You can go to the big city for university, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->