• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dye For Faded "denim"

purreow*

Reaction score
I have a pair of "denim" (not really denim, but they're designed to look like denim - very thin denim-like material / cotton) trousers that have faded from too much washing. Normally, the look of faded denim would be no problem, but they have faded from a very dark, dark blue to a medium colored blue that's just rather boring.

Has anyone tried dying anything similar to this to get a darker color, or restore the original darkness? Any tips?

Back before I became too lazy, I used to like the results of using procion dye on cotton. Permanent cold water dye, great colors, unfortunately somewhat labor-intensive.

Here is a link to one website that sells it (this was just the first result from Google, I have no endorsement of or experience with this vendor. It's just to give an idea of the process.)

dharma trading is a really good company, i recomend them

A little emery-tape or gauge 1 glasspaper might do the trick :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanillaCrush
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->