Louis Vuitton F/W 2014.15 Paris

Soooo wearable and I love it especially those floppy skirts and the shoes :heart:

Also, the shade thrown at the industry in the opening song ("Copycat") was not lost on me. :lol:

That's his way of saying "Did y'all miss me?!" :brows: On point, to be honest. Soundtrack is nothing to complain about. Take note, Stella.

Its nice to see a collection thats not overwrought for the sake of adding useless details. This feels very fresh and now. The dresses, coats, fabrics and bags were very thoughtful and cohesive. I especially loved the bags with one strap. Wonderful debut from Nicolas! :clap:

Also, the shade thrown at the industry in the opening song ("Copycat") was not lost on me. :lol:

The shady use of Copycat was flawless :lol:

By far, the best collection of the season! Simple, well-designed, and not over intellectualized. Whats more, it had a kind of Parisian spirit, a nonchalant 'cool' vibe that felt authentic and in touch with reality, and not a dream fantasy land where most designers live these days.

What a breath of fresh air to see a beautiful, straight-forward collection, with a truly French spirit. Ghesquiere captures Parisian culture in a way that no one else can. Bravo, Nicolas, bravo!

2q1i594.jpg
9awy6q.jpg

Style.com/

I really loved those leather halter top looks especially. Quite a nice collection, a breath of fresh air for the brand. The best take on the 60's theme this season and I'm eager to see him develop at LV.

What people seem to forget is that during his first 13 years at Louis Vuitton, Jacobs used to make wearable and well-designed clothes with scaled-down sets which had the feel that Ghesquiere's debut has.

I think it's a fantastic first collection for him and taking the brand to what it was before the sets overshadowed the under-designed collections is a very good decision. I'm sure it'll be a financial hit as well and Vuitton will gather much more 'everyday press' like back in the 2000s.

Gosh, I missed Nicolas so much! Just two seasons away and his absence was felt but the influence still there. Glad to see him back and what a stellar collection this was :heart:. While it was simple, it seems very much like a continuation of his final Balenciaga collection which was great. I like how he has started by easing himself in. I can't wait to see what next he has in store for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh. It's ok, maybe bland and underwhelming, but not terrible. Would be a decent entry for a random NYFW collection, not for a debut LV collection. Take away the name Nicolas Geswhateveritis and Louis Vuitton from it and nobody would look twice at it.

Easily noticeable how he was influenced by the spirit of LV and infused who he was throughout the collection, no need for the grand set just simply great quality clothing I knew many women want. It's great to have Nicholas back.

Solid collection and debut by Ghesquière, easily one of my favourites this season! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->