Louis Vuitton F/W 2014.15 Paris

Such a breath of fresh air. I love that the clothes take center stage here and the accessories are only secondary. Hopefully, now that the clothes are actually wearable and not just editorial bait, they will see the shop floor.

Considering the expectations that have been placed upon him, I think Nicolas has delivered a very solid collection :wub:

A solid start and a wearable collection wonderfully devoid of gimmickry.

I'm tired of the pomp and circumstance, this was all about the clothes and I respect that so much more than a bunch of aggressive smokescreens designed to take attention away from the fact that no one (outside of the key editors & celebrities gifted the wares) will really wear certain designer pieces. These are clothes that I can see women wearing and more importantly buying at full retail.

It's okay. I don't love it but there are some nice pieces in the collection.

I had to take a moment to let it sink in, because it was QUITE different from what I was expecting, from both Ghesquière and Vuitton. And I think that a really good thing, it was a fresh reboot for both of them. I like that he didn't try to rehash his Balenciaga, this had such a great unpretentious sophistication. Delicious french 60's nod (Freja looked like Françoise Hardy opening), a little bit of Courrèges, mixed with the luxury travel side of LV. This feels kinda connected with Kim Jones' Mens, which I think it's incredibly exciting. A very solid debut, and sure makes me even intrigued to see where he'll take the brand from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this underwhelming. 70's School dresses and Ski pants, it reminded me of the PS collection few years ago.

I love it,it looks so chic sporty its like Paris meets NYC with its high quality of leather pieces

Reminds me of Proenza. I don't like it. :unsure:
Hmm, aren't the Proenza guys famous for, uh, being 'inspired' by Nicolas Ghesquière's work at Balenciaga. If anything, it's the other way round.

I like that he has managed to retain his aesthetic, but the year away has given him some time to hibernate and reboot considering how off his game he was during the last few years of his tenure at Balenciaga (though the final two collections he made were nice). But man, it's amazing how much has changed in these past few years: Wang at Balenciaga, Slimane at YSL (sorry Saint Laurent), Simons at Dior and now Ghesquière at Vuitton.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never expected LV will become this good after Marc left.
It was effortlessly surprisingly good, after those over the top pieces in the previous season.

This is great. He does retro in such a modern way. I'm glad it wasn't a spectacle and made the clothes the focus. Vuitton ready to wear was so nice at the beginning of Marc's tenure but got lost as the sets became more outrageous. NG is the original and Proenza, Wang etc are just Xerox copies.

My first impression when looking at the collection was that it looked extremely luxurious and surprisingly subdued, both for a Nicolas Ghesquière collection and a Louis Vuitton collection. I didn't dislike it, but I felt like I had to look at it at least a few more times to be sure what I think of it. So, I did. And I have to say I can't warm up to many elements of the collection, such as the color palette, which strikes me as forcefully mature. Then there's the rigid cuts that strip this of any sort of sex appeal it could have had given the length of the skirts and everything. The second part of the collection is much more interesting, mainly because it looks much more like his work for Balenciaga. And it's also more experimental and weird, which I like. But I still feel like it lacks the attitude (the tough, futuristic, weird tomboy kind of thing) from his previous work and that takes a lot from it. I hope it will grow on me a little more.

I think for a debut it's not bad, but I expected so much more.

eh…kind of anti-climactic to me. his debut at the helm balenciaga was far more memorable and far more reaching. hell,even marc's debut was stronger and more engraining. wished that same standard had been applied here. he has this clean slate to make a serious impression,especially with the reputation and pedigree he has now,and all i see are too many recycled ideas. could have been more.

Not a single bad look! I'm trying to find something I don't like even if you take every piece separately,I still love it

I don't know if you feel the nonchalant vibe of the show which make it more chic , he proves that you don't need a big show to make an impact

Please tell me someone has fallen in love with this collection after seeing the detailed shots?

The footwear was so well thought out, I particularly love the black ankle boots with the camel straps.

Does anyone notice on some of the bags there are 3 ribbon like prints? Does that signify any type of meaning or is it just suppose to be there artisticly?

Nicolas Ghesquière's vision:

wr0LB19.jpg

Typewritten letter placed on the seats via dazeddigital.com

Touching :heart:.

Nicolas has a lot more to offer than this, no doubt. He's very reigned back here.

I agree with all those who get an instant Miu Miu vibe. Richer, more apparent in the luxury component though; Miu Miu playing it very straight and pretty so the clientele that can easily afford Vuitton can buy this all up without much convincing-- or editing from the buyers. Ad those who only know Vuitton as the bags, will identify with the very easy silhouettes and covet it, lust for it, even.

It's a very shrewd, and clever commercial strategy with the reboot of Louis Vuitton. How much more bank can this make? One of the most commercially prestigious labels helmed by one of the most influential designers, and producing a collection that's so... accessible. I don't mean that in a bad way, because there is thought, and care in the design to flatter women's bodies. The backers must be jizzing in their collective pants over such an instantly mass-appealing collection.

A very smart, directional and thoughtful debut and return.

the proportions and the materials used is perfect Nicolas. I loved all of this and the bags were so subtle and didn't take away from anything; even the ones with the monogram. He does accessories so well and thought out. The shoes are :heart: It does feel more Balenciaga than Louis Vuitton but the commerical appeal and sense of luxury that LV has is definitely there

I worship Ghesquière, he's GOD, but this was a rather bad collection. My biggest fear came true: he made a collection based on the tradition, on the leather, on the past of the brand... Which makes sense, but I didn't want that.

It feels very Ghesquière, but a washed-out version of him. :( There are some cute dresses, it's correct, appropriate for a debut, very well constructed... but I don't sense his fashion genius. I expected more. I want more. I don't want him to be restrained by the legacy since Vuitton doesn't really have a ready-to-wear legacy. And considering he's one of the biggest geniuses ever and the only one working in fashion at the moment, this feels… lacklustre. Plus, the accessories were really ugly. Hope it gets better with time.

Anyway, world is way better now that he’s working in fashion again. :heart:

The casting was great, and the make up was beyond impeccable. It makes me desire the models’ skin way more than the clothes. :lol:

I think it's an insanely intelligent debut. Nicolas is such a gifted designer, he's hinted at future collections filled with longevity and timelessness and setting the scene for expanding on his vision. I really like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->