• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Mineral Makeup

Is it possible that my skin gets oilier when using Everyday Minerals? I had the sneaking suspicion long ago but stopped using it. Now I'm using it again and noticing oil a lot more again. :blink:

^ Hmmm....What formula foundation are you wearing? If you are using the "intensive" or "original glow", you might want to switch to "matte" or "semi-matte." It never made my skin oily, but BE did...very badly.

Speaking of BE, they had a show on QVC last night. I DVR'ed it, so I get to watch tonight. I like to watch just for hints about application. :smile:

Forgive me father, for I have sinned :blush: Ive strayed back to normal liquid foundation. I dont think my skin agreed with it as much as it did when I first switched and Im not that keen on the super matte finish [I prefer it to be a little more dewy.] Im also finding it to be more costly than regular makeup and theres only a limited choice of products in the UK. If the market booms [which I suspect it will in the near future] and prices become more reasonable then I probably will switch back. For now, though, ill stick to my favourite mineral concealer and liquid foundation.

^ Hmmm....What formula foundation are you wearing? If you are using the "intensive" or "original glow", you might want to switch to "matte" or "semi-matte." It never made my skin oily, but BE did...very badly.

Thanks. I'm using intensive. The matte formulas felt too dry, but maybe now I'll try again.

^ You're welcome! :flower:

I ordered the everything kit from Everyday Minerals today (as if I don't have enough as it is! LOL). They are having an end of the summer sale. If you go onto the blog section of their website, you can get the discount code and enter it at checkout time. :smile:

I just got my sample of Everyday Minerals in the mail? Any application tips? I am worried its going to look really dry or cake-y...

Forgive me father, for I have sinned :blush: Ive strayed back to normal liquid foundation. I dont think my skin agreed with it as much as it did when I first switched and Im not that keen on the super matte finish [I prefer it to be a little more dewy.] Im also finding it to be more costly than regular makeup and theres only a limited choice of products in the UK. If the market booms [which I suspect it will in the near future] and prices become more reasonable then I probably will switch back. For now, though, ill stick to my favourite mineral concealer and liquid foundation.
Yeah I went back to non mineral foundation. My skin just didn't look as good as when I started using it.

After being sick of using a kabuki everyday I went back to liquid for about a week and my skin went nuts. I've never had that bad of breakouts since junior high. So i promptly went back lol... I switch between everyday minerals and mac studio fix powder (for when i dont have time, it gets the job done).

I just got my sample of Everyday Minerals in the mail? Any application tips? I am worried its going to look really dry or cake-y...

Put light moisturizer on your face and wait 5-10 minutes before applying the EM. Pour a tiny tiny amount of the foundation into the lid and swoosh your brush it. Tap off the excess until you can barely see the foundation on the bristles. It's in there believe me! :wink: Then take the brush and move it in circular motions around your entire face. Blend blend blend. If you find that you need more coverage in some areas, apply a teeny bit more to those area. Be careful not to use too much (that is most important) or you will look cakey. Do the same steps with the blush and powder. I hope you love it! :smile:

I just got yet another EM kit in the mail (the Everything Kit). I am so obsessed!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if its possible, but since I've changed to mineral makeup, my skin (without makeup) looks and feels fantastic! Its only been one week, but I haven't changed anything else in my regime, and my skin is so smooth and soft, poreless, and glowy! My skin tone is really even, too! Can mineral makeup cause things like this?

I ordered some samples from Everyday Minerals, and you know what? I've noticed the same thing, even though I've only been using it for four days. Also, I fell asleep in my makeup last night (It was Saturday night), and when I woke up this morning, I didnt have that nasty yucky oily feeling on my face that you usually get when you fall asleep with a face full of liquid foundation... which is nice. I've read that the zinc in mineral makeup is a skin soother, so maybe that's part of it? Also, my pores seem a lot smaller. I had no idea that was going to happen..but I'm not complaining :smile:

I ordered another set of samples, cos the foundation samples I got were just a tad too light, but I'm really pleased with Everyday Minerals so far. And their concealer is amazing - it makes my dark circles just disappear.

I'm pretty much sold on EM. The blush I got (Weekend Getaway) was great too - looks like I'm blushing naturally. I plan to place a regular order soon and get some brushes, eyeshadows, ect. I'd recommend them to anyone though. Order the free samples - shipping is cheap..what do you have to lose?

i bought the laura mercier loose mineral powder about a month ago to replace my usual sheer pressed powder, and i have to say that my skin has been looking a million times better ever since... no break-outs whatsoever... i can't believe it took me this long to try it. definitely need to moisturize a few minutes beforehand though, otherwise it doesn't go on right.

My second set of Everyday Minerals samples came today - the first set was a tad light. also, in the first set, I got three of their four formulations - matte, semi-matte, and intensive.. semi-matte was ok, matte felt a little too dry for me, and intensive, i wasn't quite sure. They have a fourth formulation, Original Glo, for a "dewy" finish, and that's the kind I got this time - and WOW. Perfection :smile: exactly what I wanted - my skin looks dewy and perfect, and honestly I can't stop looking in the mirror. I don't think I'll ever go back to liquid foundation unless I'm in a pinch. This stuff is amazing. And Everyday Minerals costs a lot less than Bare Minerals.

My Lotus Minerals samples came today too. They were ok, but honestly I felt they lacked that cetain something that EM has. the EM seem to make my face glow... I don't feel that with Lotus. To each their own though.

There are a lot of different mineral makeup brands out there, and some will give you free samples, where you only pay for the shipping. I recommend shopping around a bit and doing your research. Some have Bismuth, which can irritate skin. EM doesn't.

with that, I'm off to play with my makeup some more :smile:

^ I am an EM addict. I cannot stop ordering from their site. I have a whole train case full of it now! I'll have to take a pic. :smile: Glad you like it!

BE actually claims that it improves your skin over time too!

I think that it does...I have been using it for 2 years now and I barely have breakouts anymore, versus when I was using liquid foundation. I have combonation skin and live where its hot most of the time and BE works so great for me.

^ I am an EM addict. I cannot stop ordering from their site. I have a whole train case full of it now! I'll have to take a pic. :smile: Glad you like it!

You should definately take a pic :smile: I'm about to order their I Cant Believe It kit B)

Help.
I have dry skin, but I use a moisturizing sunscreen.
Which is the best mineral makeup that won't be drying.
TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maneaterwife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->