Most Overpriced Designer? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about this for size? this lovely balenciaga pleated leather skirt? $9,995.

00320m.jpg

style.com

I wonder who the designer was that charged $25,000 for a sequinned t-shirt? (the one that caused Anna Wintour to become recession-conscious). They'd definitely win Most Overpriced Designer, hands down.

^you all could really save time if you just started a "i hate balmain" thread. the t-shirts for that club might actually become an underground hit.

good thing it's so ugly :shock: there's no way someone would pay 54k for that :shock: I hope.

idk if this has been covered but the balmain coat daria opened the show in costs somewhere around $65,000. that is out of control.

edit
found it!
http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=G5B43&des=G5B&cat=&gender=women&group=&vendorColor=VDAxNg==&season=actual&seasProdID=51I

Last edited by a moderator:
^^emmanuelle alt recently put that in an editorial. gorgeous, no?
i am hoping she'll be wearing it during #PFW

I think the argument of raising the price by 1000000000% of what it's actually worth to keep the poor people away from buying their precious clothes is ridiculous. If you don't want average people buying your clothes, make something ACTUALLY worth !15,000.

If I had the money, I wouldn't mind spending 15,000 if it was actually worth it. But a simple cut up t-shirt for 5000? No thanks.

For me, it's all about quality.

^that's a wonderful display of the middle-class/bourgeois attitude that hold most of our industrialized societies together. however, on the fringes on the top and the bottom, there's an impulse and an instinct to spend money to show others just how much you've got. it goes beyond need/function and becomes about desire/ostentation.

my parents will dole out a few hundred bucks on a special anniversary for a well-crafted meal at a phenomenal restaurant they deem worth it. they'll have the best cut of steak and the freshest lobster money can buy. they will never understand why someone like me spins my wheels to get a reservation at the newest vongerichten incarnation to spend hundreds of dollars on a experimental meal because it's trendy and it's now and it's filled with the right people. it's just a different impulse.

^^ thats a very accurate way of looking at it. we will never know why people do what they do.

Louis Vuitton New Age Traveler Backpack
US $54,500

Oh Marc...:judge: :sick:

style.com/ilvoelv.com

he'd have to give ME that money to actually put that crap on my shouldrers^_^

Yes, that's true too. Stella McCartney apart from being overpriced she's ridiculously overrated (just like Balmain).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->