Personal Style Etc.

Personal Style etc - general discussion

This thread is for posting general style thoughts, ideas, and topics that don't fit into existing categories and don't warrant an entire thread.

Take it away peeps!

update-
i rationalized the wardrobe thing by returning the vivienne westwood tops...
:innocent:...
:lol:...

and now i am finding myself completely obsessed with blue...
navy blue in particular...
navy and grey...
i am missing some navy coats in my closet...
:ermm:...

it's making me a little mental!...
:wacko:...

and denim...more blue...
which is very odd for me because normally i don't wear jeans!>..
:unsure:...
what is going on here....?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
update-
i rationalized the wardrobe thing by returning the vivienne westwood tops...
:innocent:...
:lol:...

and now i am finding myself completely obsessed with blue...
navy blue in particular...
navy and grey...
i am missing some navy coats in my closet...
:ermm:...

it's making me a little mental!...
:wacko:...

and denim...more blue...
which is very odd for me because normally i don't wear jeans!>..
:unsure:...
what is going on here....?!?!

I know EXACTLY how you feel on the more ladylike/70s looks vs. the rocker/Alexander Wang/Vivienne Westwood looks.

I love both of the styles so much; I'm debating splitting up the more elegant/refined/Chloe/Celine looks for work, and the Alexander Wang bags/rocker looks for my own time.

I'm trying to fade out my 'art school shabby chic' wardrobe and become more sophisticated/grown up since I'm graduating in May. I like articulating things in a simple way so I decided that i was going to look through my fashion folder and try to describe the imagery in 10 words or less and that's how I would inform my style. I came up with "modern ladylike with an edge, feminine architectural, structured" and this picture exemplifies the way I would like to dress (http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lce4o8o7XY1qehtjco1_500.jpg).
I'm drawn to Rachel Roy, Lanvin, Proenza Schoeler and Oscar de la Renta, I suppose.

Does anyone else believe that simple with details is classier/interesting? I always think my style is boring because I see all these great things fashion bloggers are wearing and comparing what I would wear to them, it's like uhh haha.

I just want beautiful casual dresses for summer that show off my tan...thats all.

Black or white , off the shoulder, knee length, tie wasited, 3/4 sleeve.

I want a red jersey batwing dress, just aboive the knee length, low cut(ish)..but not TOO low.

I want a navy silk maxi skirt that ISN'T flowy to wear with a plain white singlet tucked in.

Need a white and gold kaftan dress that ISNT see-through.

argh its all so hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a strange urge for blue right now. I've been thinking a lot about a pair of blue (pointy toed) shoes, but at the same time pointy toed shoes are not my style. I think I'm going to look for a pair of trousers for spring in cobalt blue, like the Céline ones.
celinerst106.jpg

style.com

I know EXACTLY how you feel on the more ladylike/70s looks vs. the rocker/Alexander Wang/Vivienne Westwood looks.

I love both of the styles so much; I'm debating splitting up the more elegant/refined/Chloe/Celine looks for work, and the Alexander Wang bags/rocker looks for my own time.
good idea!!!
:idea:

that sounds like a perfect plan...:clap:
i don't have the kind of job/lifestyle where i can really separate, or i would just do the same thing!!!...

You don't like mixing it up? I don't mean in the same outfit, although, that's a thought.. I mean one day, one style, the next day who knows?

I have a strange urge for blue right now. I've been thinking a lot about a pair of blue (pointy toed) shoes, but at the same time pointy toed shoes are not my style. I think I'm going to look for a pair of trousers for spring in cobalt blue, like the Céline ones.

picture
style.com

that's a lovely shade of blue! perfect for spring IMO. it'll really spice things up, spring is so full of light pastels.

Does anyone else believe that simple with details is classier/interesting? I always think my style is boring because I see all these great things fashion bloggers are wearing and comparing what I would wear to them, it's like uhh haha.

I've come to think that, though I hate the word classy. But I realize that what I like in pictures, such as that fussy vintage blogger style, is not what I think I'd like to emulate in real life. I'd feel too overdone, like a cupcake, if I dress that way.

But that's just me. I like to see other people doing their own thing.

I've come to think that, though I hate the word classy. But I realize that what I like in pictures, such as that fussy vintage blogger style, is not what I think I'd like to emulate in real life. I'd feel too overdone, like a cupcake, if I dress that way.

But that's just me. I like to see other people doing their own thing.

I guess 'refined' would be a better word to use then. I like seeing other people doing their own thing too! I guess I get a bit of jealousy at their penchant to mix and match and layer so effortlessly.

^ If you're jealous, maybe you should try it out. Clothes should be fun or provide some kind of emotional satisfaction. It doesn't have to be serious or advance some approach to living.

I wish I had been more expressive in my younger years and dressed the way I like. Now, though, I'm happy to admire at a remove.

^i agree

i'm going back to my all black look, god, i missed it. all black, with long flowy skirt, longs sleeved top and chunky heels. *a bit goth* but i loveeeeee it

Petit-totally agree, age should not limit your style. And, the thing about style is it can't always be defined by one look. I love classic, boho, rocker and I wear a mix of it all the time. Depending on my mood, I might wear ladylike or something else.
I am totally feeling color right now. I love the electric blue, chartreuse and citron and fuchsia.

Why not? As long as she's comfortable.. I admire more a woman with wrinkles than a botox-stuff person who thinks that she looks younger and therefore can wear whatever she really wants without looking off.. Anna has a healthy looking body and pulls of anything, even if it is only for attention-seeking. The only thing you need to have in order to wear whatever you like is confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->