• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Runway Mishaps

I think one of the Dior model slipped on the carpet in the couture show. You can see it on the video. It's really funny when they fell actually...I think once Jaquetta almost killed someone in the front row when she slipped at Lagerfeld.

Last edited by a moderator:
ignitioned32 said:
What do you expect in 12-inch heels? :doh:

naomikl.jpg

that is my absolute favourite fashion mishap

We need a "Models falling on the Runway" Thread!

I love it! It`s funny & brings some "life & realism" into the artificial Shows! :P

A couple of years ago during fashion week I was at a show and there must of been a hole or the floor must of been uneven because every single girl kept stumbling in the same exact part. :lol:

Foxie-Pooh said:
...I think once Jaquetta almost killed someone in the front row when she slipped at Lagerfeld.

:lol: I'm gonna get fired laughing so loud at work. That sounds like one of those urban legends the way you wrote this. It's hilarious.

This thread is very entertaining but...do the models ever actually get hurt? I hate to think that they could actually break an ankle falling like that...

CelineChic said:
A couple of years ago during fashion week I was at a show and there must of been a hole or the floor must of been uneven because every single girl kept stumbling in the same exact part. :lol:

:woot: that happened once at Lagerfeld Gallery, i think is F/W show

I remember watching a clip of a Dior show on TV and it was a gold theme-ish, and this girl with all gold and all make up tripped twice and she was trying to look fierce even if she tripped.

who was she?

I remember that... It was Kasia at Dior couture 2002-something-or-other. She only tripped, but the girl right before her stumbled and fell on her ***.

I'm so sorrry don't worry I did not make fun of it like my brother did.

brian said:
I meant posting in this thread a few days ago! How ironic :lol:

Anyhow, I agree about the Dior... :innocent:

mums.jpg

Although some of those models must've been pretty experienced! Some of them glided on air in those fetish heels, as if nothing. Karolina Kurkova especially. :wub:

...Alek Wek nearly tripped and narrowly escaped a broken ankle, as well.. :ninja:

Anyhow, Bettina Weitze falling at that show was so sad :( Poor, poor girl. She was down for quite a few seconds... you know that had to hurt.

She was never hired again for Dior! :cry:

I uploaded a video of the fall for any of you who care enough to see it:

http://plastichalo.net/brian/temp/bettina_falls.avi
(640x480 resolution; 3.88mb; right click & "save as...")

hello: i´m new in this site and i´m loving it, i´m from chile and a fashion student but nobody follows the shows and nobody knows the models, is so sad i cannot share about fashion with anyone until now, so, bettina was hired again for dior haute couture fall 2003, she showed a bias cut hand painted dress in the gypsy-ish secction and stumbled again a bit with the flouncy skirt and since then she haven´t been hired again, then dewi stumbled a bit too in the tango section, and then in the givenchy show dewi fell in her first outing too, poor dewi, is so nice, i wen´t to paris and waited outside the dior fall 2004 rtw show and she said hi to my camera :heart:

julia stegner at - versace ? :unsure:

Attachments

• #19.jpg
    #19.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,251
HEy does anyone have pics?

Poor Tiuu, although she had a terrible fall, it was pretty hilarious and she walked off gracefully anyway.

Does anyone have any more pics of models falling? There's somethin ironic and humane about these falls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanillaCrush
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->