Skinny jeans for men... Coming to an end?

I am slender and not broad-shouldered at all. I'm also androgyneous both in features and style, so I thought hey, this must be for me. I tried the skinny-jean-thing for a while, but no, it just doesn't work with the male figure, and I'm extremely tired of the trend. I'm more into the baggy-look myself. Kind of boyfriend-jeans for the boyfriend :D

More or less the perfect fit IMO:

36134788PL_lar1_1.jpg

(diesel.com)

well isn't that wat pretty much most of male pop been wearing??
at least in USA those are wat boys here mostly wear

i didn't like skinny jeans but now i absolutely do lol
so, i definitely don't want them to fade away

I think skinny jeans are more than just pants these days. Wearing them can sometimes identify you as being part of a group or whatever.
I personally like them, but not skin tight. Skin-tight jeans should be strictly for women, because on guys it's just ugly and really really off-putting.
I hate wearing skinny jeans with chucks, because it's a really weak look for me, I like wearing them with really big shoes.

Either way I doubt guy skinny jeans will ever fade.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't mind the skin tight on some guys(but then again the ones i've seen are mega hot can get away with anything) but it has to black other that blue,white,grey skin tight is blah!
your poor children

I really only look
good in slim fit pants it makes me look taller
and im mostly legs so everything jus looks better..
I would never wear the skin tight ones jus because it uncomfortable
for certain areas and I jus cant see myself in them..but I doubt skinny jeans will fade

Just a general reminder to everyone; the discussion of weight is not permitted outside of the Model/Celeb Weight Thread & The Rise and Fall of the Size Zero thread, so please be sure to avoid making comments regarding weight.

Thank you.

i like those that are not toooo skinny just semi skinny...cant walk right in the very skinny ones

I think skinny jeans are more than just pants these days. Wearing them can sometimes identify you as being part of a group or whatever.
I personally like them, but not skin tight. Skin-tight jeans should be strictly for women, because on guys it's just ugly and really really off-putting.
I hate wearing skinny jeans with chucks, because it's a really weak look for me, I like wearing them with really big shoes.

Either way I doubt guy skinny jeans will ever fade.

I agree that skin tight jeans should be strictly for women. I love my best friend, but he just needs to let go of some of his skin tight jeans. I see more than I bargain for from his anatomy. |:

My only problem with skinny jeans is it is so hard to find an affordable fair for the lanky dude. I'm talking tall guys with long legs and small waists. Finding a 32 X 34 isn't hard at all, but a 28-30X36 is almost impossible, unless you want to spend upwards to two hundred dollars or more. I'm sorry, but two hundred for a pair of jeans isn't really in my price range as a college student who is not really recession proof. The only house that I find accommodates the 36 inseam guys is Topman. They are RELATIVELY affordable.

My bff makes his own skinny jeans because he is 28x33, which is impossible to find. He said it wasn't hard to learn and it's way cheaper to make jeans that way. Maybe try to learn to make jeans? [:

Skinny jeans aren't going anywhere, but I definitely think the silhouette is becoming less severe, and leaning more towards slim rather than skinny. Of course I think menswear has slimmed down quite bit as a whole over the past 5 years :smile:

My bff makes his own skinny jeans because he is 28x33, which is impossible to find. He said it wasn't hard to learn and it's way cheaper to make jeans that way. Maybe try to learn to make jeans? [:

LOL! Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to have to do something!

i hope they do fade!! and yeah i think they will, with time, fade, along with the female version
it feels like its just a trend
which reminds me, that i haaate when guys wear skinny or any type of form-fitting jeans
it seems like it just robs them of all masculinity ya know?

i hope they do fade!! and yeah i think they will, with time, fade, along with the female version
it feels like its just a trend
which reminds me, that i haaate when guys wear skinny or any type of form-fitting jeans
it seems like it just robs them of all masculinity ya know?

That's actually the reason why I started wearing skinny jeans. They make me look more femmenine and androgynous. Now when ever I wear baggier jeans I've started to roll them up or crop them so that my ankles show. I feel like bigger jeans swallow me, I'm literally swimming in them. But, then again I wear leggings as well so the whole idea of overt masculinity coming back into style bothers me.

Supermodel I feel exactly the same way. I really dislike skin tight jeans on males, its just too feminine I think.

That's actually the reason why I started wearing skinny jeans. They make me look more femmenine and androgynous. Now when ever I wear baggier jeans I've started to roll them up or crop them so that my ankles show. I feel like bigger jeans swallow me, I'm literally swimming in them. But, then again I wear leggings as well so the whole idea of overt masculinity coming back into style bothers me.

I had the same thing for a tiny bit, I'm an androgyneous boy and thought I "should" wear skinnies. But then I'd either look like a girl (boys looking like girls aren't that androgyneous really - more crossdressing) or a poorly dressed emo with matchstick legs. I discovered that straight or baggy jeans actually enhances androgynity (at least with tighter tops) as it gives off a "boyfriend-jeans on a boy"-vibe. That's me at least, each to his own :wink: Don't really see why "overt masculinity coming back into style" would bother you. If you have such a androgyneous style to the point where you wear leggings then you don't 'follow style'. I don't think overt masculinity is coming back, more of a "Elegant masculinity". I actually enjoy the fact that more masculine clothes is coming back - even though I have to buy most of my clothes in the womans section. Even with more defined gender-roles it's actually more room for play and for unique styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->