The Best & Worst Catwalkers

Yasmin's the best from this new generation top models era! . What a walk! Reminds me like the girls from the 2006' models generation... Like Vlada, Tanya, Olga, Natasha... girls how were confident and powerful on the runway. She's definitely the future. :wub:

OK, at first I was letting her slide, but I'm really bothered by Kaia's shoulders when she walks. It seems like she's getting more pronounced with each show she walks. Otherwise that walk would be good.

Iana Godina's effortless sexyness for Jacquemus this season reminded me so much of a young Gisele:

My favourite walkers from this generation are definitely Yasmin W, Imaan Hammam, Binx Walton, Kate G and Sasha Luss

My favourite walkers from this generation are definitely Yasmin W, Imaan Hammam, Binx Walton, Kate G and Sasha Luss

same this is facts.i do like Grace Elizabeth & Alanna Arrington as well.the shame of it all is all these girls are literally done with the runway now.Yazzy,Binx & Grace might walk 15 big shows a season but that's it.:(

I wasn’t going to say anything but after reading the recent comments ... where do I begin! I can not wrap my head around as to why are these new gorgeous youngsters have such theatrical tacky walks. It was not like the early 2000s where the girls would stomp down the runways with their head held high, shoulders straight and cross their legs like no tomorrow. Example for that would be Natasha P, mariacarla B, Raquel Z, Isabella F, Caroline T. You get the point.

Love seeing how even Natasha P who has adapted to a much calmer walk yet exuded elegant and sex appeal. It shows that she has respect for herself and the designers. Like when she lead the final at Mugler. She would never walked all crazy like it’s 2004(She did on her instagram). Because it’s 2017 and not the 1990s with all the twilling and exaggerated hip movements. Like stopppp

These new girls be walking like drag queens with no control of their shoulders, swinging them from side to side back and forth, their heads bobbing around like rag dolls and on top of that the legs crossings. It’s too much I want to vomit. Might as well, go casting for rupaul’s drag race now that fashion month is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I think you're watching too much rupaul, 'cause you're seeing it where it isn't, and please chill out, there's no need to use drags to hate on new generations of girls. Haters from early 90s probably thought supermodels from that era should never end and said even worse things than you about the girls you mentioned as your highest type of catwalker.

I dunno, if you look at past runway shows from the 90's, the supermodels didn't have the runway strut down to an exact science, notable exception being Naomi Campbell. Everyone kind of had a jumpy walk, but it wasn't exaggerated . Like I was watching the Versace shows from the 90's because the supers recently reunited at the Versace show and it seemed like models just did a regular walk down the runway with a little bit of extra in the hips, whereas the girls from the 2000's added a little more ooomph to it. I definitely think the wave of models from the 2000's had better runway walks, and add to their more classical beauty, it came off as exuding something much more than the supers and certainly the current crop of models.

^ I totally agree! I thought I was the only one who preferred 00s girls walks to 90s.

2010s girls are awful especially as of late so I haven't really been paying attention.

^^
But the thing about 90's model is also the shows. I mean the supers walked differently at Helmut Lang, Gucci or CDG.

I also prefer the late 90's/early 00's models. Carmen Kass, Caroline Ribeiro, Omahyra, Liya, Eugenia...etc. Natalia's walk has always been a bit too much for me.

As Versace did a 90's model reunion, maybe James Scully can do a 00's model reunion at Tom Ford. It could be great.

As Versace did a 90's model reunion, maybe James Scully can do a 00's model reunion at Tom Ford. It could be great.

I'd love this. So many of those early 2000s models had amazing walks. On top of the ones mentioned above, Omahyra comes to mind, such a cool strut. And of course Karolina, always so smooth and graceful. And Fernanda Tavares who remains for me the ultimate bombshell.

I would have cried if Gisele and Carmen actuay closed a Versace show together. Lol

Also Fernanda is fabulous!

I really like Teddy Quinlivan's walk. It's fun to watch.

I also think Marjan Jonkman has a pretty bad walk.

lol gotta love Teddy Q.Zero chill always going hard on that runway.It was versace she was hyped i liked the extraness good on her.she has been doing this for 3 yrs it's nothing new .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valkirius
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->