the comforts of black and white

lalablossoms

Reaction score
who else is feeling dressing in black and white???

i've recently gone a mission to rebuild a wardrobe plagued with too many random pieces and no direction other than the fact that i love vintage and prettiness

well i still love vintage and prettiness but i'm tired of standing out in colors and worrying about matching this to that

part of it may be my desire to look more sophisticated, but overall i've always gone back to black, the last two seasons i was all crazy colors and prints but i never felt like me, then i tried coordinating muted colors or rich tones and it just made me think too much, now i am really finding myself in love again with the simplicity of black and white, i am not at heart a minimalist or classicist by strict definition cause i'm too romantic, i am really inspired right now by the paris street style thread, punk, goth, mod, and tuxedo styling expressed within the confines of black and white pieces

i don't find it bizarre, depressing, or stuffy as some i have told about my new/old obsession seem to think, or some just think i'm conforming to the new york chic uniform... i don't care it may not last long, or it could last a lifetime but right now its all i want, with a sprinkle of cream and gold thrown in every now and then

anyone else???

i was thinking the same thing today as i walked to work in my
blk dress
blk sweater
blk boots
blk capelet
w/blk bag...

nothing else feels quite as comfortable/cosy as all black...

:ninja:...:heart:

softgrey said:
nothing else feels quite as comfortable/cosy as all black...
I so agree! Every so often I'll try to expand my horizons a bit by buying more colors/prints, but I always end up getting rid of it all and coming back to black (and white).

I love black and white.. most of my clothes are either of those, as well as a bit of gray and blue. I always try to break up the black pieces with a bit of white - like sneakers or a tee - to give it some contrast. Very clean.

And then I do have those tacky pieces here and there, like my gold DH runners, and a green Diesel tee with a fuschia orange print on it. It's fun to wear them once in a while.

I decided a similar thing a while ago. I decided that i would only buy black or white as my base for everything like shoes, coats, bags,pants etc. I do have alot of coloured things but i always find that i want to wear something but then i have nothing to go with it. Its really good because nearly everything goes now.

I mainly just occasionally buy things in other colour but only if they will fit in with my black/white look.

When I was a teenager I only wore black. It was comfertable, easy and could sort of hide in it.

I still wear a lot of black but I try to mix it with a colour... like blue...purple...red...

Last summer I began to buy white clothes as well and it's growing on me...but I guess it's because I've lost a lot of weight

black and white are just so easy, because they go with practily anything

Black is always easy, clean, chic, simple, classic and fresh.

Ditto for white.

I just love it...It's sooooooo comfortable to wear all black...

I've worn mainly black with some white for years. For some reason I'm now feeling like I could add some colour every now and then.

I find black/white style the most exciting. Still I feel it gets a lot of critisism and people think it is boring. I think black more elegant than a lot of colours. It is easier to pull off, that is true, but I would never call it boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... black. It's just so easy to wear, but with the right pieces you can look very chic! I've been wearing more black this fall after buying two pairs of black pants and some black opaque tights, and I find that it makes everything much simpler, but gives an effortless elegance. White is more difficult to pull off, I think, because you need to find exactly the right white... there are so many! I'm still searching for clean crisp white...

I never wear white but i do wear mostly black and grey .. i find it more figure flattering .. i feel more confident in it :smile:

I have too much black in my wardrobe.

Its getting to the point where I will trawl through my wardrobe in the morning and in the dim morning light (I start my day pretty early) I can barely even distinguish each black piece from the other:ninja:

I just like the way it looks, and it suits my skin tone and 'look'.

The problem I have is that i find it hard to pair black with 'colours' it ends up looking tacky. (Well the way I do it anyway) i'm envious of the girls that can pull it off :ermm:

I don't think wearing black is all that easy, it can look cheap, if it isn't the right kind of black, and it isn't that easy to combine with other colours/fabrics. My comfort colours are gray and denim blue.

i love black and white, but I always add in a little red (usually shoes, belt, or accessory)

I love pastels but they just don't work for my skin tones. Pastels and white make me look very yellow, sallow, and tan...which is not a good look on me...so I have to resort to deep saturated color, I think black and deep colors from the red family look best on me. Dark gray, taupe, navy, and brown also work for me...so that's pretty much what my wardrobe consist of right now...it's safe but complementary

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolores del Rio
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->