• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tina Chow

Thank you for posting your divine crystal!
It's very Tina and very 80s!
Enjoy and be protected by Tina's alluring aura!
Zurain
XxX

thank you zurain!!:heart: i just love it and as a reiki master as well as fashionista, i am really enjoying the piece. i hope to be able to aquire other tina chow pieces in the futue if the universe provides.B)

If you locate other Tina Chow pieces you better inform me as well (LOL).
I am one of her most frenzied fans!
Zurain
XxX

zurain said:
If you locate other Tina Chow pieces you better inform me as well (LOL).
I am one of her most frenzied fans!
Zurain

X

have you seen any of tina's jewelry IRL?:heart:

Well I lived in New York during the time Tina was a huge fashionista there. I last saw Tina's bamboo and crystal jewelry in 1992, the year she died.
I asked a fashion expert at FIT to locate more for me.
Zurain
XxX

zurain said:
Well I lived in New York during the time Tina was a huge fashionista there. I last saw Tina's bamboo and crystal jewelry in 1992, the year she died.
I asked a fashion expert at FIT to locate more for me.
Zurain
XxX

and any success?

Dr. Valerie Steele who is director and chief curator of The Museum at FIT
and received an Iris Award for distinguished contributions to the decorative arts in 2002, and in 2003 the Artistry of Fashion Award at the American Images Awards ceremony is helping me to look.
FIT's Harold Koda helped to edit and publish Rizzoli's Flair: Fashion Collected by Tina Chow so she is my best bet.
Waiting to hear from her!
zurain
XxX

Zurain, that's a beautiful piece of jewelry. I had the Flair book. I might be able to post pics of it sometime on here.

lollicandy said:
Zurain, that's a beautiful piece of jewelry. I had the Flair book. I might be able to post pics of it sometime on here.

lolli, what piece are u referring to? are their pix of tina's own brand jewelry in Flair? if so, plse post pix.:heart:

Oops! I meant you Chauss. And yes there are pictures of her with her pieces and one surrounded with her notebooks and working on designs.

Found Tina Chow Pics

Okay its way too late to be uploading all my photos, so I have the first batch attached to here. The picture of the jewelry is from ragoarts.com, and only teh pendants are attributed to Chow. The article is from Mao Mag website. The rest are my own photos from the Flair book. I'll put up the rest over the next week.

DSCN5834.jpg

DSCN5836.jpg

DSCN5835.jpg

DSCN5833.jpg

DSCN5832.jpg

tina_chow.jpg

tinachowpendants.jpg

oohhhh! thnak you lolli! i cant wait to see the pix of her with her notebooks...:heart: please post more pix of her with her jewelry when you can. i was told Flair book did not have her jewelry pieces??? cant wait to see more. thank you again.B)

If you would like to see Tina's famous Bamboo and Crystal bracelets in person, I saw them myself in Paris at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs. It is a treasure trove of beautiful jewelry if that is what you are interested in.

Also, the Flair book does indeed contain some pictures of her wearing her own jewelry. However, it does not focus on the jewelry specifically, ie no photos of just the jewelry. She does have favorites though, as in several pictures with different outfits she wears the same bracelets.

lollli, thank you for amazing pix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart: :heart: :heart:

aww...i love her^^ She's like the asian Audrey Hepburn

I'm curious about Tina's husband's reaction to her AIDS status? I had read that quote before about her being "naughty". Did she have a special understanding with her husband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tundrator
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->