US Vanity Fair September 2009 : Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcett

Those shots are indeed wonderful. The two of them toghether would have made a perfect cover.

Does anyone actually have this issue or is it too early?
If someone has it, I'd really like to know who is credited for the make up for the Michael photos ?
TIA :flower:

I got the Michael Jackson cover shot on my subscription issue. Disappointed that Mad Men didn't get the cover, because the shots are strong and the article is interesting. I wish someone here would create a cover with that intended cover shot, so we could see what it might have looked like.

Also of interest is Roberto Cavalli giving off about how he's defied everything in life to become a success, and an article about the house of Dior today.

There doesn't seem to be any obvious make-up credit for that 1989 shoot with Michael, the cover credits only give the photographer - Bruce McBroom for Farrah, and Annie Leibovitz for Michael.

^The Mad Men spread is stunning, easily best work Annie has done in years. She perfectly captured Betty & Don Draper, she MUST be a fan of the show, i am convinced of it. And that article is simply superbly written, reminds me why i still buy VF.

I feel like its a shame they didn't get the cover, because it would have been stunning, but i understand why they went with Michael & Farrah, its just down to bad timing. Major celebrities are as capricious in death as they are in life. Oh well....here is to hoping there is a lot more season for MM thus more shots for them to get the cover next time.^_^

I think the original cover was a shot of January and Jon in the pool, they use it on the inside. I'd still like to see them on a major cover like Vogue or W together. They fit well as a couple...especially when styled right.

I tired my best to get Farrah's cover today, but no luck. I must of asked in more than several stores.
The Cavalli and Dior articles are a good read.

scanned by vogue28

HQ

I'm so afraid I'm not going to get the MJ issue... it'll probably end up being an eBay purchase. It's such a good cover - I'm not too fond of the 'tragic icon' tag line though... seems a little inappropriate. I don't think either of them thought their lives were tragic, and MJ's definitely wasn't - just challenging at times. I don't think they should have given Farrah her own cover, not next to MJ who was a humanitarian and so important to modern culture. Farrah was awesome but in all fairness, she was "just" a small screen actress.

But the cover hunt start tomorrow!

I think Farrah means a lot more to different generations, I'm in my thirties and can comprehend her stardom, but it's my mother who really remembers the impact she had at the time. I wouldn't diminish Farrah simply because her time was that long ago - if we're remembering her fondly three decades on from that first burst of fame, then there was something to remember. We weren't there to see how she populated the magazines and newspapers, or how she became a beauty icon, or everything else which has been washed away by time. Apart from that poster.

I don't think they should have given Farrah her own cover, not next to MJ who was a humanitarian and so important to modern culture. Farrah was awesome but in all fairness, she was "just" a small screen actress.

Agreed....

Good luck on finding a copy! =D

I tired my best to get Farrah's cover today, but no luck. I must of asked in more than several stores.
The Cavalli and Dior articles are a good read
HQ

I looked around up here, and couldn't find a Farrah cover either, so held out till I went to London yesterday - and still could only find Michael covers!

How many pages are there in this issue? Is this a thick issue? :flower:

is it true that doutzen has a editorial in this issue ????

No. There's a small pic of her on page 326 by Demarchelier which is part of the Toujours Couture story by Amy Fine Collins. There are a lot of images... some vintage. The others are mostly of Trentini.

TOUJOURS COUTURE
By Amy Fine Collins
Stylist: Sarajane Hoare
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier

source | scanned by MMA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back