• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Which designer brands sell the highest percentage of actual clothing? As opposed to bags, perfumes, shoes etc.

That's a very good question ! I would also like to have sources concerning the margins made by clothing brands and their different distribution channels.

My guesses among the independents would include Alaïa and Dries van Noten. Also Versace, mostly because for a brand so well-known, Versace is rather light on the leather goods promo even if they still have perfumes.

In terms of having a major brand whose revenues come mostly from clothes - probably Ralph Lauren?

My guesses among the independents would include Alaïa and Dries van Noten. Also Versace, mostly because for a brand so well-known, Versace is rather light on the leather goods promo even if they still have perfumes.

In terms of having a major brand whose revenues come mostly from clothes - probably Ralph Lauren?
Yes I was thinking Dries too; he isn't really known for shoes, bags, perfumes etc. Good shout on Alaia and Versace as well. Thoughts on Rick Owens? I realise a high percentage probably comes from his shoes.

Alaia, Versace, Zegna, Burberry, AMI, Isabel Marant, Lanvin (used to sell mostly clothes under Alber), Balmain, Dries Van Noten, Thom Browne, Rick Owens (probably), Max Mara, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Oscar De La Renta. Those are brands that I have on top of my head…

Alaia, Versace, Zegna, Burberry, AMI, Isabel Marant, Lanvin (used to sell mostly clothes under Alber), Balmain, Dries Van Noten, Thom Browne, Rick Owens (probably), Max Mara, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Oscar De La Renta. Those are brands that I have on top of my head…
Great list! Ah Lanvin under Alber Elbaz...what a time to be alive.

I agree with all those names - the only one I would query further is Thom Browne. I know he probably sells a lot of those armband cardigans and suit shorts, I just wonder how sales of those stack up compared to his ties, socks, wallets, animal bags etc.

Great list! Ah Lanvin under Alber Elbaz...what a time to be alive.

I agree with all those names - the only one I would query further is Thom Browne. I know he probably sells a lot of those armband cardigans and suit shorts, I just wonder how sales of those stack up compared to his ties, socks, wallets, animal bags etc.
Im sure Thom sells more of his separates than actual suits, even if a loyal customer of the RTW might buy a suit every season but maybe you should look at their numbers if it’s specified.

But technically, wallets, ties, socks and animal bags are accessories and leather goods. While he might sell a lot of them I would be surprised if they make more than RTW.
I’ve seen more men in RTW than socks and animal bags.

I don’t think Versace’s RTW mix is that high tho, could be maybe higher than similar brands, but I wouldn’t expect something higher than 25% and that would be a lot for a brand like that.

I wonder what’s the mix of D&G. I see many people dressed in D&G in Summer.

Now that Alaïa is doing good accessories the RTW mix will drop.

Emporio Armani’s mix is basically all RTW and Giorgio quite the same. I forgot about this brand.

Versace and Burberry sell more of other categories than clothing. Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger are tricky ones because there are so many licenses and sub-brands - everything from bedding to wall paint.

Leaving out brands that don’t offer much else or only recently expanded beyond clothing:
Akris, Kiton, Brioni, Rag & Bone, Brunello Cucinelli, Issey Miyake, Helmut Lang, Sacai, Wales Bonner.

Max Mara, because they hardly have decent line for footwear and leathergoods. They do have shoes and bags in store but very limited choice, even for display only sometimes!

Versace and Burberry sell more of other categories than clothing. Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger are tricky ones because there are so many licenses and sub-brands - everything from bedding to wall paint.

Leaving out brands that don’t offer much else or only recently expanded beyond clothing:
Akris, Kiton, Brioni, Rag & Bone, Brunello Cucinelli, Issey Miyake, Helmut Lang, Sacai, Wales Bonner.

What would you say Burberry sells the most of? I would have thought a fair chunk of their sales still come from trench coats and outerwear - I can't really think of any hugely popular bags or accessories they offer.

What would you say Burberry sells the most of? I would have thought a fair chunk of their sales still come from trench coats and outerwear - I can't really think of any hugely popular bags or accessories they offer.
Accessories is the biggest department.

Revenue by product (£m) (2023)
Accessories: 1,125
Women's: 867
Men's: 868
Children's, Beauty and other: 184

From their annual report https://www.burberryplc.com/content...nual-report-2022-23/Annual-report-2022-23.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->