• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Work Shoes

Charlotte560

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have been given a promotion at work - in the new year I'll be taking on more responsibility, especially in meeting people, talking to clients, showing them round etc. This means I have to look smart. I must wear a suit - skirt or trousers. But I feel I must go for it and start wearing high heels to work - all day every day! Other shoes just don't seem to give the right sharp professional image.

The problem is that I don't often wear heels and when I do (parties etc.) I find them rather painful. But I am determined to do this - I have slummed around in flats for too long. It's time to get on my toes!

What I want to know is do any of you have any advice. How should I prepare myself for this. Should I just wear heels as much as possible before I start the new job in January? And how high should I go. I want to wear 4 inch heels - shorter than this doesn't seem to give the right shape at the ankle and the right height. Do any of you know any exercises I can do to prepare my feet and ankles and how long will it be before heels start to feel normal.

Do any of you wear heels all day at work and, if so, how do you cope? Is there anyone else who is trying to get into waering heels who would like to share tips or advice or give encouragement?

I'd be so grateful for any help or advice!

Thanks,
Charlotte

I think that 4 inches is a little high for work - IMO

Since its winter I wear boots...but other then that I do wear heels.. but they are only 2 inches high... let me see if I can get u pics of the shoes I wear..

RL41179LE.jpg

think style, and equally as important, comfort. If your feet are hurting, you'll be less interested in 'your job', which is representing the company. There are lots of 2 inch, stylishly smart shoes out there.

Best to you! :flower:

try Prada.......they can seem expensive but they are a good investment as the last, and plus no city high flyer would be seen dead without a pair :wink:

these in black are great
100095893.jpg

quite honestly it depends what kinda work you got. office, PR, events, etc?!!? :unsure:

personally i just cannot wear heels for long hours (and god knows how many i got)
i got good alternatives. very dressy flat shoes do the trickf or me :wink:

It's not only about the size of the heel but how elegant the shoes are... I love stilettos but my feet swell all the time like hell..
So I have thin heels that are not too high and they do the trick. In this case, it's just important to know how to choose the heel. It musn't be too chunky but thin and elegant.

I have flat Guccis, half heels, high heels from Gucci, sandals from Coach, boots from a lot of good Spanish brands (I come from Spain country of shoes, thank God!!!), etc... And they all look excellent.
And though I have the 5 inch things in the end I always go for my reliable boots with 2 1/2 heel.

And tomorrow I'm going shoes shopping!!! Woooohooo!!!! I'm in doubt between some Prada's a pair of Gucci's and a pair of Dior's I've seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sofia

Hi Charlotte,

Try these Manolo for work. It's comfortable eventhoguh it's a pump. They're classy and elegant too, makes you look professional :wink:

Welcome, Charlotte! :flower:

I also think 4 inch heels are too much for every day. Think of your poor Achilles tendon! :o When you do find the shoes you like, definitely wear them around the house an hour or so at a time before you wear them for a day. And in the beginning, you may want to keep a lower pair of heels under your desk to alternate during the day, expecially when you have a lot of running around to do. What sort of position do you have in what sort of company?

I'm looking for a work suit to go with these shoes I've just bought. Any ideas? I'm open for suggestions.
P5623KS04.jpg

um, try the benneton...those shoes are very standard work wear and benneton makes a lot of standard work suits.

I'm 16 and interning at a law firm in London this summer... I know I need to wear skirts and conservative-ish clothing, but what do I wear on my feet?!

a closed leather shoe with a moderate and not too wobbly heel...conservative is better...

nothing sexy... :flower:

I would recommend these. They are suede and very fashionable while still being conservative.

They are made by Chinese Laundry. You can buy them at www.zappos.com

Good Luck!

Under the topic "pointy with style" ( a few topics down) would look cute! i loove them! :heart:

I think high heels are a very bad idea for an intern. I have been an office intern before, and believe me, interns get all of the fetch-and-carry grunt work. Don't be surprised if you are sent to the resource library a dozen times a day, and made to do all of the photocopying and coffee runs. You will want something respectable looking that will get you around the office comfortably and will suit if you do end up putting some miles in around the office.

My internship was with a literary society, and I spent quite a bit of time shepherding visitors around to the exhibition centre, running post to the mailroom, copying, stuffing envelopes, and entering membership information into a database. I also did my share of tea runs and coffee fetching. Asok the Intern, from Dilbert, is not stictly a parody, though thank heavens I wasn't *quite* as naieve as Asok is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanillaCrush
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->