Work Shoes

I actually replied to this topic on a different post, but I'll post my answer here too. I'm an attorney with a large law firm and pumps are definately acceptable. So are slingbacks, loafers, boots (with pants), and mules. The rule of thumb is not to wear sandals and don't wear ridiculously high heels. I would say 3 inches and under is a safe bet.

How often do you wear those heels at work?

Do you wear them because you feel you have to or because you want to? Do you feel more confident when you are striding around those few inches taller? Do you find them painful and if so how do you put up with the pain?

I've started wearing heels to work and I love the way I look but I do find them painful after a whole day, so I'd like to know how the rest of you get on.

Charlotte

I wear heels to work everyday and I'm alright with them because I've been wearing them since I was very,very young so they don't really hurt my feet

Definitely everyday. My lowest heels are just under 6 inches but I rarely wear anything that low anymore. Most of my favorites are in the 6 to 7 inch range or a bit higher with platforms.

After you have been wearing them as long as I have you hardly notice the extra inch or two but everyone else does and I get some wonderful compliments. :P

Given the environment I work in, I could at any given moment need to flat out run for a first aid emergency. I might have to go on deck (slippery pool deck,) I might be climbing things or carrying boxes of supplies. Sooo.... Very very rarely do I wear heels there. I think I wore them once. Maybe I was just thinking about wearing them.

I wear heels and hose every day with a skirt suit or dress. There is no better way to draw attention to the female power than to dress up and put the girls in shower thongs to shame!

I voted everyday even though I am not a woman and thus do not wear high heels. But, at my job if you are a girl you have to wear them the whole time you are there. My manager pretty much throws them off at the end of the day though and has foot problems from doing retail in heels for years.

Erika,
You are so right. Heels plus a smart, sharp skirt suit are the way to emphasise power while being feminine. I only realised this a year or so ago when I started wearing heels for work each day. They really hurt at first and I wanted to give up - but I love the power, the posture and the respect you get. Come on girls - if you don't wear heels for wok now try getting up on those toes and see how much better you feel!
Good luck,
Charlotte

I never wear high-heels to work, firstly because my I never wear high-heels anyway because ankles are weak and my feet are bad, and secondly, because my job can get quite physical, and I don't think I could manage dead-lifting a 50lb box of documents over my head in stilettos, or climbing up a ladder to reach down a 4' long roll of commercial blueprints.

I wear oxfords or lumberjack boots for daily wear.

Meister--I am so glad I don't work at your workplace. What a bizarre and outdated dresscode. The men should have to try that for a week. I bet they'd change that clause of the dress code immediately! I actually quit a job partially because I kept getting in trouble for wearing my lumberjack boots to the office. If my feet can't be comfortable, I can't work, and get hellaciously bitchy.

id did wear them everyday but ive now been told its agaisnt health and saftey!! has the world gone mad they wernt thast high prob 3.5'' - 4''

i now wear small poss 2'' heal and it upsets me dearly

I too wear them every day (pretty much) - I think it does give you that extra bit of power. I think it is to do with making you slightly taller.

I always wear a suit and thesedays a smart jacket too - either my cashmere one or my shearling.

Dressing up smart for work is important to create the right image.

Hi,
I really agree with you about this. It is important to look samrt at work - and yes, heels really do give you a feeling of power don't they? Maybe it is the extra height.
Charlotte

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonwreath
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->