• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Your Best & Worst Collections of Haute Couture S/S 2022

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that this season's haute couture fashion week has concluded, I thought we'd waste no time in dissecting the best and worst!

A personal fave of mine was Schiaparelli, with every single look being worthy of an iconic red carpet moment. Of course, I found myself fawning over Alexandre Vauthier and some looks from Chanel were sublime (like the ivory halter neck dress toward the end of the show with the pockets). I even thought some of the dresses from Christian Dior were divine, was very pleasantly surprised by Maria Grazia Chiuri once again this season.

My one major disappointment was Fendi, which I thought was a departure from previous seasons by Kim Jones but in the worst way. The collection felt more suited to autumn/winter as opposed to a spring/summer offering.

Overall, I thought this season was extremely strong with no real disasters.

Best: Schiaparelli & JPG
Others are meh

My favorite collections were:

1) Valentino
2) Schiaparelli
3) Jean Paul Gaultier
4) Elie Saab
5) Christian Dior
6) Fendi
7) Chanel
8) Viktor & Rolf
9) Azzaro
10) Alexandre Vauthier

The ones I like most are definitely Schiaparelli and Viktor&Rolf. Don't have a worst collection as I haven't checked everything and probably won't do it. Everything else I've seen left me cold somehow.

Where´s Rucci?? :cry::cry::cry:

Fashion does not deserve Rucci in its current state. A true artist like that should not be placed among such amateurish work. Yes, JPG X Glenn Martens was solid, but Rucci would have shown, he would have been in a league of his own.

There was no good collection this season for me but some fabulous looks of ideas.

The green ensemble on Hannelore at Valentino, The white tailleur and the black velvet minidress with strong shoulders at Vauthier and some dresses and tops at Gaultier.

Couture is frustrating because obviously, there are talented and skilled designers like Nicolas. Haider, Riccardo among others who are doing RTW and we have Alexis Mabille, Kim Jones or Virginie Viard in Couture…

I miss Armani and Ralph Rucci.
It’s insane to think that for me those are the most important voices in the Couture calendar today! Those are veterans!

Armani and Rucci have a purpose in their creation. Yes they are expressing their creativity but there’s also a pragmatism in the fact that they know who they are creating for.
Nothing bores me than Redcarpet dressing and this is all we have seen this week.

I liked a couple looks of V&R and Schiaparelli too. But overall totally bleh. Couture week has continually been such a bore! Maybe I'm really psychotic but I honestly swear to god if someone would just consult with this forum during their design process they would end up putting out something stellar lmfao :rofl:

Fashion does not deserve Rucci in its current state. A true artist like that should not be placed among such amateurish work. Yes, JPG X Glenn Martens was solid, but Rucci would have shown, he would have been in a league of his own.

A very talented couturier...totally ignored by a brainless industry.

I liked a couple looks of V&R and Schiaparelli too. But overall totally bleh. Couture week has continually been such a bore! Maybe I'm really psychotic but I honestly swear to god if someone would just consult with this forum during their design process they would end up putting out something stellar lmfao :rofl:

I agree with you...but that would mean actually working in the atelier...and you know "creative directors" these days are too busy with their Instagram accounts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
discrepancyofficial
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->