Your favorite items of clothing

Emilie

Reaction score
What is one of your most precious pieces of clothing? It could be something you've had forever, received as a gift, was a really great find etc.

One of my favorite pieces is a pair of jeans I’ve had for years. They’re paper-thin in the bum and everywhere else and too ratty to wear in public but I wear them at home. :ninja:
I constantly get harassed to throw them out but I refuse! They’ve been through so many cycles in the wash machine that they've morphed into flannel pjs. Every time they get another hole I just stitch on another patch. Pretty soon they’ll just be a confusion of patches with only the original seams left, but I love em!

mmmm, a baby blue hoodie, nothing really special but it goes with everything.

of my clothing items that are literally precious pieces, an antique tan suede coat. it's knee-length and has a fur collar. (my rare fur exception) it is absolutely gorgeous and while it's in good condition, I don't wear it often because it's still delicate. but it fits me as though it was made for me, and I always feel like I've stepped back in time to the 20's when I put it on. :heart:

as for my two most precious lived-in pieces, the first would be a big cozy chunky knit black cardigan with big buttons. it's the warmest thing on earth, and has seen me through three scottish winters now. of course it's tatty looking and oversized, so I don't wear it out of the house, but I love it.
the other is a pair of wide-leg cords that I bought from zara a couple of years ago. they're a couple of sizes too big, and sit very low, so I don't wear them out. also, they're terribly worn now, and the corduroy has started to even flatten out. but they're soo comfortable. I just keep repairing them when something rips. :lol:

That would have to be the 1960's vintage fur coat I "inherited" from my mother... It's really gorgeous, and it's by far the best faux-fur I've ever seen. My grandad brought it from Paris for my mother in the 60's, and it cost a fortune back then. Its my treasure now :heart:

I have one pair of jeans that is just *perfect*. It makes me look thinner than I actually I am, which is always nice. :wink:

Besides that I have a black and white pinstriped blazer that I wear a lot. It's very comfy and you can create all sorts of looks with it. It can look very classy/sophisticated, but also very funky, it depends on what you combine it with. I love it. :heart:

My most prized item of clothing is a Comme des Garcons Homme Plus white t-shirt I inherited from my father...it's very basic, just a plain white t-shirt but I wore it all throughout my high school years and it grew up with me. The t-shirt is as old as I am, and it's kinda distressed now...the fabric is sorta coming apart in this one place but that makes me like it even more as it gives it an edge, some kind of authenticity you might say. The cotton is also unbelievable to touch, I don't see cotton that nice in clothes nowadays. I love wearing it with my Y's blazer and jeans. :heart:

A black beaded,short,flapper style dress by Prada....I bought it in Italy and everytime I wear it I feel absolutely wonderful :heart:

My Baby-blue Boyshorts from my Senior year. Wear them when I'm not at work and not in the mood to get dressed otherwise.

At the moment, my handknit Dolce & Gabbana alpaca/wool turtleneck sweater. It's the most comfortable and warmest thing ever. And it's wintery/Christmasy-looking (reindeer), and I love the holiday season.

my white dolce and gabbana blazer -- the same exact one that beckham (i think his was dolce cuz mine looks pretty damn close) has that he wore with jeans when he had long hair. i love it so much i havent had the guts to wear it.

Yves Saint Laurent tie - it's an off-white background with dark blue hearts and electric blue art nouveau style roses.

My vintage baby blue coat with tan leather trim.... so gorgeous.

it's a tie between my coats i think...my gucci wool fox collared one, gucci cashmere fox collared and my burberry trench...maybe my burberry trench because it was one of my first major coats and is such a classic

I apologize to the regular tFSers for being repetitive...

this

100101043.jpg

Originally posted by faust@Nov 17 2004, 05:34 PM

this

100101043.jpg

[snapback]436248[/snapback]​

it's alright... i love looking at them :P :heart:

Originally posted by meowmix@Nov 17 2004, 04:44 PM
it's alright... i love looking at them :P :heart:
[snapback]436268[/snapback]​

:P thanks. btw, for the first time today i actually saw someone else wearing them.

my smoky topaz ring...bought it off a guy that sells stuff in front of my office. it's rectangular, about 3/4" x 1/2" with a wide silver band...

and my grandmother's gucci navy/red doctors bag. i found it in the basement of my house about 4 years ago.

Originally posted by faust@Nov 17 2004, 04:34 PM

this

100101043.jpg

[snapback]436248[/snapback]​
Those seriously do not look like distressed suede. They look like shiny leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IIIIII
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->