Alexander McQueen F/W 2024.25 Paris

Apparently Kering started a new competition among their brands: who will get the top prize for most ruined brand?
We started with Balenciaga, then Ancora Gucci came along but looks like McQueen will be a serious contender too.

The more backstage videos I see of designers talking to journalists, the more I think they should be absolutely banned from doing so. If a collection wasn't already that great, hearing them talk about it makes things much, much worse.

The last couple of looks shown here were absolute horror, they have no place on a runway in any collection/designer/city/aesthetic but to put them under the name of McQueen is just...rude.

Poor thing is so lost and in over his head. He does not have the darkness, romanticism, boldness, or skill of McQueen and there is no way he can even spin things to justify this collection. Disappointed.

Kering, save for YSL and BV, is looking pretty bad right now.

I don't know why I keep doing this benefit of the doubt bs. It always leads to disappointment.. :judge:

Let's see...when I read Sean suggesting that baggy pants were sinonimous with "modern", I should've turned the red alarm on. And it seems to him that modernity=big proportions. Big collars, baggy pants. And THAT is not literal or reductive, as making a bumpster would be (that's what he said). The references to Lee's shapes are inevitable, taking them out of context too, but what is the context Sean is showing us? Silly angry teenagers? Where is the romance or even the danger?

Lee made clothes for women and men you will not mess with. His shows had a narrative, a certain drama. The casting for this was made of all the Balenciaga leftovers, all those try hards who would not scare a fly. And there is no sense of drama because an assembly line of expressionless angry teenagers is not dramatic at all. When the first model didn't made a pose, I knew it was over.

I'm gonna talk more sh*t about this disaster later, I'm busy now.

And the smugness of his answer about not being intimidated to fill such big shoes..."I don't really see it like that"

He should be intimidated. If you're not intimidated to fill their shoes, you're delusional. No matter how talented you are. He's clearly very delusional.

do they fit these clothes on human bodies?
more specifically, human FEET?
just wondering :huh:

lmfao omgg he really is just staying stuff...
Please don't mention it, he's so nervous and blanking out that it made me nervous. He needs media training asap 😣.. there's a lot in the body language that is not helping what he's saying and makes him look defensive (the biting the lip, the nodding to his own words and squinting..).

I read something about cutting him some slack cause he's young.. I'm not going to be ageist cause same age bracket but at 35 you're only too young to die. That's what the 20s are for, to grow thick skin after intern-like experiences, so you can handle the heat you get in your 30s, where you're finally seen as a 'threat' and get more powerful positions. He'll be fine, he most likely has some hobby or activity to release stress and navigate pressure... also, everyone knows Kering is the type of company where you enter like a king and exit like a thief, it's ruthless and he's in one of the top positions so.. hopefully he's prepared for something (cause he certainly did not prepare for his debut).

Kpop stars trending on twitter because they're on the first row are the perfect indicator that the show is gonna be 💩 This wasn't the exception.
Oh also did anyone at Kering thought in Kate Middleton??? No way she's gonna wear that Bomberman dress.

Please don't mention it, he's so nervous and blanking out that it made me nervous. He needs media training asap 😣.. there's a lot in the body language that is not helping what he's saying and makes him look defensive (the biting the lip, the nodding to his own words and squinting..).

I read something about cutting him some slack cause he's young.. I'm not going to be ageist cause same age bracket but at 35 you're only too young to die. That's what the 20s are for, to grow thick skin after intern-like experiences, so you can handle the heat you get in your 30s, where you're finally seen as a 'threat' and get more powerful positions. He'll be fine, he most likely has some hobby or activity to release stress and navigate pressure... also, everyone knows Kering is the type of company where you enter like a king and exit like a thief, it's ruthless and he's in one of the top positions so.. hopefully he's prepared for something (cause he certainly did not prepare for his debut).
He's 35 I thought it was 25 well at least he looks young. And this is what sets kering apart from lvmh, Bernard Arnault is actually interested in fashion and really likes it he likes the designers he liked galliano he even liked McQueen for a little while. He gave them time money and resources to develop into something great and they all did.

He's 35??? I thought he was in his early-mid 20's 😭😭😭 nooooooo. I was feeling so bad that he was a young kid with the world's weight on his shoulders and his prefrontal cortex wasn't even fully developed! Bruh!
You had me looking this up again! I swear my eyes are not deceiving me and it says here that he is 35.

And yeah no, this is him fully formed, fully thinking this through and giving a showcase of work style, working under pressure, understanding assignments, and where his ego lands in the middle of all of this. That, sadly, doesn't change at this point. He may succumb to pressure and give the suits exactly what they demand (the way Demna, Hedi, Anthony, all bend down to the big bosses) but the essence is here for all to see (I'm not focusing on the exact items but the decisions behind what he showed today).

The irony is that I am checking the "Similar Threads" feature just below these pages and Sarah Burton was trashed too for years ... "one-trick poney", "costume", "fire her" etc etc ...
Tonight everybody is mourning her departure.

You had me looking this up again! I swear my eyes are not deceiving me and it says here that he is 35.

And yeah no, this is him fully formed, fully thinking this through and giving a showcase of work style, working under pressure, understanding assignments, and where his ego lands in the middle of all of this. That, sadly, doesn't change at this point. He may succumb to pressure and give the suits exactly what they demand (the way Demna, Hedi, Anthony, all bend down to the big bosses) but the essence is here for all to see (I'm not focusing on the exact items but the decisions behind what he showed today).
That makes this sooo much worse than I thought 😭 just watched this vid (below) of Suzy Menkes asking him questions before the show, and his answers and their relation to what we saw are so... there's no fing way this is for real.

The irony is that I am checking the "Similar Threads" feature just below these pages and Sarah Burton was trashed too for years ... "one-trick poney", "costume", "fire her" etc etc ...
Tonight everybody is mourning her departure.
I always thought she was great and I never understood the hate that she got what else was she going to do. this is such a difficult brand she focused on what made McQueen great tailoring styling and great items to purchase that's all you can do. Other than that, that's a dead brand the original artist was just too great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brky1907
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->