Christian Dior S/S 08 Paris

When Galliano does outrageous, people want tame. When Galliano does tame, people want outrageous.

No one is ever satisfied.

he has completely lost it.

I have to admit, this is a bit better than the last few rtw collections which were just AWFUL... but this is still not good. He can do MUCH better.

and the show! What happened to the entertainment?? the music is probably just as boring as the clothing. And if not a mirrored runway, at least have SOMETHING interesting or exciting about the presentation... :doh::yuk:.

i look forward to Dior less each season. I'm not even surprised at my disappointment anymore.

This show has me exstatic!! I loved it!!! so fun, classic,sexy..I love it

I'm a bit underwhelmed.

It's not my favourite collection, but I bet it's a really successful one.

...and the show! What happened to the entertainment?? the music is probably just as boring as the clothing. And if not a mirrored runway, at least have SOMETHING interesting or exciting about the presentation... :doh::yuk:.

i look forward to Dior less each season. I'm not even surprised at my disappointment anymore.
I know...it's SO sad.:cry:

There are so few SHOWS in fashion anymore (except a few in Paris.), the rest are just plain venues with generic, average music. Dior used to be the most exciting show of the season (for me, and many others, at least). The whole thing was high energy!

I've said it a billion times already, but I miss the music and the mirrored runway of the Dior RTW and HC (...and Galliano) shows of several years back. Those were the greatest. I still get excited watching the videos.

Now...well......Boring. The clothes are lovely (yet a bit too wearable), the make up is no longer genius, the music is so average, etc,...the shows are BORING!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

WE want Galliano BACK!!!!!

I just never thought I would see the day when John Galliano would be content to send a model down the runway in white trousers, a wife beater and suspenders.

Really ...
Galliano did an amazing couture collection, and he come up with this??
doh.gif

I think LVHM asked him to do a more wearable collection, or something of the kind, because his shows are losing all that Dior magic, the heavy make up, the 6 inches shoes, he is losing all his creativity.

You know...I think this plan will backfire. This new 'elegant' Dior is clearly boring and average...it could soon become (if continued on this path) no different than many NY designers...elegant, wearable sportswear, but nothing more. There will be nothing to set Dior apart...:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Valentino-esque, but some pieces look really cheap. :ninja: I love Dior usually, but this collection is so off. Where's the adventurousness or the great Galliano insanity?

I was expecting a lot from John because I loved his FW0708 Ready-to-Wear and Haute Couture collections, but this one is just disappointing.

...Ergh...it looks like Michael Kors would design this when given the old Hollywood moodboard...how uninspiring

Last edited by a moderator:
He probably played "English man in New York" because Sting was in the audience..no?

Wel its certainly not the traditional Dior, but I like it. He's gone in a sexier direction than his usual. Galliano's done something a bit different. Which is why he is so cool in the first place- hes unpredictable. I hate the leopard print. But everything else is so glamourous and sexy. The details in those dresses are amazing! Like Tanya's and Morgane's.

Im SO excited to see Caroline T and Mariacarla!

You know...I think this plan will backfire. This new 'elegant' Dior is clearly boring and average...it could soon become (if continued on this path) no different than many NY designers...elegant, wearable sportswear, but nothing more. There will be nothing to set Dior apart...:cry:

This is true! Very true. But I think he's toned his RTW collection simply because it's supposed to be Ready To Wear. It makes sense economically. Many designers do this.

well..

the clothes are beautiful ....i think this summer collection is laying the sihlouette for his future collections . For fall im sure he will quirk it his way, these are simple floaty clothes , for fall knowing him he is going punk out this look. You guys are missing that sort of tranny/garrish edge he puts in his shows.

just wait for his galliano collection to see his real stuff.. mind you he has to compete with the likes of idiots like frida run gucci , so he has to put clothes out there which will sell sell...and emerging markets love this stuff like anything. He has to strike a balance with art and money, i think he did it quite well. Besides for summer , clothes have to be more relaxed and simple , for fall you can layer it up and add a lot more stuff. so give the guy a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->